Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

I'm pleased to have discovered this thread! Recently I came across a mention of Bob Volman's book and am considering buying it.

Can anyone here provide some insight as to the value of the book?

Thanks, Karel

I'm pleased to have discovered this thread! Recently I came across a mention of Bob Volman's book and am considering buying it.

Can anyone here provide some insight as to the value of the book?

Thanks, Karel

Hi Karel
You can buy the book from amazon for around £20

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, and ready for a fresh trading week. There are several events we need to be aware of this week. For Monday the have UK and US PMI, Tuesday Assie interest-rate, Wednesday Canada PMI and Aussie employment numbers, nothing Thursday but Friday we have CAD employment which probably will move the market too much. All these events we need not trade but just be aware they may turn the market.
I did not make as many trades last week as I would've liked but with the summer doldrums still in place I'll take whatever pips I can get. Here are a couple of trades I did make.
EURUSD70Tick8_1_2013_zps57983b2d.jpg
[/IMG]

EURUSD70Tick8_2_2013_zps29c3ad94.jpg

Thanks for your reply - actually, you can get it there for just under £15 (in 'used' section, though I suspect they are mostly new).

Karel

Dare I say if you can't afford to buy a new copy of this book you probably should not be trading Forex. In my opinion if you're interest and personality fits scalping then this book is worth paying tenfold for.

Dare I say if you can't afford to buy a new copy of this book you probably should not be trading Forex. In my opinion if you're interest and personality fits scalping then this book is worth paying tenfold for.

Dare I say if you're not buying at value the you probably should not be trading Forex.

-4.3 pips – 5 August 2013

2trade 1 (-8.2 pips) – I missed the initial RB (1) since I wasn’t yet up and running. The RB looked solid enough to take a late entry when price pulled back to the entry point and I got in at 2. I had my tipping point at the level I would have chosen if I’d taken the initial RB. In hindsight I should have been more conservative and placed it just above where I’d entered as it seems pretty logical that I would have moved the tipping point down to that level if I had been in from the beginning.

4trade 2 (3.9 pips) – After the failure to break out to the south, price did a tease break at 3. The upward pressure held and I entered on the next RB. 1.3290 proved to be strong resistance and I closed out after the stall broke down. I moved my tipping point up relatively early in the trade as after the first fast push higher price really slowed down and the lack of volatility made me extra cautious in these lean summer months.

5skip 1 – I skipped the ARB here as Oanda’s spread was 2+ pips here all the way up until 4:00 EDT.

Attachments

• EURUSD_05082013.png
    EURUSD_05082013.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 218
Nothing special today.

HornedGod: the TPT is too aggressive on your second trade.

The fact that there is not much volume/volatility these days isn't in itself enough of a reason to not apply the standard rules for TPT IMO.

Attachments

• 1 - Monday.png
    1 - Monday.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 2 - Monday.png
    2 - Monday.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 3 - Monday.png
    3 - Monday.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 163
This looks like a good setup but there's a lot of minus points to a long here.
1 80 just above.
2 lots of blocking patterns to the left.
3 EU lunch time liquidity was 29% < average according to Forex Factory.
4 US New @ 1.30pm

Attachments

• 6AugT2.png
    6AugT2.png
    18 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
-4.6 pips – 6 August 2013

I know that August is going to be a pretty slow month. Given that, my goal this month is to cut back (or even hopefully eliminate) taking sub-par entries rather than make loads of pips. As I feel the number of tempting trade setups will be rather high but their probability of success will be low given the lack of liquidity and movement in the market.

Today was a perfect example of what I’m taking about. The majority of the bars today were only a pip or two high. There was little to denote a trend.

1 trade 1 (-4.6 pips) – After a five pip range formed I took the RB as support broke. The main con was the price action around the 1.3260 level that has accrued during the 3:00 EDT hour. The main pro was 50 magnet level. After entry price just formed a new range until Italian preliminary GDP data was released at 5:00 EDT. This ended up causing the second range to break out the topside (where I exited) before pushing through above 1.3270. I can see how taking an RB long (at 2) on that second range would have been an acceptable entry point. Was it better than the entry I had taken? Was the micro bull trend during the 3:00 EDT hour enough to have me take only longs?

Attachments

• EURUSD_06082013.png
    EURUSD_06082013.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 168
What made you take that long RB versus the break south out of the previous range 30 minutes earlier?

Hi HornedGod
I had only just sat down a the computer 10-15 minuets before i took the trade,what i meant by first brake was the first brake after the Asian over night (for me) range.

Last edited:
3 trades today, 2 on EUR/USD (one loser, one scratch), 1 on EUR/JPY (winner).

Missed 2 good setups (third chart - didn't take that one although I put the red arrow for some reason) and another one on EUR/JPY that I didn't put up here.

Any comments welcome.

Attachments

• 5 - Friday.png
    5 - Friday.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 6 - Friday.png
    6 - Friday.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 7 - Friday.png
    7 - Friday.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 27 (actual trade).png
    27 (actual trade).png
    30.1 KB · Views: 175
Hi,

just out of curiosity: why is everyone in this thread scaling their charts so flat? I find it much harder to read that way.