Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Why can't anybody post trades or charts?

There is only beginners here at best. Asking beginner questions about brokers or spreads etc.. Where is the discussion about trading?

Maybe it is because over a long period with many trades placed, it would appear to me that this is a break even method, and as I have improved to becoming profitable through other methods -my bull**** filters in regards to trading have also been refined.

There has been nothing offered here except hindsight analysis. This is something that a child is capable of.

Bob's charts do not say very much and they are full of contradictions. Its ok though -we can use our imaginations as to what and why he does what he does. Except for the fact that we have no proof that any of the trades on the charts are even placed. Sometimes changing the way things are viewed to curve fit the picture, to create a vague hindsight analysis.

I put it to anybody-

1.-use any instrument and show these setups -before Bob's weekly hindsight release

2.-show some actual trades that were or are about to be placed.

Hi thedawgee,

I really don't get guys like you... you post you charts at the begining, enjoy having feedbacks from others when you are still in the learning process and when you think you've mastered it all you criticizes other who do the same? damn boy, grow up...

Now to come back to your remarks, yes we talked about spreads and brokers for futures ( i've never traded futures so we talked about it...yes)

I've been very busy and was not really able to post as I said I would. I can post the trades of today, before Bob's so you can criticize on hindsight too! Please do the same.

If you want, let's post our trades daily, which security does not matter. I trade Eur/Usd, Usd/Jpy and Gbp/Usd mostly.

I'm not starting a competition here, but i just want to encourage some of us to post trades instead of bashing against each others...this is not a political talk. It would much more constructive!

Word up!

Kulpio

This week was a bloody week no thanks to the indecisiveness of the market on Wednesday 14th, however the only salvage provided were the positive news trades (not shown).

Hi Ajantala,

Thank you for posting your charts, it is always nice to se how others trade and getting feedbacks (except when they are not helping..:)

I will post some of mine too to boost up our chart datas and compare and discuss.

Have a good week end.

Kulpio

Hi thedawgee,

I really don't get guys like you... you post you charts at the begining, enjoy having feedbacks from others when you are still in the learning process and when you think you've mastered it all you criticizes other who do the same? damn boy, grow up...

Now to come back to your remarks, yes we talked about spreads and brokers for futures ( i've never traded futures so we talked about it...yes)

I've been very busy and was not really able to post as I said I would. I can post the trades of today, before Bob's so you can criticize on hindsight too! Please do the same.

If you want, let's post our trades daily, which security does not matter. I trade Eur/Usd, Usd/Jpy and Gbp/Usd mostly.

I'm not starting a competition here, but i just want to encourage some of us to post trades instead of bashing against each others...this is not a political talk. It would much more constructive!

Word up!

Kulpio

Hello Kulpio,

Glad to see you're back posting. I hope your trading using B.V method is working fine.
I would like to ask you, have you ever tried to trade Emini Futures using Volman's method? Some people think the PA is clearer on that market as it's centralized and the brokers can't play their dirty tricks with we retail traders.
I've been studying the PA for a few days. Like it so far. It seems a bit more predictable than FX. I really like that you can have Volume based candles (different from tick charts). That filters a lot the PA. Anyway, still observing and learning.

Cheers,
keen246

Hello Kulpio,

Glad to see you're back posting. I hope your trading using B.V method is working fine.
I would like to ask you, have you ever tried to trade Emini Futures using Volman's method? Some people think the PA is clearer on that market as it's centralized and the brokers can't play their dirty tricks with we retail traders.
I've been studying the PA for a few days. Like it so far. It seems a bit more predictable than FX. I really like that you can have Volume based candles (different from tick charts). That filters a lot the PA. Anyway, still observing and learning.

Cheers,
keen246

Hi Keen246,

My trading is soso for the moment... ups and downs, more related to my negligence to conditions more than anything else... No I have not, and never check futures yet. I should definitely look it up (I'll use the end of day data as my subscription does not incluse futures). Please let me know what are your findings! I'll look it up this weekend.
I have been very bad at taking screenshots in time and categorizing them... but I really want to work on that to post them more often, as well as for my own personal history. I think it is important...

Cheers!

Kulpio

And you Keen246? how is your trading, have you been using Bob's techniques recently??
The major issue I have is to assess the conditions, so what I've been doing and it looks like it really helps is pulling up the 5 min and 15 min chart (I really use the 5 min but I check the 15 min at the begining of the session to look up big moves and if I am no simply in a pullback). I take only the trades that are in the trend of the bigger time frames. I don't use them to pick my trades, but just to help me see the bigger picture and it really helped me select better trades and avoid traps. It helps me figure out ranges too and trade them better.

And you Keen246? how is your trading, have you been using Bob's techniques recently??
The major issue I have is to assess the conditions, so what I've been doing and it looks like it really helps is pulling up the 5 min and 15 min chart (I really use the 5 min but I check the 15 min at the begining of the session to look up big moves and if I am no simply in a pullback). I take only the trades that are in the trend of the bigger time frames. I don't use them to pick my trades, but just to help me see the bigger picture and it really helped me select better trades and avoid traps. It helps me figure out ranges too and trade them better.

Thanks for the encouragement Kuplio, and to think that I was deliberating if I should post my trades for this week.

Personally I think Bob should have written the 5-mins book before the 70-ticks one, the former has more notes on conditions to consider when trading and believe me it has saved me from taking failed trades every now and then also you need more patience and less trades on the former while the latter gives you a lot of trades which doesn't help your patience in trading (as well as your profit), to me the latter can be compared to observing mass at the 'molecular level' while the former from a 'macro level' and you bet one is easier than the other.

However people have been successful trading the 70-ticks e.g. www.wallstreettoeasystreet.com; and it takes lesser hours of your time daily.

I would be posting my charts with trades for the week later today or tomorrow morning, it was a sweet week though.

Thanks for the encouragement Kuplio, and to think that I was deliberating if I should post my trades for this week.

Personally I think Bob should have written the 5-mins book before the 70-ticks one, the former has more notes on conditions to consider when trading and believe me it has saved me from taking failed trades every now and then also you need more patience and less trades on the former while the latter gives you a lot of trades which doesn't help your patience in trading (as well as your profit), to me the latter can be compared to observing mass at the 'molecular level' while the former from a 'macro level' and you bet one is easier than the other.

However people have been successful trading the 70-ticks e.g. www.wallstreettoeasystreet.com; and it takes lesser hours of your time daily.

I would be posting my charts with trades for the week later today or tomorrow morning, it was a sweet week though.

I do not agree with you. I really think he wrote the 70 tick book first and then the 5 min. They complement each other, the 70-tick on setups and the ground work and the 5 min has a better "conversation" between the bulls and bear and the overall conditions. The 5 min is also much more current on today's markets and the use of angular pattern lines definitely helped me get better trades at better prices instead of only hopping in the horizontal breaks that are often too visible to others and often end up as feed for contrarians that fattens themselves of those "too easy" trades.
I personally trade the 70 tick, but use the 5 min to better understand the underlying conditions, which I had issues to evaluate properly on the 70tick.

Looking forward to seeing your trades. I will post mine of today as I did not screenshot the previous ones.

So here are my Friday trades. A good day (+17 pip), they are not all that good! I'll try to post daily from next Monday on. The first is Eur/Usd and the second is Usd/Jpy.

Attachments

• 23rd-eur:usd.png
    23rd-eur:usd.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 23rd-usd:jpy.png
    23rd-usd:jpy.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 186
Week 36 (26th - 30th September)

Here are my valid trades for the week, how I wish all weeks could be this profitable.

@Kuplio: Well I guess we would both be biased towards the time-frame in which we trade most. I have not traded the 70-ticks as much as the 5-mins but the one week I did I was having more losses than wins. Hopefully in the future I can combine the time-frames just like you when trading and exploit the advantages in both.

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    41.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 190
Here are my valid trades for the week, how I wish all weeks could be this profitable.

@Kuplio: Well I guess we would both be biased towards the time-frame in which we trade most. I have not traded the 70-ticks as much as the 5-mins but the one week I did I was having more losses than wins. Hopefully in the future I can combine the time-frames just like you when trading and exploit the advantages in both.

Well done Ajantala, you definitely had a great week;)

I traded Monday but forgot to screenshot :|
here is my Wednesday trading session:

Attachments

• gbp:usd.28.3.png
    gbp:usd.28.3.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 184
  • gbp:usd-28.2.png
    gbp:usd-28.2.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 168
  • gbp:usd.28.png
    gbp:usd.28.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 177
  • usd:jpy.28.png
    usd:jpy.28.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 198
I traded Monday but forgot to screenshot :|
here is my Wednesday trading session:

Nice one Kuplio! Here are my valid trades for yesterday too.

PS: I skipped out on the first trade 'cos I wasn't sure what to make of the chart till the trade was over.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    48.4 KB · Views: 186
Thanks for posting your charts.

Just out of curiosity, why do you use 120 tick charts and not 70?

Edit: Question meant for Kulpio. Meant to reply to your post tagging/quoting you but I used the wrong reply button.

Thanks for posting your charts.

Just out of curiosity, why do you use 120 tick charts and not 70?

Edit: Question meant for Kulpio. Meant to reply to your post tagging/quoting you but I used the wrong reply button.

Hi Pipmonster,

I just prefere the feel of it. 70 tick was a little too quick and I saw squeezes where there were none. I might even got to 200-250, we will see. I am still tweaking my trading style, layout and setups.

Best

Kulpio

Alright, my trades for the day:
I went a little aggressive with all this big movements. Not a bad day though;)
Have a good weekend to you all.

Attachments

• USD1.png
    USD1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 264
  • USD2.png
    USD2.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 658
  • JPY1.png
    JPY1.png
    34 KB · Views: 1,194
  • JPY2.png
    JPY2.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,427

Well yes! After testing the barrier on three occasion, printing a double bottom a few minutes earlier and in a tight squeeze from the EMA, I thought it looked nice as an inside range break. That was my perception at the very moment of the trade. I am not sure I was that wrong since it did pierce through it and come back two pip shy from my target (I entered @ 101.33 and my target was 101.43. It u-turned at 101.41...) But yes, it definitely costed me 8 pip!
But it was very aggressive...this morning it moved a lot and it was hard to keep it cool;)

Do you scalp with price action principles too?
Please introduce your self since it is your first post !

Best regards

Kulpio

Ooops, sorry!
Hi everyone!
Ive been reading this thread for long time now, but my language is so damn bad that i havent commented anything... :eek:
But yes, im a PA-trader. I trade mostly from 5min chart, taking swings and short scalps. Im a big fan of Mr.Volman and maybe that is the reason why im also looking 70tick chart. I dont trade it, but i take confirmations, channelbreaks ect from it!
I have noticed, that there is many good traders here, and it would be nice to share some thougths in future! (y)