Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Just a question: You are gambling, no doubt, hard to separate gambling and trading sometimes, however you have got strategy by splitting the stakes, so what's with the gambling strategy? :D

I got home from work today, saw I was 70 odd points up on Oil so I added to it and adjusted stop as necessary. Sometimes I'll have a look on my break at work and if it's in profit I'll add to it and adjust stop as necessary. I only managed to have a look twice this morning and it was losing both times so I just left it. All entirely random really.

I got home from work today, saw I was 70 odd points up on Oil so I added to it and adjusted stop as necessary. Sometimes I'll have a look on my break at work and if it's in profit I'll add to it and adjust stop as necessary. I only managed to have a look twice this morning and it was losing both times so I just left it. All entirely random really.

(y):LOL: Is it the boring job strategy? :LOL:

(y):LOL: Is it the boring job strategy? :LOL:

I just hope nobody else tries it and loses a fortune... the win rate is absolutely terrible and you need a certain mentality to be able to deal with repeatedly giving back massive (relative to account size) profits, which most people don't have

Added to Brent again, nice movement up there makes me £8 a point now. Stops are guaranteed so no worries holding over the weekend

Screenshot to show current Brent trade, £8pp but I'll be adding more if I get the chance. It was showing me just under 1k profit before selling off for the last couple hours. I may adjust the stop before it opens but either way I'm praying for a nice gap up on the open (y)

I can't believe I haven't lost this money yet, I'm buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like an absolute mug

Attachments

• Oil 8pp.jpg
    Oil 8pp.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 105
Screenshot to show current Brent trade, £8pp but I'll be adding more if I get the chance. It was showing me just under 1k profit before selling off for the last couple hours. I may adjust the stop before it opens but either way I'm praying for a nice gap up on the open (y)

I can't believe I haven't lost this money yet, I'm buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like an absolute mug

This is what happens when ya go booking 20% acct profits from previous trades...gives ya more gambling money to play with :LOL:

Brent obviously got stopped out, leaves my account at 1k again. I can’t be bothered to mess around anymore so I’ve gone all in buying Dow as that’s got to be the easiest chance of winning right? I’m £10 a point hoping to double up at least once you only live once, I’ll surely lose but it’ll be a great laugh

Brent obviously got stopped out, leaves my account at 1k again. I can’t be bothered to mess around anymore so I’ve gone all in buying Dow as that’s got to be the easiest chance of winning right? I’m £10 a point hoping to double up at least once you only live once, I’ll surely lose but it’ll be a great laugh

What price?

All those 20%'s add up you know.:LOL:

First and last rule of trading.....protect the pot...no pot = no trading.

And yes, I do understand the purpose of the thread. (y)

What price?

All those 20%'s add up you know.:LOL:

First and last rule of trading.....protect the pot...no pot = no trading.

And yes, I do understand the purpose of the thread. (y)

Man am I glad I moved my stop in Oil!

Yeah you're right and if I was trading properly I wouldn't be giving it all back like I have been. I'm in Dow Sep 18 at 25008 which is around 25026 cash. I have the whole 1k at risk so let's see what happens - I'll post a screenshot when I can to show it. To be honest, the Dow swings are wide at the moment so either I'll lose straight away or I'll get a decent profit then lose after that :LOL:

Man am I glad I moved my stop in Oil!

Yeah you're right and if I was trading properly I wouldn't be giving it all back like I have been. I'm in Dow Sep 18 at 25008 which is around 25026 cash. I have the whole 1k at risk so let's see what happens - I'll post a screenshot when I can to show it. To be honest, the Dow swings are wide at the moment so either I'll lose straight away or I'll get a decent profit then lose after that :LOL:

No, No, no!

You will make a decent profit, followed by leveraging that profit to ever larger sums until you break the Dow.

Go, Brewski, go! :clap:

Bit of a lucky/unlucky day today. Saw a profit of £700+ this morning so decided to get my grand off the table and move stop to break even which obviously got hit. Then I thought I’d have another stab at buying oil but accidentally closed it for a £70 loss on my phone by tapping the screen to stop it auto locking!

Now I’m back in on the Dow at £10 a point at a slightly better price. Screenshot later to prove all trades.

I’m still building a position just using more initial risk, I’ll be adding more if I get the chance. This one will be £50pp at least (y)

Yeah but when the initial risk only allows for a pretty tight stop, then there's nowhere to go. Either the trade works or it doesn't and given the Dow's daily range...pretty good chance it won't work.

And I so don't want to be negative. :|

Yeah but when the initial risk only allows for a pretty tight stop, then there's nowhere to go. Either the trade works or it doesn't and given the Dow's daily range...pretty good chance it won't work.

And I so don't want to be negative. :|

You're not being negative mate just realistic, I have stated a few times before that the swings on Dow are wide at the moment.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Dow.jpg
    Dow.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 127
Nice move up there, I've moved my stop up to breakeven. I'll be doubling up soon if it keeps going.