Brexit and the Consequences

That is meant to be ironic, ISN'T IT ? Please, please say it is :confused:

Thought Shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer gave a good response to Davies.

Davies just ignoring all advice or consideration. Bully boys. No white paper. Lost count how many MPs asked for it.

Lazy sods. Aren't prepared to do any work. :eek:

First time I've seen a decent Labour opposition in Parliament.

Atilla, Me Old China: I was just starting to think of you as an extremely well-informed person of impeccable judgement who critically scans all the facts and comes to a Spock-like logical conclusion. I can accept that once in a while you might get it wrong eg. your propensity to being a Remainer (some of the finest minds on Earth once thought that it was flat) – but that quote of yours above is surely beyond the pale. I can only think that somebody slipped something into your morning cuppa :LOL:

Last edited:
Atilla, Me Old China: I was just starting to think of you as an extremely well-informed person of impeccable judgement who critically scans all the facts and comes to a Spock-like logical conclusion. I can accept that once in a while you might get it wrong eg. your propensity to being a Remainer (some of the finest minds on Earth once thought that it was flat) – but that quote of yours above is surely beyond the pale. I can only think that somebody slipped something into your morning cuppa :LOL:

Cheers Mini, and I wish more peeps would slip some of that something into my cuppa on a daily basis. :)

What we need now, similar to where MPs voted against capital punishment with their conscience as opposed to the popullar vote which was and still is for CP, vote against triggering A50 as it is highly risky with no white paper is mob rule imo.

Man lives on hope with sparse application of soap.

:cheers:

fwiw, Government should not expect a smooth ride as Labour (won't mention Corbyn) is proposing an amendment to the bill.

I also think and believe as Db suggested we could do with delaying A50 and watching Trump's developments in the US. Learn from others.

If the people and Parliament still feel with respect to developments Brexit makes good sense all well and good. I'll join you in due course too if the case for it can be made without the nonsense from politically ambitious plonkers like MG, AL and BJ and TM to a large degree.

(y)

Just biding my time, twiddling my thumbs.(y)

France, Netherlands, Germany in 2017 are going to make our remoaner's arguments irrelevant. Next wave of migrants will be assembling soon ready for the spring crossing. Malta's PM and others say, Europe cannot survive another migrant crisis.

EU is incapable of any meaningful reform and are always found wanting when dealing with any kind of crisis.

As the situation develops, more and more from the UK will come to realise that being part of the dysfunctional club will not be in the UK's interests. I fully expect a hardening of attitude that we can and will go it alone.

If Scotland want's another vote on leaving the union, let them ! If they vote to leave, send them the bill for their share of the UK deficit, which is growing ever wider. Scotland's share of the deficit is also growing disproportionately due to the falling revenues from offshore. Also send them the bill for the on going decommissioning costs associated with the North Sea rigs and pipelines.

(y)

That may be true in theory Atilla, but it doesn't apply in practice. Every MP in the land knows it would be political suicide to go against the will of the democratic majority that they are elected to serve. Therefore, they'll vote accordingly. The whole court case brought by Gina Miller & Co has just been an expensive and time wasting charade that changes nothing viz a viz the referendum, Article 50 and Brexit in general.
Tim.

Nah, Brexit is the expensive charade, Tim :LOL:.

It won't change Brexit (more's the pity) but it is important constitutionally to re-enforce the sovereignty of parliament.

May Gives In to U.K. Lawmakers’ Demands to Publish Brexit Plan

Woman finally sees sense and does as she's told.

All very fine barking mad about our sovereignty and then play silly buggers. Can you believe, Davies said in the house of commons that her 6000 worded speech last week was sufficient outline of Government objectives. His another wannabeeee power mad politician who'll not come to much.

I do like old Kenneth though. One of the last, old and wise men left in the Tory imho. :)

U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said she’ll publish her plan for Brexit, giving in to demands from lawmakers seeking greater scrutiny in Parliament.

The government will publish a so-called white paper to allow proper debate of the strategy May outlined in a speech last week, the premier told lawmakers in Parliament on Wednesday.

Yay!

The government will publish a so-called white paper to allow proper debate of the strategy May outlined in a speech last week, the premier told lawmakers in Parliament on Wednesday.[/I]

Yay!
I wouldn't count your chickens just yet Atilla if I were you. My guess is that it won't expand very much on the detail of her speech last Tuesday, but it will enable her to say 'you wanted a white paper, I've given you a white paper, now shut up and let us get on with the business of delivering the outcome (because gawd knows we're all sick to death with judicial 'process') that the British people voted for last June' - or words to that effect. All those MPs who are now so triumphant about what they are claiming is a U-turn by TM on the White Paper are, I suspect, going to be oh so disappointed when they read it's content!
Tim.

Seems to be a lot of unhatched chicken counting on both sides, each of which derides the other with lots of lols as though it's all settled. But this process will take months, if not years, and the outcome is anything but settled.

Pay close attention to what's going on in the US, Denmark, France, Austria, Italy, and Germany, at the least (not to mention the Far East).

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet Atilla if I were you. My guess is that it won't expand very much on the detail of her speech last Tuesday, but it will enable her to say 'you wanted a white paper, I've given you a white paper, now shut up and let us get on with the business of delivering the outcome (because gawd knows we're all sick to death with judicial 'process') that the British people voted for last June' - or words to that effect. All those MPs who are now so triumphant about what they are claiming is a U-turn by TM on the White Paper are, I suspect, going to be oh so disappointed when they read it's content!
Tim.

Sounds like you're skating on a thin sheet of what's termed - contempt of court. :whistling

Never heard TM tell anyone to shut up! :rolleyes:

I wonder if you'll have the attention span to read a white paper and reach any informed conclusions. Not like staring at a blank canvass I can tell you. :p

Sounds like you're skating on a thin sheet of what's termed - contempt of court. :whistling

Never heard TM tell anyone to shut up! :rolleyes:

I wonder if you'll have the attention span to read a white paper and reach any informed conclusions. Not like staring at a blank canvass I can tell you. :p

Those MP's won't be lolling when she does snap, de-selects them and calls an election. Then we will see if Brexit means Brexit ! :LOL:

May Gives In to U.K. Lawmakers’ Demands to Publish Brexit Plan

Woman finally sees sense and does as she's told.

All very fine barking mad about our sovereignty and then play silly buggers. Can you believe, Davies said in the house of commons that her 6000 worded speech last week was sufficient outline of Government objectives. His another wannabeeee power mad politician who'll not come to much.

I do like old Kenneth though. One of the last, old and wise men left in the Tory imho. :)

U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said she’ll publish her plan for Brexit, giving in to demands from lawmakers seeking greater scrutiny in Parliament.

The government will publish a so-called white paper to allow proper debate of the strategy May outlined in a speech last week, the premier told lawmakers in Parliament on Wednesday.

Yay!
Ken Clarke lost his marbles a long time ago when he recommended the Euro.

But the PM is just winding up the Remainers & throwing them a few sprats to keep them happy. There is a clever scheming machine (Tory Black Box) at work with that bloke & woman who are May's chief advisers (SPADS) in the back of No10.

At PMQs they made a complete pratt of Corbyn today (actually quite easy on most days but today was a whopper) by winding him up with Davies's speech yesterday and then announcing the White Paper just before Jezza asked his pre-prepared question on (guess what?) provision of a WP. Poor old Jezza had to hastily change his question to ask about its timing instead. Rather missed the point and just emphasised how far out of his depth he was - totally incapable of thinking on his feet (or anything else for that matter). In reply to his next old chestnut on dastardly Tory employment conditions, she followed up by well and truly stuffing him with the Labour Mayor of London's comments earlier today, of how good and well-intentioned are the Tory proposals for maintenance of workers' rights. Best Parliamentary theatrical I've seen in a long while. Gloomy faces all round on the Labour benches.

Essentially, the government have conceded a few skirmishes but are winning the battle. A Pyrrhic victory for the Remainers indeed.

Seems to be a lot of unhatched chicken counting on both sides, each of which derides the other with lots of lols as though it's all settled. But this process will take months, if not years, and the outcome is anything but settled.

Pay close attention to what's going on in the US, Denmark, France, Austria, Italy, and Germany, at the least (not to mention the Far East).

Please practice what you preach, apply this to your dystopic Trump soothsaying as well, buddy.