Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

There was a great ARB setup in EURJPY a little while ago. It formed and broke very quickly, one would have had to be entirely focused on the market at the time in order to catch it. Unfortunately, I wasn't focused enough, therefore I missed it.

Attachments

• 2012_12_12_EURJPY_MissedTrade.png
    2012_12_12_EURJPY_MissedTrade.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 219
There was a great ARB setup in EURJPY a little while ago. It formed and broke very quickly, one would have had to be entirely focused on the market at the time in order to catch it. Unfortunately, I wasn't focused enough, therefore I missed it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. That market was pretty flat until some big players decided to break barrier options at 83.00 on the USD/JPY. Since the market was mostly waiting for the Fed decision later I used my session to study some previous charts while monitoring the charts.

hey guys,

anybody know what the hell is happening? prices have exploded 3-4h ago and its not stopping (sorry I dont really know where to check for relevant news releases)

hey guys,

anybody know what the hell is happening? prices have exploded 3-4h ago and its not stopping (sorry I dont really know where to check for relevant news releases)

FOMC statement

I use Forex Factory and DailyFX as sources for economic news. I like DailyFX because you can change the time zone and it's easy to look at. I like Forex Factory because they get updates pretty quickly but I can't set the time zone so I use both. You could also try Forex Live but be careful not to get distracted with their news posts on the front page.

Forex Factory
Forex Economic Calendar @ DailyFX
Economic Calendar | ForexLive

I use Forex Factory and DailyFX as sources for economic news. I like DailyFX because you can change the time zone and it's easy to look at. I like Forex Factory because they get updates pretty quickly but I can't set the time zone so I use both.

In the left upper corner your have time options where you can set it to your local time zone, no registration is needed.

One trade today. Missed hitting target by 1-2 pip.

Guess I'll keep watching since EUR/USD seems to be moving quite a bit.

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Untitled picture1.png
    Untitled picture1.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 231
One trade today. Missed hitting target by 1-2 pip.

Guess I'll keep watching since EUR/USD seems to be moving quite a bit.

I took the same trade. I exited around the same level but a little sooner. I exited when the price first dropped below the 20 EMA. Your exit was a bit better though, you gave it a bit more chance to work out.

I took the same trade. I exited around the same level but a little sooner. I exited when the price first dropped below the 20 EMA. Your exit was a bit better though, you gave it a bit more chance to work out.

I moved my tipping point to that level after that pullback to the 20EMA which seemed aggressive to me at the time but I was worried that stalling under the 00 level would bring in sideline bears.

my last post never made it passed the moderator yet. anyway I noticed all the charts posted here have the verital axis compressed. Is there a reason for doing this and is there a chart setting for this? I use ninjatrader so for me to get my charts to match you all have have to drag down the axis.

my last post never made it passed the moderator yet. anyway I noticed all the charts posted here have the verital axis compressed. Is there a reason for doing this and is there a chart setting for this? I use ninjatrader so for me to get my charts to match you all have have to drag down the axis.

You do the same thing on ProRealTime. I have to compress the charts every time I start up the program. I just kind of got used to looking at the charts that way after viewing Bob's charts for awhile.

I have only used this method on the EU and during the US and EURO session. Has anyone ever tested this during the ASIAN session on a yen or aussie pair? I'll work on posting my chart.

I have only used this method on the EU and during the US and EURO session. Has anyone ever tested this during the ASIAN session on a yen or aussie pair? I'll work on posting my chart.

I don't think I have the patience to trade during the Asian session. Most pairs (with <1 pip spread on my platform) look dead to me with the occasional spike from economic news though the EUR/JPY seems to move pretty well.

There was one person that traded the AUD/USD (Mike Kshemaraja) for a bit in this thread:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/discretionary-trading/146302-price-action-scalping-9.html