Brexit and the Consequences

Sadly, Corbyn is likely to be the winner out of Tories division and UKIP uprising. Either way as before I'll be tactically voting to boot the Tories out for fessing up the country. Corbyn can't be that much worse right?
(y)

Depends on whether you fancy a Marxist state or not.(n)

Depends on whether you fancy a Marxist state or not.(n)

You don't seem to get it. Once again illusion of choice or control imo. British mass public under 50/50 delusion of hopes with no real solutions.

Choice between Tories and Labour if you are serious about UK national interest is no choice at all for me.

For all the ultra nationalists on here talking about British interest patriotism and the rest it's just one big farce. They are not leaders. They are parties for vested interests. Divide country is what they will do. That is not leadership and will not deliver success by simple arithmetic of opposing forces.

Decades of pain, strife and grief awaits the UK thanks to UKIP and Eurosceptics ultimately causing Cameron to carry out harakiri.

No worries we can all live happily in hope (y)

You don't seem to get it. Once again illusion of choice or control imo. British mass public under 50/50 delusion of hopes with no real solutions.

Choice between Tories and Labour if you are serious about UK national interest is no choice at all for me.

For all the ultra nationalists on here talking about British interest patriotism and the rest it's just one big farce. They are not leaders. They are parties for vested interests. Divide country is what they will do. That is not leadership and will not deliver success by simple arithmetic of opposing forces.

Decades of pain, strife and grief awaits the UK thanks to UKIP and Eurosceptics ultimately causing Cameron to carry out harakiri.

No worries we can all live happily in hope (y)

Even if you are right, where is the support for the Libdems?

Even if you are right, where is the support for the Libdems?

Sadly I agree with you again. Until both parties truly mess up which they will, a time for a fresh outlook will come round again for the Libdems.

That fresh outlook flame is with Labour at the moment. I can relate to it in many respects and hear it on door steps and from many colleagues.

Tories stitched up the LibDems and subsequently could not repeat same unity as TM found out having to resort to DUP. What goes around comes around!

Whilst there is much hope, I have very little for any of our parties other than LibDems. In fact, what the LibDems have proposed all along is what the country is slowly moving towards albeit reluctantly.

We are left Parliament and our long standing institutions to guide country in correct path. Even here there is division even from the very ultra nationalists who seem to know what's right and quite happy to shoot, kill and shout treacherous abuse to have their sway. Much like Trump JRM turning on our excellent civil service tainting what he doesn't like as fake biased bought out analysis.

Sickens me, man of privilage talks as if he is self righteous and honourable when far from it. Once bestowed with power how do you think such a man would think or conduct him self???

Heavens forbid we are led by such a snot :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sensing much poison in that liberal tongue tonight matey, This is totally out of character...:LOL:

Let me drag you back to the main topic, Brexit...on a serious note and without stating negative predictions on a national scale, Then how will/has leaving the EU affected you on a personal level ? Im not talking about lack of cleaners at you local hospital, How do you predict you will be worse off ?

Staying in is affecting me due to the WTD, But i guess were stuck with that whatever..(n)

I'm sensing much poison in that liberal tongue tonight matey, This is totally out of character...:LOL:

Let me drag you back to the main topic, Brexit...on a serious note and without stating negative predictions on a national scale, Then how will/has leaving the EU affected you on a personal level ? Im not talking about lack of cleaners at you local hospital, How do you predict you will be worse off ?

Staying in is affecting me due to the WTD, But i guess were stuck with that whatever..(n)

This isn't about individuals it's about national interest. I'm able to arrange my affairs to suit my requirements either way. Honestly, no skin off my nose.

Simply that we are going from being cool Britannia 5th GDP spot to cold Britannia and dropping down on that league table.

I'm healthy now but as I get older I don't see NHS being much cop. If I can't go to other countries to retire like Italy, Spain or Portugal, I will in due course definitely be affected. That's my lot.

More importantly however, is British industry and financial services. Small pockets may benefit from low corporation tax haven status but large populations will lose out.

As per Civil Service analysis in particular the Northern parts of the country as what ever little industry there is - will ultimately move out to be nearer market and regional funding will cease from EU and not replenished from UK coffers as already experienced by Wales lacking commitment from Parliament.

This issue is far too complex for the layman or individual business. Sir Dysan and JRM hedge funds will gain but majority of the the country will lose out including the daft granny in Clacton-on-Sea who'll probably pass away with soiled dipers not changed since yesterday evening. Ugly picture indeed.

