Brexit and the Consequences

Not my problem if people don't go and vote :LOL:

Brexit is Brexit. Got it ?

You and your crony's make it a problem by lying to the British people and bullying Parliament into turning advise into constitutional law, inflicting years of suffering through ill thought out daft hope filled dreamy wishy washy policies that can not be delivered.

You are not getting it! ;)

You and your crony's make it a problem by lying to the British people and bullying Parliament into turning advise into constitutional law, inflicting years of suffering through ill thought out daft hope filled dreamy wishy washy policies that can not be delivered.

You are not getting it! ;)

No, you have it the wrong way round. We should never have joined the ill conceived project.

TBH it will all be academic in a few months time. There won't be an EU project.

Hope you are well prepared for the carnage. (y)

No, you have it the wrong way round. We should never have joined the ill conceived project.

TBH it will all be academic in a few months time. There won't be an EU project.

Hope you are well prepared for the carnage. (y)

Let Italy and Austria leave. France to0 if it comes to it but I think they'll stay. Germany and the Benelux countries coupled with any of the other smaller members can make their choice stay or leave.

Poorly managed little countries who don't have the German vision or the principal ethic to do good work should just go.

Slap dash politically bent non-tax paying countries can be discarded. No discipline or will to stay the course.

I'm getting ready for early retirement to some other sunny climates. Was thinking Italy but no longer. (y)

Then you should remember the referendum was advisory and only voted yes by 37% of the electorate.

Got it!
17 million voting leaved out of 33.4 million people who voted. Might as well call it for what it is.

Referendum 72 percent turnout
2015 election 66 percent
2010 election 65 percent
2005 election 61 percent
2001 election 59 percent

The conservatives won 2015 with 36 percent. I don't recall waves of people moaning that it was only 36 percent of the votes, or only 11.3 million people out of over 60 million. Stacking 17 million against that all of a sudden changes perspective doesn't it.

For any UK-wide referendum to be held legislation has to be passed by the UK. Legislation being law makes the referendum binding. The fact that it is referred to not being legally binding is because parliament can reverse the legislation - not from it being advisory in a sense that they can just wakeup one morning and not move forward with it.

Parliament would have to vote against the democracy they work for to reverse it and that would be the end of their careers. Nobody will trust an mp that defies the will of the people.

It all goes back to the Magna Carta, one of man's greatest inventions, but by eck we've turned it into a complex beast.

So what happens when all the dominoes are aligned in this global interconnected world and One falls over.

Does it look like this ?

Let Italy and Austria leave. France to0 if it comes to it but I think they'll stay. Germany and the Benelux countries coupled with any of the other smaller members can make their choice stay or leave.

Poorly managed little countries who don't have the German vision or the principal ethic to do good work should just go.

Slap dash politically bent non-tax paying countries can be discarded. No discipline or will to stay the course.

I'm getting ready for early retirement to some other sunny climates. Was thinking Italy but no longer. (y)

Singapore

Great weather, food and people.

I hear they have a good quality of life over there.

Been on holiday 3 times in the last 10 years.
Even went to the Singapore Trading Expo
https://www.showfxasia.com/en/singapore.html
Great day out not sure the wife felt the same.:LOL:

Got a British Asian style about it, bit like Hong Kong.
But more modern, cleaner and safer.

Small but not that crowed or busy because most people don't own cars.

The killer is the property prices.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing/property-for-sale

Always amazes me that a place that makes or grows nothings is so wealthy.

Even got a budget airline on my door step now.
GC to SN $189 one way

http://www.flyscoot.com/en/travel-deals

Redwood's spot on!

With such high unemployment in the Euro area, John Redwood asks why the EU 27 would risk engaging in a trade war with the United Kingdom.
http://commentcentral.co.uk/the-eu-has-the-weak-negotiating-position/

"So many commentators and broadcasters, and most Opposition politicians, keep on and on about what are the UK’s negotiating aims. Often they misrepresent the UK’s position, both seeking to weaken it by false report and by pretending our aims are unclear or unstated. If they wanted to be helpful and do something useful they should turn their attention to the rest of the EU and their aims and positions.

The UK’s position is very easy to grasp for anyone who read the referendum ballot paper or has listened to the Prime Minister. The UK is going to leave the EU. There is no such thing as a single market we can remain in on leaving, and no-one on the Vote Leave campaign suggested there was. As the UK wishes outside the EU to negotiate trade agreements with non-EU countries we clearly will not be in the Customs union. The PM has ruled out EEA membership. This means there is not a lot to negotiate. We will not negotiate our independence with the rest of the EU – that is an absurd contradiction. We will offer them no new barriers to their trade with us, and I expect after a lot of huffing and puffing they will want to accept that offer. If they don’t we will trade with them as most favoured nation under WTO rules, and they will be the big losers on tariffs as a result.

So, what do they want? They haven’t yet even confirmed that all UK residents legally living in the rest of the EU can carry on doing so, though the UK has made clear we are happy for all EU legally resident people in the UK to stay if they wish assuming there are no forced evictions from the continent. Isn’t it time the rest of the EU moved to reassure all those citizens? Surely civilised countries who accept international law could bring themselves to reassure people living in their counties? Why are they so unpleasant to their residents?

Some of them have said they want the UK to continue with freedom of movement. The answer to that is clearly ‘no’. They cannot make us do that. Some have then said they wish to damage their trade with us, so they can damage our trade with them, as a punishment for daring to leave. What a ghastly club if it needs to punish members who want their freedom! The bad joke is of course on those who make these threats. It will be their trade that suffers more, as it is their trade which will attract more of the tariffs that can be placed on agriculture, wine, and cars whilst most of our trade will be tariff free or very low tariffs under WTO rules.

I don’t think in the end, with such high unemployment in the Euro area, they will want to hurt their trade. If they do, it will certainly confirm how wise we were to leave. Why would you want to stay in a club with other members who so want to harm you that they will harm themselves more to do so? Why would you wish to stay with former partners who say such disobliging things and cannot even tell their residents they are of course free to stay where they are living. Time for our journalists to ask some questions of the 27."

The problem is the only journalists that ask genuine questions don't work for the big ones who have made it clear they want to be part of the failed project

i hope it doesn't include criminals

I think it just shows Government has no control and no will to address issues of the people.

Don't listen to what they say. Look at how they act.

We need to introduce id cards. Would solve so many problems including NHS free riders.

And they wonder why there is growing disrespect for the law:rolleyes:

I think there should be a law against politicians who lie.

Vote once every 4 years pretty lame. Throw the lying toe rags inside or get them to serve community service, emptying council estate bins. :mad::mad::mad:

That is a interesting idea for a law. Maybe there could also be a law that if asked a direct question, they have to answer it. Too much BS in politics. We should be able to respect the people who run the country but sadly this is not the case