Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

CADCHF breakout trade.

Check out one of the trades I took this week based on Bob volman's breakout trading strategy. Note that I do not use Bob Volman's 10pip SL to 20pip TP rule.
Trade was taken on the CADCHF pair yesterday 2nd June 2017. What I have observed is that patience is the key if one is to successfully trade using this strategy.

First image was immediately after trade was taken while 2nd image was taken as prices approached my TP, which was reached eventually

2 CADCHF.M15.png

2 CADCHF.M15 TP.png

GBP/USD and EUR/JPY Trade on 5th June 2017

GBP/USD entry and exit chart

5 GBPUSD.M15.png

5 GBPUSD.M15 TP.png

EUR/JPY entry and exit chart

5 EURJPY.M15.png

5 EURJPY.M15 TP.png

5 EURJPY.H1 TP.png

Great charts Hencruz. I've been studying Volman's method for a few months. Nice to see it applied to current charts. Please continue!

Thanks

Hello Traders,
I purchased the book FPAS also download the weekly charts from the Bob Volman's drop box and when I set up my chats to 70 ticks it doesn't look same. I have attached the PDF file of the same, Please can anybody help me that what am I doing wrong.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    343.9 KB · Views: 326
I've read through this entire thread and I signed up specifically to comment. I have read both of Bob's books and then studied them after, I have studied his charts using data from 2 years of his trading, I analyzed this data in multiple ways.

I took every example of each style of trade and put it into a single folder and then analyzed what conditions were inadvertently met for each set up. I have over 800 examples in total that I did this for.

While I was doing this I practiced the method with a LIVE account using a small lot size with a tick chart converter for MT4 then switched to proreal time when I begun to be profitable in MT4. The total time has been about 3 months.

Do you want to know what I learned?

I learned that this method is probably the best thing that has ever happened to my professional life. If you do everything I outlined above with sincerity and determination then you can achieve the same. Achieve what, you ask? A 85%+ success rate method, that provides at LEAST 1 high quality trade EVERY SINGLE DAY following only one single pair. At worse you'll be taking 30p home a week.

That is literally a money tree. Thank you SO much Bob for taking the time to give the charts out.

Hello Traders,
I purchased the book FPAS also download the weekly charts from the Bob Volman's drop box and when I set up my chats to 70 ticks it doesn't look same. I have attached the PDF file of the same, Please can anybody help me that what am I doing wrong.

You say you purchased the book, but have you actually read it?

On page 9 your question is answered!

IRB's at London Open

First, I want to express my appreciation to Bob for his book and his tireless efforts to complement his book with realtime chart examples for over 5 years in this thread. i have read the book and luckily, I paid for a scalping mentoring course with similar trading outlook.

Second, I think Bob has done a commendable job with the barebones chart at prorealtime. I have check them out and I have no objection to them. I just found that I can get much more out from using Ninjatrader from www.ninjatrader.com with fxcm datafeed. The single advantage is that I can record the whole trading session and replay it to backtest my system. Plus I have a number of proprietary ninja indicators that I have used for ages.

Third I wanted to show charts from Friday, and to dismissed one naysayer here who claimed Bob's work was hindsight stuff, I prefer to post realtime charts to show proof.

Fourth, I wanted to show EURUSD 70 tic chart but fxcm datafeed is not working. I will post it as soon as its up and working.

Fifth, I am posting this to invite like minded friends who can use this thread and see if we can post realtime charts to take advantage of the 85% in rate of Bob Volman's method.

Six, I have put in stuff like pivots and I will use a 700 tick charts for trend direction. Its always better to trade in the direction of the 700 tick charts.

The IRBs are just an example. We can do much more spotting all the setups of Bob in realtime. My aim is to for 5 pip targets with a 5 pip stop.

Attachments

• 6E 09-17 (70 Tick)  7_28_2017.jpg
    6E 09-17 (70 Tick) 7_28_2017.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,401
I've read through this entire thread and I signed up specifically to comment. I have read both of Bob's books and then studied them after, I have studied his charts using data from 2 years of his trading, I analyzed this data in multiple ways.

I took every example of each style of trade and put it into a single folder and then analyzed what conditions were inadvertently met for each set up. I have over 800 examples in total that I did this for.

While I was doing this I practiced the method with a LIVE account using a small lot size with a tick chart converter for MT4 then switched to proreal time when I begun to be profitable in MT4. The total time has been about 3 months.

Do you want to know what I learned?

I learned that this method is probably the best thing that has ever happened to my professional life. If you do everything I outlined above with sincerity and determination then you can achieve the same. Achieve what, you ask? A 85%+ success rate method, that provides at LEAST 1 high quality trade EVERY SINGLE DAY following only one single pair. At worse you'll be taking 30p home a week.