One of my old good friends suggested if Vietnam can trade in the world why can't UK??? Beggars belief how he justifies Brexit. Two industries R&D and exports as well as cost of labour and techniques coupled with proximity to markets about as wide and different as rings of Jupiter. To think JRM believes and utters same words is soooo wrong but layman laps up all that winnie the pooh stuff.

So you keep hoping lower prices, more NHS resources and cheaper houses.

Brexiters only see hype with much hope. As before Corbyn sold much hope with promise to remove tuition fees and look where he is today. What is that going to cost the treasury. Of course it can be achieved by printing more money and borrowing. What's Trump doing?

Fish to bait, guess what's waiting for them on the other side of that water... :whistling

Ok, NHS isn't much cop now and hasn't been for a while, i'll give you that one..The rest is merely speculation, The fact is you will find that your life, personally, has zero change after brexit, you just dont like it..

Ok, NHS isn't much cop now and hasn't been for a while, i'll give you that one..The rest is merely speculation, The fact is you will find that your life, personally, has zero change after brexit, you just dont like it..

Beg to differ... :(

What you suggest as being speculation is business analysis for me. Bread and butter work.

I'm not sure you know my situ to be able to suggest my life will experience zero change. I think we will all be affected in one way or another. We are already feeling the changes with currency fluctuations, inflationary pressures and rate rises.

UK was growing ahead of EU now we are behind.

UK growth related to global growth.

Brexiters have talked up investment decisions coming home to roost made in 2013 whilst totally hushing up investment decisions postponed.

Farm produce left to rot. Unfulfilled vacancies. R&D decisions and investments postponed. EMA and EBA moving.

Some speculation that is...

UK Gov wasting time effort and resource paying tax payers money on sorting out Brexit fiasco for some gain who knows what. Natural monopolies privatised raiding pension pots. Aging population. Impending pension & health crises.

Foreign skills choosing not to come to UK. Met a family the other day 4 of the 5 siblings married to Europeans. Believe me we will all be affected one way or another. 1.2 Brits in EU affected. Yeah I know they don't count and don't get the vote either.

Not about me. It's about UK national interest. You've already forgotten the 1.2 Brits in EU. Some political farts discussing their liberal freedoms over a table. That's some fluffed up Tory government for you. What did Boris say exactly???

Was it worth reporting it? Does bumbling words count as news? Total utter disgrace. Back stabbers falling over them selves to lead Brexit, much like the charge of the light brigade into canon fire. We can do this!!! Yes we can!!! :cry::cry::cry:

WTD has been responsible for declining wages across the board with many far reaching effects.

Overtime disappeared across the board resulting in all workers falling over themselves in the race to the bottom, chasing diminishing returns on their labour.

Then came reduction in the standard working week, used to be 40 hrs + OT. Now down to 30/36 hrs + 0 OT.

Then came job share, where one decent paying job got cut in two so that neither recipient contributed anything to govt coffers and more than likely had their money topped up by state benefits. 16 hr jobs.

Then we get bogus self employment where an individual works only for one company, but on the basis that they only work if there is work to be done. Into the bargain, they lose all rights to holiday pay and sickness benefits.

Then we get 0 hrs contracts, where all of the workforce is held back because there is an infinite pool of unskilled/ semi skilled labour to call upon and to ensure that anyone in regular paid work does not benefit from OT or a pay rise etc.

Then we have barriers to entry, where large corp are the only ones that can ever meet the threshold, either because of the cost of entry, membership of a certain body, meet some bogus criteria, or because the corps are the ones writing the rules.

Then we have "training certification", yet another layer of barrier to entry and another direct cost to the workforce. If you don't have the correct cert, then you ain't working until you get it.

Then we have the University degree educated farce, whereby the school leavers are told they will need a higher qualification in order that they can stack shelves at Tesco. :LOL:

All of this has come about as a direct result of EU membership, aided and abetted by govt collusion in allowing the crony corps to set the agenda.

The people walked straight into the various traps and unbelievably, some of them still don't get it :LOL:

WTD has been responsible for declining wages across the board with many far reaching effects. Nonsense! EU protects labour benefits and wages. You've really lost the plot. This is to do with health and safety. 48 hours work a week is sufficient for most people. That's 6 days a week at 8 hours. It's also to encourage work life balance. Obviously you need to get a new life. ;)

Overtime disappeared across the board resulting in all workers falling over themselves in the race to the bottom, chasing diminishing returns on their labour. You are talking increase in population size all over the world and AI technologies and revaluation of skills. Have you checked to see what Java developers get?

Then came reduction in the standard working week, used to be 40 hrs + OT. Now down to 30/36 hrs + 0 OT. This is a global trend with improved AI, mechanisation and introduction of robotics. Fuzzy logic and all that. Nothing to do with EU. WTD sets upper limit. You are very much confused about what's UK policy and what's coming down from EU!

Then came job share, where one decent paying job got cut in two so that neither recipient contributed anything to govt coffers and more than likely had their money topped up by state benefits. 16 hr jobs. Nothing to do with EU!

Then we get bogus self employment where an individual works only for one company, but on the basis that they only work if there is work to be done. Into the bargain, they lose all rights to holiday pay and sickness benefits. Nothing to do with EU!

Then we get 0 hrs contracts, where all of the workforce is held back because there is an infinite pool of unskilled/ semi skilled labour to call upon and to ensure that anyone in regular paid work does not benefit from OT or a pay rise etc. Most EU countries outlaw zero hour contracts. FGS you are a bit like a rabbit in headlights. No idea where you are or what you are blabbering on about. I'd say you are more like a rabbit chasing tail lights so you can crash into one. Unbelievably so.

Then we have barriers to entry, where large corp are the only ones that can ever meet the threshold, either because of the cost of entry, membership of a certain body, meet some bogus criteria, or because the corps are the ones writing the rules.That's UK for you. Privatising monopolies. ie BT and OpenReach point in example. When are you going to wake up?

Then we have "training certification", yet another layer of barrier to entry and another direct cost to the workforce. If you don't have the correct cert, then you ain't working until you get it.This is alternative training to rip-off university training. It is also to do with good standards. Works in Germany. UK full of cowboys.

Then we have the University degree educated farce, whereby the school leavers are told they will need a higher qualification in order that they can stack shelves at Tesco. Agree with you here. Uni degree rip-off. I'm recommending to put my kids through Cert programs on what ever area they choose to work in. Nothing to do with EU though. On the contrary you sound like a closet EU fan :)

All of this has come about as a direct result of EU membership, aided and abetted by govt collusion in allowing the crony corps to set the agenda. Absolute total rubbish. 8@11@(C)ks. Really is. That's the 4th time I've sworn this year.

The people walked straight into the various traps and unbelievably, some of them still don't get it :LOL:

! You need to get your alternative facts straight ! :love::love::love:

Last edited:
Woah calm down dude :LOL: Get the old blood pressure checked (y)

I'm fine CV no worries honestly...

I'm just curious what you base your rant on as you are seriously soooo wrong with respect to what is EU policy and what is UK.

Based on your well laid out argument which I love and points well made - you should be a remainer which will fulfill your labour law criteria better than Brexit.

So I'm just confused about your gripes and rant, making a case for EU not Brexit. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You need a sanity check-up (y)

Last edited:
Lots of useful information on this site: https://briefingsforbrexit.com

Remainers – avert your eyes!

Treasury good at forecasting the impact? – Take a look here: https://briefingsforbrexit.com/economic-impact-of-brexit/

Super Mini, I hope you realise this so called professors argument is all so very wrong. His playing silly sticks with statistics and averages.

He doesn't say what the alternative gravity equation is other than 60 largest UK export partners including 27 EU members. It is 28 with UK in. So his attention to detail is lacking. If his calculating 28 his double counting the UK being 5 largest GDP that's a big flaw.

If 60 countries accounts for 100% of UK exports and that includes the 27 other EU countries that means UK has 33 other large countries to trade with. There are over 160 countries in the world but do you really want to trade in pennies.

He then goes on to say trade falls from 115% to 90%.

Declining importance of EU trade is also falling because UK is unable to compete. EU trade is growing. Even here there is 23% drop.

These may be smaller than treasuries forecasts but in terms of lost billions they are pretty bad.

Seriously, there is not enough detail in this report to be able to determine how he has arrived at these sets of numbers which still look abysmal imo.

Facts all wrong about EU. What is a different relationship? ie more services and less products for example. Once again EU is growing, fact that UK trade with EU is declining amounts to loss of productivity adn competitiveness of UK.

I think this is called falling on ones sword. If these are the best brains of Britain we are in deep water.