Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Thank you Bob and BLS.

I'm reading the book again and again now.
I noticed.
It was not enough for me to understand what Bob said, so I'm making to copy writing by hand this book all. now I feel better that understanding.
This is my result these days.
Sep 1 RB -1.8p

Sep 2 ARB -1.3p IRB 2.2p

Sep 3 RB/IRB -2.8p RB -3p IRB -2p RB 0.3p

Sep 4 RB 41p

Sep 8 ARB -0.7p IRB -2.8p

Sep 9 BB 11p

Sep 10 FB -5.5p RB -1.7p DD/BB 11p

Sep 11 RB 6.1p

Sep 12 MmRB -2.9p RB -3p ARB 6p FB/DD 11p

Sep 15 BB 5.7p

I've noticed a comment here and there about the setups (first, second, block break etc) and we/ you/ I should rely more on the concepts.

I could not agree more - internalize the concept/ system/ setup etc. Own it make it your own, add to/ take away from.

Something that I would like to add watch the DOM for clues as to what price is relevant/ important etc

I've since switched from /6E to /CL - talking about something that will move on you, sheesh

-Bill

Hi
This is my report here.
It's not easy for me still now.

First picture, it's not good. If I entry ARB set up, I should entry red. If I entry red, I could exit only 2 pips lost.

2nd picture, it's FB. it's OK. 00 magnet.

3rd picture, it's OK I think. but it's no trade chance, so just exit.

I need to practice more and more.
I do think so.;)

Attachments

• 0924.jpg
    0924.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 0924-2.jpg
    0924-2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 0924-3.jpg
    0924-3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 202
Asian session

Hello all

Does anyone trade using the BV method during the Asian session? If so, which pair(s)?

I'm just rereading the book and trading 1K lots to get comfortable but find a lot of the setups either fail to appear, or reverse before target on the EU pair, since it tends to range during the Asian (SYD/TOK) zone.

Thanks guys - the regular postings of the previous week's session is really useful too - thanks for posting these.

Best
Paul

Hello all

Does anyone trade using the BV method during the Asian session? If so, which pair(s)?

I'm just rereading the book and trading 1K lots to get comfortable but find a lot of the setups either fail to appear, or reverse before target on the EU pair, since it tends to range during the Asian (SYD/TOK) zone.

Thanks guys - the regular postings of the previous week's session is really useful too - thanks for posting these.

Best
Paul

Hey Paul,

I find either the AUDUSD or the EURJPY the most conducive markets to this method during the Asian session. However, the volatility, appearance of set-ups and amount of follow through vary greatly.

Of the 2 pairs, I choose the one to watch that has the greatest potential for movement based on recent volatility and market structure.

Major news releases are also worth being around for, e.g. yesterday's Aussie retail sales report provided bearish activity that resulted in a solid entry (see attachment).

So much depends on current conditions, e.g. the first half of 2013 saw huge volatility in the EURJPY during the Asian session and plenty of opportunity. However, there are days that are as boring as hell.

I tend to focus on the European/US sessions the majority of the time, but trade the Asian session when I'm not working my day job (being based in Sydney).

Hope this helps,

Matt

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,250
Hey Paul,

I find either the AUDUSD or the EURJPY the most conducive markets to this method during the Asian session. However, the volatility, appearance of set-ups and amount of follow through vary greatly.

Of the 2 pairs, I choose the one to watch that has the greatest potential for movement based on recent volatility and market structure.

Major news releases are also worth being around for, e.g. yesterday's Aussie retail sales report provided bearish activity that resulted in a solid entry (see attachment).

So much depends on current conditions, e.g. the first half of 2013 saw huge volatility in the EURJPY during the Asian session and plenty of opportunity. However, there are days that are as boring as hell.

I tend to focus on the European/US sessions the majority of the time, but trade the Asian session when I'm not working my day job (being based in Sydney).

Hope this helps,

Matt

Thanks Matt - I'm also Sydney based but trade Asian only right now so that really helps ... thanks for your response and your example. I'll concentrate on these 2 pairs for a couple of days and see if I can bring home some pips.
Cheers
Paul

Bob Volman wrote a new book: Understanding Price Action: practical analysis of the 5-minute time frame
It looks interesting (try "look inside" at Amazon) but I wonder: why is Volman writing
a new book ?

Bob Volman wrote a new book: Understanding Price Action: practical analysis of the 5-minute time frame
It looks interesting (try "look inside" at Amazon) but I wonder: why is Volman writing
a new book ?

Probably to try and help people??? Thanks for the heads up, have just ordered it.

I think so,too.
Thank you very much, Bob.
I'm looking forward to reading a new book.
I'd like to read in Japanese.
I hope to be published are translated into Japanese.
Anyway, Thanks a lot and Congratulations!!

Dropbox for New Book

Anyone know if Bob will provide charts for the new Price Action book. I found scalping too difficult but the new book sounds great. Read the excerpts on Amazon and ordered it right away. Should get it on Wednesday.