Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

In the interests of keeping this thread going I'd thought I post some charts as it's been a while since anyone has done so. So here are my trades for the week - only 4 as I have limited time, trading at night (Sydney time) after my day job, plus attempting to be much more selective than I have been in the past. The first 3 seem valid to me in hindsight. The 4th was neither valid nor executed under circumstances that I should be trading - while looking after my 2 boys - just dumb!

Anyway, live and learn, and appreciate any comments or feedback.

Matt

PS - I include 2 shots of each trade to get a better perspective of overall conditions at the time of entry

Attachments

• 1a.png
    1a.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 1b.png
    1b.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 2a.png
    2a.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 2b.png
    2b.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 3a.png
    3a.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 3b.png
    3b.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 4a.png
    4a.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 4b.png
    4b.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 383
matty_dunn I like all the trades but this one. 4b.png (8 of 8) It is the IRB. I prefer taking this type of trade when the overall range is wide enough that when getting filled on the IRB set up there is enough room before hitting the upper resistance that I can at least lock in three pips. This would allow me a higher probability of being able to exit the IRB with some profit. When the range is narrow as this one I would prefer waiting for a RB setup.

matty_dunn I like all the trades but this one. 4b.png (8 of 8) It is the IRB. I prefer taking this type of trade when the overall range is wide enough that when getting filled on the IRB set up there is enough room before hitting the upper resistance that I can at least lock in three pips. This would allow me a higher probability of being able to exit the IRB with some profit. When the range is narrow as this one I would prefer waiting for a RB setup.

Agree. It was not a trade to be taking. Thanks for the comment.

And Pippi my timezone is GMT+10 (Sydney Time)

Trap ?

Can anyone explain what Bob means when he says" be careful of the trap"?

Attachments

• Trap.jpg
    Trap.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 275
Can anyone explain what Bob means when he says" be careful of the trap"?

I think he means it's a place where one may have thought about a long entry - given the bottoming progression to the left and the squeeze of sorts. However, this would be taking a position against the overall trend (on the screen at least), straight into the 50 level (plus the low of the first push down after the news release), and also into the 50% retracement area from the prior swing down - thus trapping bulls in at price that will probably attract more sellers than buyers. Just my thoughts, others may have a different opinion...

I think he means it's a place where one may have thought about a long entry - given the bottoming progression to the left and the squeeze of sorts. However, this would be taking a position against the overall trend (on the screen at least), straight into the 50 level (plus the low of the first push down after the news release), and also into the 50% retracement area from the prior swing down - thus trapping bulls in at price that will probably attract more sellers than buyers. Just my thoughts, others may have a different opinion...

Good read Matty. Thank you.

Good read Matty. Thank you.

Hi all,
I am new to this thread, new to trading and new to scalping.
I have read Mr. Volman's book and am going to give his method a lash.
Using prorealtime, I am trying to re-create the chart of June 17 that datamold is referring to. However, my chart only goes back as far as June 24.
Does anyone know how to re-display previous weeks (using 70 tick chart) ?

Hi all,
I am new to this thread, new to trading and new to scalping.
I have read Mr. Volman's book and am going to give his method a lash.
Using prorealtime, I am trying to re-create the chart of June 17 that datamold is referring to. However, my chart only goes back as far as June 24.
Does anyone know how to re-display previous weeks (using 70 tick chart) ?

ProRealTime only provides one weeks worth of 70 tick data as far as I know.

Thanks a lot, BLS and Bob.
I'm still trading with this method. and
I feel better now, and it's getting rise me up.
It's been 1 year since I started trading with this method.
This time is just report my recent situation.
Thank you.
I don't make a note very much, but always thank you.
I really appreciate what you've done.

On the H4 chart the price has been going up inside a bullish channel. If the bottom of the channel is violated lower, a drop will be happening then.

Last edited by a moderator: