Bollinger Bands: Calculation flawed ?

3) BB's together with S/R, Channel Analysis, Fibs, Pivots, Candle Analysis, Momentum Analysis etc is a valid way of using BB's.

I would restate that to the following:

BB's together with S/R, Channel Analysis, Fibs, Pivots, Candle Analysis, Momentum Analysis etc is a valid way of filling your chart with lines.

I personally feel that all you need to trade profitably is nothing but price, but I must admit that I have seen some people trade of whom I know that they're net profitable and yet who have their charts cluttered up with stuff to a degree that gives me an absolute headache and where I don't see or comprehend anything at all anymore.

I suspect they are doing the same stuff like other profitable traders with pure price charts at the end of the day, but they just like some extra confirmation, or maybe they even just got used to having some extras on their screen and just feel more comfortable that way.

I would restate that to the following:

BB's together with S/R, Channel Analysis, Fibs, Pivots, Candle Analysis, Momentum Analysis etc is a valid way of filling your chart with lines.

Ha ha
Who says that you need to put all on one chart? :LOL:
A chart template helps you split the lines out so you don't end up with a headache!

I wouldnt get too hung up on the application of rigorous statistical techniques. After all I believe a statistician once drowned in a lake averaging only 2 inches in depth

Mike, that so cheeky of you:cheesy:. Hmm . . . would this lake by any chance have a deep depression in it that only covered 10% of it's area? I could offer a long discourse on statistics and how in everyday life the majority of the population infer totally wrong conclusions from them, but I'm far to busy studying elementary Markov Chains at the moment.