Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Could you guys please help communicate to Bob to kindly look into producing hardback copies of his books, the ones I have have started falling apart from constant use and as most of us know it takes several reads to fully grasp more than 70% of what he teaches...not that he's not a good writer/teacher but some lessons are so deep that they can only be grasped by practice and then some more reading and then some practice and then some more reading...

You can email him...(y)

The answer to your question is practice, practice and more practice...

Below is the only trade (pb) I took today on the 5mins ranging chart...i bet you will see a similar trade for 70-ticks on Bob's charts when it comes out next week.

To what question are you referring to that required the answer practice X3.

Your chart is a 5 min chart. When was the last time Bob supplied charts with the weekly 5 min chart setups?. Whilst the theories are the same, there is quite a differing set of criteria when placing and managing a trade. So therefore it is irrelevant whether or not Bob's charts have the trade pointed out in hindsight. 'If' Bob did decide to enter there on the 70 tick chart, it would have been managed differently to your 5 min chart example.

The validity of the setup is questionable. It could be argued that you got lucky, after going long from a false low (a new lower low and then you entered long). I am fairly sure Bob's books say don't do that. This may be what he refers to as a contrarian. But, it is ok, because it looks good in hindsight.

It could also be argued that after a couple of strong moves downward it was pushed upwards by fundamental pressures at the open- thereby the price action before the trade was placed is somewhat misleading. If the cause was different then there would have been a different effect, ie. your trade would have been negated. Without that singular bull bar just before 15:00, the trade would have failed or possibly been exited at break even. Would you have posted your hindsight expertise then? If it had been a loss?

To what question are you referring to that required the answer practice X3.

Your chart is a 5 min chart. When was the last time Bob supplied charts with the weekly 5 min chart setups?. Whilst the theories are the same, there is quite a differing set of criteria when placing and managing a trade. So therefore it is irrelevant whether or not Bob's charts have the trade pointed out in hindsight. 'If' Bob did decide to enter there on the 70 tick chart, it would have been managed differently to your 5 min chart example.

The validity of the setup is questionable. It could be argued that you got lucky, after going long from a false low (a new lower low and then you entered long). I am fairly sure Bob's books say don't do that. This may be what he refers to as a contrarian. But, it is ok, because it looks good in hindsight.

It could also be argued that after a couple of strong moves downward it was pushed upwards by fundamental pressures at the open- thereby the price action before the trade was placed is somewhat misleading. If the cause was different then there would have been a different effect, ie. your trade would have been negated. Without that singular bull bar just before 15:00, the trade would have failed or possibly been exited at break even. Would you have posted your hindsight expertise then? If it had been a loss?

That's the answer to your suggestion that this system only works in hindsight meaning that you doubt the authenticity of the method. If you have not been able get similar results between your 'hindsight' trading and real time trading then the answer still remains practice, practice, practice.

I agree with you that there is a whole world of difference between the 70-ticks and 5-mins when it comes to placing and managing trades but what you should understand is that the entry point (range of validity) remains the same if you are actually trading the price action.

Countless trade examples abound especially in the 6-month charts provided in the second book where Bob traded from a false high/low setup (and you should know this if you have actually read the book) so I wouldn't bother going through the pains of explaining this to you. Every trade doesn't have to necessarily end up in a win but must be first entered right and properly managed from then on wards, that is what matters; even for the most perfect setups you could still end up with a loss so I don't understand your trying to attribute the success of the trade to luck when what we are trading here is price action, if you needed a method based on luck then I would suggest you get an 8-ball and do what I think it is you do with it before you trade. Maybe you should read again what a false high or low means to understand why the result may not be attributed to luck or fundamentals.

You seem to want to discredit this method and label the charts supplied by Bob as traded from hindsight, well you might as well agree with yourself but if that's the case why do you then challenge people to post trades or charts? I am guessing you really want to see this work in real time? Then again I say unto you, practice, practice and some more practice!

Trades for the week

These are my own version of valid trades for the week, some I entered, some I wasn't close to my laptop to enter but luckily I was around for the first 20pips and 11pips trades.

Watch out for similarities between these and Bob's weekly charts come next week (tomorrow or the next).

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 279

Thanks guys! I see a whole lot of similarity between what I trade (as attached in my previous post) and Bob's weekly charts although we trade two different time frames. This goes on to prove the point that the laws of price action are universal and that similar areas of entry exist if the difference between the time frames being traded is not that much.

PS: As can be seen, I still take some wrong trades though but nothing that more practice cannot sharpen up.

Thanks guys! I see a whole lot of similarity between what I trade (as attached in my previous post) and Bob's weekly charts although we trade two different time frames. This goes on to prove the point that the laws of price action are universal and that similar areas of entry exist if the difference between the time frames being traded is not that much.

PS: As can be seen, I still take some wrong trades though but nothing that more practice cannot sharpen up.

"You could measure how much money the Tooth Fairy leaves under the pillow, whether she leaves more cash for the first or last tooth, whether the payoff is greater if you leave the tooth in a plastic baggie versus wrapped in Kleenex. You can get all kinds of good data that is reproducible and statistically significant. Yes, you have learned something. But you haven’t learned what you think you’ve learned, because you haven’t bothered to establish whether the Tooth Fairy really exists."
— Harriet Hall

"You could measure how much money the Tooth Fairy leaves under the pillow, whether she leaves more cash for the first or last tooth, whether the payoff is greater if you leave the tooth in a plastic baggie versus wrapped in Kleenex. You can get all kinds of good data that is reproducible and statistically significant. Yes, you have learned something. But you haven’t learned what you think you’ve learned, because you haven’t bothered to establish whether the Tooth Fairy really exists."
— Harriet Hall

(y)...:cool:...:sleep:...:sleep:

Trades for the week (5th -9th September)

These are my valid trades for the week. Unfortunately I was only around to pick up mostly the trades that ended up with losses especially the Friday trades so overall I ended up with a loss this week.:mad:

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    43 KB · Views: 246
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 1,768
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    43 KB · Views: 301
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
These are my valid trades for the week. Unfortunately I was only around to pick up mostly the trades that ended up with losses especially the Friday trades so overall I ended up with a loss this week.:mad:

Hilarious. Do you not see the problem?... Read the unfavorable conditions part from FPAS.

What defines them as valid? -as opposed to entering on any other given candle on the chart, or in the opposite directions.

Hilarious. Do you not see the problem?... Read the unfavorable conditions part from FPAS.

What defines them as valid? -as opposed to entering on any other given candle on the chart, or in the opposite directions.

I see you really want to know what clarifies them as valid init? Maybe if you asked nicely I would tell you :p

A good example of why you shouldn't cherry-pick a systems trades, because sods law will dictate you take the losers, not the winners. Funny how that happens!

A good example of why you shouldn't cherry-pick a systems trades, because sods law will dictate you take the losers, not the winners. Funny how that happens!

Right you are on that one. More importantly is that one should not be discouraged when repeated valid trades end in a loss; this can be achieved by not risking more than one can afford to lose, for me that falls between 1-2% per trade depending on the start up amount i.e. the more the capital the less percentage I would risk per trade.

Week 35 (12th - 16th September)

This week was a bloody week no thanks to the indecisiveness of the market on Wednesday 14th, however the only salvage provided were the positive news trades (not shown).

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 659
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 173
HI guys, I specifically registered on this forum to ask if someone could upload a scanned copy of Bob Volman's Price Action Scalping book in its entire form. I don't know how and where I've found the 99 page pdf version of this book but it changed my view of the market so dramatically in a way no other book did in the past. Unfortunately, I can not order it on the internet as the delivery is quite an issue in a place I live. I could've bought it if it was available in my place but this is not available either. I spent days looking for complete pdf version of this book on the web but to no avail. I'd be really grateful if someone could scan the entire book and upload here.

P.S. It doesn't even have to be a a scanned copy. Anything like pictures of pages taken with a mobile phone will do as long as all the pages are readable and charts are visible.

Thanks

Last edited: