Brewski's Most Successful Trading Month Ever!

I guess it just goes to show that it isn't the system it's the person using it and why so many people are incapable of trading. I know what the problem is so I might spend a bit of time working out a viable way of dealing with it. All part of the journey.

I like how some dorks create ridiculous "double your money in a month" threads and get thousands of posts but I create a proper honest thread about my trading and get the odd few. Maybe I should post up some mickey mouse charts coloured in with crayons and hindsight trades/calls I haven't even taken myself to show how great I am. I take it as a compliment though(y)

Many thanks Pete, you're a legend as always.

I like how some dorks create ridiculous "double your money in a month" threads and get thousands of posts but I create a proper honest thread about my trading and get the odd few. Maybe I should post up some mickey mouse charts coloured in with crayons and hindsight trades/calls I haven't even taken myself to show how great I am. I take it as a compliment though(y)

Yeah, that seems to be the way to go if you want some attention. Sad, isn't it?

Many thanks Pete, you're a legend as always.

I'm a legend in my own mind. Shhhh, don't let my secret out :LOL:

Peter

Another update already! Won't be trading today so my results for September are:

2 wins, 1 loss and 1 breakeven. Finally got a decent win at higher stakes, spreadsheet now shows a profit of £118.74 - what will I do with all that money!

I managed to stick to my rules a little better and left the trailing stop a decent distance away. Gave a few points back on the breakeven trade which was annoying but I didn't move the stop too early and I didn't lose any money so all good.

Is 23 trades over 6 months showing 8 wins, 8 losses, 7 break evens, a profit of £118.74 and a points gain of +342 significant enough to assume I’ve reached at least the breakeven stage or maybe even some kind of consistency? Is +342 points over 6 months (average of 57 a month) a good return?

I need to work on cutting the losing trades a little better. I don't think my entries are the main problem, 4 trades over a month is only 1 a week so I have the patience to wait for good ones. I might go back through trades and see whether just closing a loser after 2 or 3 bars improves results.

May I ask what your rules are for entering a trade, S/L positioning and target are

I am not on the computer until Monday afternoon now but I might post a chart of my last trade then, only because it went so well though! I realise this is a pointless topic without charts etc.

Don't expect anything amazing though, I've been following your thread you've made some awesome calls and I can't compete with that.

I am not on the computer until Monday afternoon now but I might post a chart of my last trade then, only because it went so well though! I realise this is a pointless topic without charts etc.

Don't expect anything amazing though, I've been following your thread you've made some awesome calls and I can't compete with that.

charts or just prices and rules or reasons for entering would be fine, I have a completely open mind and would enjoy looking at this, Im not even sure I could come up with any suggestions at the moment.

hi all,

my name is simon, a new trader to join on today, is anyone can show me how to start trading in the beginning? thank you.

charts or just prices and rules or reasons for entering would be fine, I have a completely open mind and would enjoy looking at this, Im not even sure I could come up with any suggestions at the moment.

Well the trade I took was thursday night on the Dow or WS30 as I'm a spread betting noob. I bought at 11040 at 9.30pm time on SLM/GKFX or whatever they're called now, trailed it to 11142. It was basically PA around the 11000 level, the usual pin bar rubbish that every noob finds at some point and managed to catch the big rise before the close, I could post some charts later if you want but I know you were long YM at the same time and it's not anything that's going to interest someone who knows what they're doing :LOL:

The trade before that was also a long on the Dow, 26/9/11 at 17.02 SLM time. My mistake on that trade was with the trailing, I gave it maybe too much space and gave back 70ish points before getting out for breakeven. Very similar set up to the other trade and I really should have taken some points out of it but I didn't lose money so that's the main thing. I am not on computer to post charts at the moment, I took that from account history on iPhone app.

The trade before that was a beautiful stitch up on the NASDAQ though, 1 point break to trigger then immediate reversal to stop! It happens.

Gutted! Talked myself out of going long WS30 from ~10550 as I didn't think it was good enough, I've been sat here dreaming of what could have been(n)

Gutted! Talked myself out of going long WS30 from ~10550 as I didn't think it was good enough, I've been sat here dreaming of what could have been(n)

Unlucky pal,
I happened to be watching it from around 20:15 UK time. Just as the price started moving through the Ma's and they all started turning upwards. As a noob also Ive been on a bad run recently and am really finding it difficult to grasp all of this.

Fear played a big part in me not taking that trade.

Dan

If fear is taking over then either take some time off or drop your position size to somewhere you feel comfortable. You will never make money trading scared.

I have been the opposite the last couple days, I had a decent win and now I am itching to get another one. Seeing that WS30 take off like that was annoying but I stuck to my plan of only taking really good setups and didn't take a trade by the way I felt.

If I get a decent setup I'll get in, would have been nice to have banked 200+ points already though!

You back into the positive yet dc?

not on the double money thread, I was $16k down today at one point whats quite funny is last week I made $15k on that account not a murmer, this week Im down 10k and everyone has an opinion "Im trading like a newbie" which is kind of the point of the thread anyway I digress.

waiting for setups to come is a rare asset, you missed 200 today but you could get 400 tomorrow or next week.

Yeah that's the exact reason I don't like to post my trades before or as I'm in them, I'll just get loads of abuse:LOL:

Your account must be looking a bit better now?

Yeah that's the exact reason I don't like to post my trades before or as I'm in them, I'll just get loads of abuse:LOL:

Your account must be looking a bit better now?

even better if we get the 4.6% day Im after

Well I'm a bit disappointed. Had a nice short on WS30 running from 11560 last night, reached 180 points profit at one point now my trailing stop has been hit. Made 110 points profit but I was hoping for so much more!

I waited 8 days for that trade!