Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Well reasoned and logical(y)

It is certainly a psychological trap, maybe bob is not a trader but just a good writer.

I do not think a non-trader could write that well about trading. BV goes into more detail and talks about more subtleties pertaining to the markets than any trading book I've read.

I do not think a non-trader could write that well about trading. BV goes into more detail and talks about more subtleties pertaining to the markets than any trading book I've read.

True, a good writer for sure. A good trader? I am not sure.

And this idea of promoting constantly that particular charting software smells a bit to me.......

Last edited:

The detail is always very subjective and even contradictory at times. This level of understanding could have been attained by somebody that has learned a little, but is not profitable overall, or even actively trading a live account. When bob provides his weekly hindsight analysis, why is he unable to consistently use the 'recent executed orders' indicator? (it is offered on the prorealtime charts, it would show the price at which the trade was actually entered).

The detail is always very subjective and even contradictory at times. This level of understanding could have been attained by somebody that has learned a little, but is not profitable overall, or even actively trading a live account. When bob provides his weekly hindsight analysis, why is he unable to consistently use the 'recent executed orders' indicator? (it is offered on the prorealtime charts, it would show the price at which the trade was actually entered).

As you can see from his charts, he dont use PRT as a trading platform. There is a text: Data is real time. When you use PRT as a trading platform, the text is: Data is indicative.

Generally speaking, the more unsure one is of himself, the more likely he is to suggest that others aren't "real traders", or that they don't trade at all. The more unsure of himself he is, the more insistent he is likely to be.

I'm not a Volman fan. But whether or not he is a successful trader is beside the point. If any of you have gained anything at all from what he presents, then it's really nobody else's business. If you've made money from this, you won't have to give it back if somebody "proves" that Volman is not a "real trader". And if you've lost money, it's up to you to find something else and stop behaving as though you've been cuckolded.

Trust, but verify. And good luck.

As you can see from his charts, he dont use PRT as a trading platform. There is a text: Data is real time. When you use PRT as a trading platform, the text is: Data is indicative.

That is correct. So by this logic bob just analyses, but does not trade. He does however, recommend PRT (and trading with it) in both of his books.:sneaky:

Generally speaking, the more unsure one is of himself, the more likely he is to suggest that others aren't "real traders", or that they don't trade at all. The more unsure of himself he is, the more insistent he is likely to be.

I'm not a Volman fan. But whether or not he is a successful trader is beside the point. If any of you have gained anything at all from what he presents, then it's really nobody else's business. If you've made money from this, you won't have to give it back if somebody "proves" that Volman is not a "real trader". And if you've lost money, it's up to you to find something else and stop behaving as though you've been cuckolded.

Trust, but verify. And good luck.

"Generally speaking, the more unsure one is of himself, the more likely he is to suggest that others aren't "real traders", or that they don't trade at all. The more unsure of himself he is, the more insistent he is likely to be."
- what do you base this comment on?

Why is it taboo to request to see if bob is what he claims to be?

"Generally speaking, the more unsure one is of himself, the more likely he is to suggest that others aren't "real traders", or that they don't trade at all. The more unsure of himself he is, the more insistent he is likely to be."
- what do you base this comment on?

Experience.

Why is it taboo to request to see if bob is what he claims to be?

I wouldn't say it's "taboo". But if you find something of value in his work, what difference does it make? And if you don't, why not just move on?

There is a lot of pain in trading and where there is pain there are a many scumbags, clowns, vendors, vendors because they did not grasp it themselves. "if you cannot grasp it, teach it"

I do not know if BV is a real trader or not, to me his theory does not make sense when applied to trading in terms of time frame, MM and technicality and I have study his work carefully in the past.

There is also a good chance his style works for himself, if he has found his way good for him.

As I mentioned before I consider his book a gem when it comes down to the well describe tugs of war going on at every corner on the chart.

Said that, this is a public forum and knowing there are many trying to make advantage of others pain it is my right and wish in trying to keep others eyes open.

Last edited:
Experience.

I wouldn't say it's "taboo". But if you find something of value in his work, what difference does it make? And if you don't, why not just move on?

"Experience."- By your admission this is not a factually based comment. Your personal opinion is not enough to make such judgements against me, or anyone else on this forum. Why do you feel it necessary to be bob's defender?

Why do you wish to see aspiring traders be misguided?

Is there not enough of a challenge in learning to trade, without also having to sift through the charlatans and product vendors?

Last edited:
I'm not defending "Bob". I'm merely pointing out that no one is entitled to accuse him of not being a "real trader" simply because that individual finds no value in what he teaches, particularly if that individual can provide no evidence that he himself trades.

"Aspiring traders" are not helpless children. They can't be misguided without their permission and participation. Sifting through charlatans and product vendors isn't necessary. All one has to do is study the market.

I'm not defending "Bob". I'm merely pointing out that no one is entitled to accuse him of not being a "real trader" simply because that individual finds no value in what he teaches, particularly if that individual can provide no evidence that he himself trades.

"Aspiring traders" are not helpless children. They can't be misguided without their permission and participation. Sifting through charlatans and product vendors isn't necessary. All one has to do is study the market.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/153716-bob-volman-price-action-scalping-436.html#post2686706
This would appear to be evidence that I myself trade. The last user on this forum to display an actual trade. Utilising the 'recent executed orders'. Even contains an explanation.

Do you trade this method?
Are you able to display your actual trades, whilst utilising this method?
If not, then why are you defending this author and this method?

Why would it be that there is not one single person since me that has the ability to share a single trade?

Why would you want to make it more difficult for people?

I notice that you are a product vendor. Obviously, you would not want be scrutinized either.

Now here we are getting to the core of the matter.

Any other trader does not need to show any proofs if he does or does not trade unless he wishes to.
But for a vendor or a charlatan is a must .

A forum is a place for a charlatan to fish abundantly.
Charlatans are very able with words, they always have another one up their sleeves but without any proofs they remain only charlatans or vendors for someone with a bit of common sense.
There is simple reason for all this, they do not have any evidence because if they did they would not be vendors or charlatans.

Listening to them they always hold absolute truths but they are reluctant in providing any proofs, when you ask for some substantial explanation they became very slippery in their ambiguity "you just need to study the market" sort of...or "years of coalface" kind of...

We had another charlatan on this forum a way back, it took us a long time to get rid of him. In the mean time many decent member left in disgusted and the quality of the forum took a low.
I did see many enthusiastic believers following him bleeding slowly to death until they liberated themselves from the pain in a liberating moment of clarity. To some it took months and every day.
They could not grasp it because there was nothing to grasp. It was completely BS. But they believed or wanted to believe.

Seems to me history is repeating itself here at t2w, another phase another charlatan.

This forum once more had became a fertile ground for another charlatan, the people I knew from before barely make a post nowadays and when they do they are promptly dismissed with another elaborated notion of absolute BS truth but without any evidence to sustain that BS, the only evidence provided is that holding absolute truths confirms pure charlatanism.

Are you a vendor? if yes before I spend 10 cents I want to see proofs you are trading and you are successful at it, other wise keep it for yourself you elaborated notions articulated BS words.

Last edited:
Do you trade this method?
Are you able to display your actual trades, whilst utilising this method?
If not, then why are you defending this author and this method?

You appear to be misunderstanding my point on purpose given that I've repeated it several times. I'm defending neither the author nor his method. What I'm suggesting is that those who cannot demonstrate their own viability are in no position to claim that someone else "can't trade" or isn't a "real trader". Maybe Volman is a charlatan, but, if he is, his "victims" are willing, so they are hardly in a position to claim victimhood. He seems to have provided his trading plan, so all anyone who is interested has to do is evaluate the plan for a couple of weeks via replay and determine for himself whether it is suitable for him or not. If it isn't, then he can move on without having spent a dime.

You appear to be misunderstanding my point on purpose given that I've repeated it several times. I'm defending neither the author nor his method. What I'm suggesting is that those who cannot demonstrate their own viability are in no position to claim that someone else "can't trade" or isn't a "real trader". Maybe Volman is a charlatan, but, if he is, his "victims" are willing, so they are hardly in a position to claim victimhood. He seems to have provided his trading plan, so all anyone who is interested has to do is evaluate the plan for a couple of weeks via replay and determine for himself whether it is suitable for him or not. If it isn't, then he can move on without having spent a dime.

Why do you avoid all the relevant questions?:confused:

It could be argued that you are defending this author. :clap::(
Do you utilise this strategy?- if so- are you able to display your actual trades?-or-if not- what is your reason for defending bob? -why do you take this personally?
I notice that you are also a product vendor, are you affiliated with bob- either directly or indirectly?:sneaky:

"victims"- if by victims, you mean people that are attempting to learn how to trade, then yes they are willing.:(

"evaluate the plan for a couple of weeks via replay"- advice such as this, is exactly the kind of idiocy that plagues the process of learning for aspiring traders.:rolleyes:
What factual information do you base this comment upon?

Now here we are getting to the core of the matter.

Any other trader does not need to show any proofs if he does or does not trade unless he wishes to.
But for a vendor or a charlatan is a must .

A forum is a place for a charlatan to fish abundantly.
Charlatans are very able with words, they always have another one up their sleeves but without any proofs they remain only charlatans or vendors for someone with a bit of common sense.
There is simple reason for all this, they do not have any evidence because if they did they would not be vendors or charlatans.

Listening to them they always hold absolute truths but they are reluctant in providing any proofs, when you ask for some substantial explanation they became very slippery in their ambiguity "you just need to study the market" sort of...or "years of coalface" kind of...

We had another charlatan on this forum a way back, it took us a long time to get rid of him. In the mean time many decent member left in disgusted and the quality of the forum took a low.
I did see many enthusiastic believers following him bleeding slowly to death until they liberated themselves from the pain in a liberating moment of clarity. To some it took months and every day.
They could not grasp it because there was nothing to grasp. It was completely BS. But they believed or wanted to believe.

Seems to me history is repeating itself here at t2w, another phase another charlatan.

This forum once more had became a fertile ground for another charlatan, the people I knew from before barely make a post nowadays and when they do they are promptly dismissed with another elaborated notion of absolute BS truth but without any evidence to sustain that BS, the only evidence provided is that holding absolute truths confirms pure charlatanism.

Are you a vendor? if yes before I spend 10 cents I want to see proofs you are trading and you are successful at it, other wise keep it for yourself you elaborated notions articulated BS words.

"There is simple reason for all this, they do not have any evidence because if they did they would not be vendors or charlatans."- it really is that simple.

You're the only person who thinks I'm defending him. And, no, I don't take any of it personally. Why would I? And by "victims" I mean those who elect to pay somebody for their trading plans rather than develop their own then complain that they've been taken advantage of.

Evaluating plans is hardly idiocy, at least for those who are willing to take responsibility for their results rather than blame somebody else.

You're the only person who thinks I'm defending him. And, no, I don't take any of it personally. Why would I? And by "victims" I mean those who elect to pay somebody for their trading plans rather than develop their own then complain that they've been taken advantage of.

Evaluating plans is hardly idiocy, at least for those who are willing to take responsibility for their results rather than blame somebody else.[/QUOTE

There is no depth in what you are saying. Why do you avoid all the relevant questions?:eek:

Do you trade with this method? -if so- demonstrate. or -if not- why not?- If you do not then why are you so adamant in your support for bob?:eek:

If an aspiring trader is advised that they can evaluate a trading method within only "a couple of weeks via market replay", -that surely has to be considered misleading, and idiotic. :eek:

You have a very peculiar definition of the word victims. What are you talking about paying for a trading plan? -they are cheap books.
You are continuing to miss the point, or is it that you are affiliated with bob?
If this is such a great method, and bob is such a great author, then why is there not one single individual that can demonstrate it?