That is literally a money tree. Thank you SO much Bob for taking the time to give the charts out.

Just a caution. Scalping is inherent a fast moving thing and I find mt4 a bit slow for scalping. It is doable I think entirely with a faster platform and datafeed that is also with narrow spreads on EURUSD. We can multiply the hard work that various individuals like you have done and pool together to see how we collectively see Bob Volman's setups in realtime.

Just a caution. Scalping is inherent a fast moving thing and I find mt4 a bit slow for scalping. It is doable I think entirely with a faster platform and datafeed that is also with narrow spreads on EURUSD. We can multiply the hard work that various individuals like you have done and pool together to see how we collectively see Bob Volman's setups in realtime.

Hey, I forgot to specify, I noted this too. I use prorealtime to plot the set ups and I enter them using MT4 when they break out of prorealtime.

The different between using an MT4 tick converter and using prorealtime is like night and day. I actually got profitable on MT4 first which is like trading with one eye open and blurred vision in contrast to something akin to looking clearly through spotless water to grains of sand under the sea.

Prorealtime shows you almost twice as much candles and the touches of the candles are specific. The charts seem to be an open book for me over night, which is something I dreamed of.

My next stage is that I'm cutting off all the chart after entry on 2 years of his trades (there is on average 30-40 trades a week). That means every example I follow it cuts off right at the point of entry - so when you see a legit set up on your chart it will be a similar situation i.e you don't know what happens after entry all you know is that the trade is valid.

How many thousands of charts like this all with valid entries do YOU think you'd need to look after before you begun to instinctively sense traits of valid trades, let alone the things you actively note and consider?

The final stage is I will go through 2 years of his every day charts and pick out every time he didn't take the trade and build a folder of "unfavourable conditions" and absolute rules of NOT taking valid set ups.

At that point I am 100% confident that this method will be a complete walk in the park every time I sit down to trade. I just hope I finish all of this before I start raising the lots too high to care to finish.

My target lot size will be 10-20 lots per trade and a minimum of 3 successful trades a week.

I hope you can try and get a ninjatrader account with fxcm data feed and we create forum with like minded forex traders at London open. we can just try and catch a couple of Volman setups in in the first two hours every day or at New York open. Bob was using pro realtime for hindsight trades. if you want to put bread on the table, you leave hindsight,armchair analysis and go for the real thing.

but you need to have the proper tools. ninja has such tools and fxcm forex datafeed is a solid, reliable datafeed. the thing with ninja is that u can get enough builtin indies to help you get started.

I think we should proceed from the understanding that we need Volman setups and test them out in realtime. my best entry and targets will be simply 5 pips stops and 5 pips targets.

You are doing a lot of wishful thinking and daydreaming without the proper tools. mt4 is not a scalper's paradise and u get burnt with wide spread. I am willing to work with a group within ninjatrader framework. not mt4.

plus i need no money from anyone. you just need to be competent on volman setups, use ninjatrader and be ready work in a team environment at london open for two hours.

You are doing a lot of wishful thinking and daydreaming without the proper tools. mt4 is not a scalper's paradise and u get burnt with wide spread. I am willing to work with a group within ninjatrader framework. not mt4.

I already am using this method with a live account for the past 2 months and since using prorealtime have not lost on a single trade. My only mistake I consistently make is being too conservative and not taking trades that go on to work, or missing the entry because I was distracted.

I came in here to tell people it works and how to learn it the same way I did. Motivated mostly by that dawgee person who is very rude.

Are you trading this method live?

Last edited:
Yet another range break after London open.

Attachments

• $EURUSD (70 Tick)  7_31_2017.png
    $EURUSD (70 Tick) 7_31_2017.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,242
Two trades today, one at 7.14am and another at 10.29am both GMT. First one hit target after a couple minutes and the second moved 9p before reversing.

Neither were THAT clear or high quality, first one I missed due to my own hesitation and the second one I entered and then closed at BE (then it moved).

My problem is I'm only shooting for 3 winners a WEEK, but because I follow all day every day and my skills are becoming very honed, I see medium quality trades a few times a day. I come close to taking them, then change my mind, almost every time they work as well. So I am in an awkward position where I want to take trades because I see they are valid, but I don't want to take them because they aren't part of those 3 near guaranteed winners per week.

The reason I don't like taking the medium quality trades is because sometimes when the market is moving more slowly you can get TRICKED into these medium quality trades - then you lose your confidence to take the high quality trades.

A lot of psychology boundaries to overcome even once you can use the method...I wish Bob Volman could pass a comment on this part of the learning process I am in?

Last edited: