Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

@ cha-ching

1st move the chart left and right (the chart may re-scale if it deems it necessary), then scale the y-axis to your liking. After that you should be able to move the chart left and right without the scale changing.

I have a PRT question myself: whats the best resolution to use when saving charts? I saved a 5 min. chart with the y-axis set at 50 levels and the saved chart was re-scaled to 20 levels.

@ cha-ching

1st move the chart left and right (the chart may re-scale if it deems it necessary), then scale the y-axis to your liking. After that you should be able to move the chart left and right without the scale changing.

I have a PRT question myself: whats the best resolution to use when saving charts? I saved a 5 min. chart with the y-axis set at 50 levels and the saved chart was re-scaled to 20 levels.

Thanks PipMonster24. Are you using Windows? I just press Alt+Prt Scr and paste the charts into Paint. I didn't like the charts PRT saved for me.

Edit: In Paint you can change the resolution of the image. I use the max of my monitor display which is 1920x1024.

Last edited:
Thanks PipMonster24. Are you using Windows? I just press Alt+Prt Scr and paste the charts into Paint. I didn't like the charts PRT saved for me.

Edit: In Paint you can change the resolution of the image. I use the max of my monitor display which is 1920x1024.

Thanks for the tip.

not exactly how Bob trades but very similar in my view (learnt a lot from him, Al and Lance), but the all combined in my own style, never find the tick star very useful as the 1m minute chart.

Attachments

• 3rd trade.png
    3rd trade.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 298
Morning guys, I'm just getting started with bobs' method. Some interesting posts on here... One thing thou I'm trying to view bobs chart in drop box on an iPad, but I can't seem to open them.. Anyone else have this trouble...

Szd, I don't believe either approach is better than the other. They are simply different. Both books are worth reading regardless of how you trade.

Cha-ching, if you click and hold on the y-axis and move the mouse up or down you can increase/decrease the height of the bars. Once you size them the way you like, click and hold anywhere on the chart and move it up or down slightly. Once you let go the y-axis will remain fixed.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have picked up both books.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have picked up both books.

After going thru the all the posts under this topic, I have decided and will be picking up Bob's 2nd book tomorrow as well.

English is not my first language, therefore I apologize in advance if any or my wording or grammar sounds funny.

Regardless what the end result will be, I would like to thanks Bob, BLS and other contributors. I really like the weekly chart analysis. Since English is not my first language, I have no doubted I will miss a lot of points Bob will be making in the book, but if I analysis the same chart but came out a very different point of view than Bob's one, I know I haven't grasp the concept correctly and better read the book one more time :D

Hi Volmanites, long time listener, first time caller.

Thanks to everyone for this thread! I've gotten answers to many questions about Bob's methods and how to adapt them from everyone here. I thought I'd contribute at least one (I hope appropriate) post + pic. I am like most hopefuls here, a student of the market and aspiring trader. I've started to journal my trades as recommended by a host of successful traders and wanted to share.

This is just provided as an example of how I approach this, and therefore no explanations are given as to personal abbreviations, etc. I'm trying for a combination of Volman, Al Brooks and YourTradingCoach (as mentioned before in this thread). Hopefully this will provide some inspiration!

Gary

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-04-29 21:12:36.png
    Screenshot from 2015-04-29 21:12:36.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 372
Hi,

Anyone know whats the minimum amount to open Ninjatrader live account with FXCM? Is there any other broker you recommend?

Regards

Hi Volmanites, long time listener, first time caller.

Thanks to everyone for this thread! I've gotten answers to many questions about Bob's methods and how to adapt them from everyone here. I thought I'd contribute at least one (I hope appropriate) post + pic. I am like most hopefuls here, a student of the market and aspiring trader. I've started to journal my trades as recommended by a host of successful traders and wanted to share.

This is just provided as an example of how I approach this, and therefore no explanations are given as to personal abbreviations, etc. I'm trying for a combination of Volman, Al Brooks and YourTradingCoach (as mentioned before in this thread). Hopefully this will provide some inspiration!

Gary

Wow that was great.

Since I have been study these three works it was really interesting looking at your chart.

I hope you will post more.

Thank you

Question regarding "awkward stop" in Figure 13.10

Hi fellow Volmanites, I have a question regarding "awkward stop". The term appeared 3 times in FPAS book according to the index.

1) In Figure 13.6, first arrow after bar 2 was skipped because the stop would be right at the top barrier (support). You don't exit a long position at a support level, that just feels awkward.

3) In Figure 14.3. It actually means something different and shouldn't be referenced under "awkward stop" in the index.

Now:
2) In Figure 13.10: it's supposed to mean the same as in Figure 13.6 for skipped trade after bar 2. However, the stop should be at 1.3158, two pips below the range barrier. Why is it a support level?

Thanks,

Cha-ching

EDIT: I just searched in Bob's weekly charts. Seems he has never mentioned it once. So this probably isn't that useful.

Last edited:
Hi fellow Volmanites, I have a question regarding "awkward stop". The term appeared 3 times in FPAS book according to the index.

1) In Figure 13.6, first arrow after bar 2 was skipped because the stop would be right at the top barrier (support). You don't exit a long position at a support level, that just feels awkward.

3) In Figure 14.3. It actually means something different and shouldn't be referenced under "awkward stop" in the index.

Now:
2) In Figure 13.10: it's supposed to mean the same as in Figure 13.6 for skipped trade after bar 2. However, the stop should be at 1.3158, two pips below the range barrier. Why is it a support level?

Thanks,

Cha-ching

EDIT: I just searched in Bob's weekly charts. Seems he has never mentioned it once. So this probably isn't that useful.

It could be referring to the support level 1.3157, which is entry level for the ARB (the high of the smallest box in figure 13.10). So if trade 2 was taken and its stop set at 1.3158, it would be awkward because price may go lower to test 1.3157 support level at the top of the small ARB box.

It could be referring to the support level 1.3157, which is entry level for the ARB (the high of the smallest box in figure 13.10). So if trade 2 was taken and its stop set at 1.3158, it would be awkward because price may go lower to test 1.3157 support level at the top of the small ARB box.

Thanks for your reply Panjm. Actually 1.3157 would be the stop level of the SB entry (the bar after bar #3). So the stop of the second trade would be even more awkward, no?

Thanks for your reply Panjm. Actually 1.3157 would be the stop level of the SB entry (the bar after bar #3). So the stop of the second trade would be even more awkward, no?

I don't have the book with me but my guess is that the last trade being SB provide double confirmation of price going higher hence the author feel that the SB negate the awkwardness of the stop.