Breakout Trading using Time and Sales

What options does one need? The first 2? What about the 'totalview'?

quote options.png

What options does one need? The first 2? What about the 'totalview'?

View attachment 129998

I don`t think TotalView is necessary, but not 100% sure. Perhaps Mr. Charts (if you are reading this) can help answer...

Definitely get the first two, and you certainly don`t need the last one.

Have a good long weekend !

I don`t think TotalView is necessary, but not 100% sure. Perhaps Mr. Charts (if you are reading this) can help answer...

Definitely get the first two, and you certainly don`t need the last one.

Have a good long weekend !

Have a nice weekend too!

For those trading U.S. stocks today, I'm going to be keeping an eye on the following stocks as the market opens: AIG, CROX, OVTI, MRVL, ANR, KDN, WCRX, IPG, and DECK.

DECK is likely going to be too volatile so probably not going to trade it.

Nothing yet...my level 2 screen is acting strange today...showing non-existent bids and offers at the top

scratch trade on ERF breakdown...it reversed quickly so covered my short for a breakeven trade

scratch trade on ERF breakdown...it reversed quickly so covered my short for a breakeven trade

Hi Amit

I took ERF with you (thanks) but I couldn't get out for better than a loss of 4c. You did good for BE.

cheers
steve

Hi Amit

I took ERF with you (thanks) but I couldn't get out for better than a loss of 4c. You did good for BE.

cheers
steve

Steve,

It was a fake breakout and you did well for a small loss...it reversed a lot very quickly...been a slow morning

For those trading U.S. stocks today, I'm going to be keeping an eye on the following stocks as the market opens: AIG, CROX, OVTI, MRVL, ANR, KDN, WCRX, IPG, and DECK.

DECK is likely going to be too volatile so probably not going to trade it.

Thanks Amit, in absence of Mr Charts today, that was helpful. Managed to scalp 20c on AIG early on and 12c on OVTI.

Steve,

It was a fake breakout and you did well for a small loss...it reversed a lot very quickly...been a slow morning

Thanks Amit - I use charttrader on IB with auto stop - it works OK.

Do you like look of CHK or do you look for a bigger move from open?

Cheers
Steve

I haven't been in a position where I haven't put on a trade in the first half hour in a very long time...just goes to show you how choppy the markets are