Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Ooops, sorry!
Hi everyone!
Ive been reading this thread for long time now, but my language is so damn bad that i havent commented anything... :eek:
But yes, im a PA-trader. I trade mostly from 5min chart, taking swings and short scalps. Im a big fan of Mr.Volman and maybe that is the reason why im also looking 70tick chart. I dont trade it, but i take confirmations, channelbreaks ect from it!
I have noticed, that there is many good traders here, and it would be nice to share some thougths in future! (y)

Hi Fortunehunt,

Welcome to the thread. It would definitely be nice to do so! Please post your trades when you can. It is always nice to compare and discuss. Do you trade the Eur/Usd only or do you trade other instruments/pairs? By the way, your english is very good, it is not a barrier!
I personally use a 120 tick chart, but I thought of going around 500ticks (approx. 3-5min) because I think I'd select better trades with less losers (And I love tick charts). And maybe use the 120 tick to pin point my entry and exit more precisely.
We'll see.

Have a good weekend

Kulpio

Thank you very much!
I trade mostly Forex but also E-mini and some stocks. 90% of time ill trade Forex. Unfortunately Eur/Usd has been more or less flat about two years now and dont even remember when i placed a trade last time with that pair... (n) It just dont move enought for me anymore!! I like Jpy pairs but recently i have made best results with Gbp! (y) Very clear PA and nice swings!

Yesterday was last trading day of week and month, and i really dont like that enviroment but i took one trade.

Attachments

• Sterling30.9.2016 5min.png
    Sterling30.9.2016 5min.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,516
  • Sterling30.9.2016 70tick.png
    Sterling30.9.2016 70tick.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Well yes! After testing the barrier on three occasion, printing a double bottom a few minutes earlier and in a tight squeeze from the EMA, I thought it looked nice as an inside range break. That was my perception at the very moment of the trade. I am not sure I was that wrong since it did pierce through it and come back two pip shy from my target (I entered @ 101.33 and my target was 101.43. It u-turned at 101.41...) But yes, it definitely costed me 8 pip!
But it was very aggressive...this morning it moved a lot and it was hard to keep it cool;)

Do you scalp with price action principles too?
Please introduce your self since it is your first post !

Best regards

Kulpio

Here is my thoughts about JPY next week. Im pretty anxious to see how the market will play this one.. ;)
There is big fundies coming next week, so they have also their own role, even i never take them very seriously. Always trade your charts, not the news!! (y)

Attachments

• JPY (DFB).png
    JPY (DFB).png
    78.6 KB · Views: 212
Here is my thoughts about JPY next week. Im pretty anxious to see how the market will play this one.. ;)
There is big fundies coming next week, so they have also their own role, even i never take them very seriously. Always trade your charts, not the news!! (y)

Nice take for this week. Thank you for posting. I think you really have your own style, we are not buying at the same places. You buy too far away from the ema for my confort;) It is nice to see other takes on the market. I like how you draw your lines and patterns. Let's all continue to post our trades, it very insightful.

Have a good trading week!!

Best
Kulpio

Today was a scalper's dream day but guess what? I missed out on both 20pips trades but took the -6.7pips loss trade. :confused: Well I am still evolving through this method and no they were both not discovered in hindsight; for the 1st I was confused by the 00 level condition thingy while for the 2nd it didn't really set up as the usual tff kind, I hardy see such setups with an evening star.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Good day for you Fortunehunt! I had 10 pips on the yen, before the release.
Now I am getting prepared for the hurricane (I live in South Florida), so no trades for the next few days;)

Best

Oh my... :-0
I hope everything is fine there!
Just stay safe.

-fh-

Oh my... :-0
I hope everything is fine there!
Just stay safe.

-fh-

Thank you!
Just hopped on a yen trade ;)
The first one is from yesterday (I got real lucky on that one, and the other from today.

Have a good week end!! I'm off for a surf session (no, just kidding)

Attachments

• JPY.4png.png
    JPY.4png.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 267
  • JPY5.png
    JPY5.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 274
Hi ,just wanted to say hi and thank you to all the regular contributors to this thread for the really helpful charts and commentary ,and to Mr Volman for his excellent books and chart updates.
I've been following this thread for a while in conjunction with reading and studying charts , I have a long way to go in my trading journey but this method of short term scalping really interests me .
If I may ask a question which I cannot find answered in the thread or books , I have an IG account which allows me to use the Prorealtime platform and 70 tick charts , how do I adjust the price to omit the "pipettes" so as to give the correct layout that Mr Volman advises ? Thank's again for all your help.

Hi Ubergeek,
Welcome to the thread, it is nice to have more people joining the conversation. I wish you success in your scalping endeavors.
Regarding Prorealtime you might want to ask the support service, because for me it was directly full pips. Maybe it is because it is linked to your IG account and they display the pippetes. They are very quick to respond to emails.
I went there to change the display: "option" then "template options" then "fonts", click on "forex" and you should be able to tweak some things there.
Let me know when you got it figured out.

Best

Kulpio

Thank's Fortunehunt , just to make sure I understand this and please forgive my newbie questions , the idea is to lease the Prorealtime platform with data feed for charting purposes and place the actual trades on your brokers platform without using their charts , is that correct ?
Thank you for your help .

Thank's Fortunehunt , just to make sure I understand this and please forgive my newbie questions , the idea is to lease the Prorealtime platform with data feed for charting purposes and place the actual trades on your brokers platform without using their charts , is that correct ?
Thank you for your help .
Anytime Ubergeek!(y)
First of all, there is no good or bad questions, if you need to know something, you´ll just ask for help, thats it!:cheers:
Yes, if you need full pips, then youll have to lease platform and place trades via IG!

Kind Regards,
-fh-

Hi ,got a 2 week trial from Prorealtime , I can see the difference the full pips make when looking for levels breaks , really clear . Thank's.