Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Here is a IRB on the USD/JPY

If I'm not mistaken that looks like a Ww variant which turned into a nice squeeze leading up to the break, closed the trade a +9.

Attachments

• $USDJPY (70 Tick)  06_02_2013.jpg
    $USDJPY (70 Tick) 06_02_2013.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 190
Confusing morning. Took one trade, which revealed itself to be against the dominating pressure. The rest of the charts are simply for show. I'm very interested in how you guys handled it this morning.

I don't trade the London mornings so I'm looking analyzing your charts in hindsight. Days like these (consolidation) are tough to scalp in so you have to keep the bigger picture in mind. You gotta be more careful when trying to long into the highs/short into the lows. That doesn't mean don't trade them at all but just wait for better setups and entries.

Attachments

• USD Spot1.png
    USD Spot1.png
    20 KB · Views: 149
  • USD Spot2.png
    USD Spot2.png
    26 KB · Views: 157
  • USD Spot3.png
    USD Spot3.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Two trades today.

E1 was a bit tricky since there were some traps earlier.
E2 was a bit of a coin flip but I went for it anyway. Now I realize I longed into 40 lvl resistance.

Attachments

• USD Spot5-1.png
    USD Spot5-1.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 151
  • USD Spot4-2.png
    USD Spot4-2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 164
  • USD Spot4-1.png
    USD Spot4-1.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 171
  • USD Spot3-1.png
    USD Spot3-1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 173
  • USD Spot2-1.png
    USD Spot2-1.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 181
  • USD Spot6-1.png
    USD Spot6-1.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 134
Two trades today.

E1 was a bit tricky since there were some traps earlier.
E2 was a bit of a coin flip but I went for it anyway. Now I realize I longed into 40 lvl resistance.

Nice work on the E1 trade. That was a good setup.

I sat on the sidelines today. I couldn't find any setups. However, there was a rather nice RB in EURJPY that broke at 18:00 London time. I was writing up my daily review and I decided to skip it as it was outside my normal trading hours. I knew it was a good setup but I think was making excuses not to take it. Never mind.

Attachments

• 2013_02_06_EURJPY_SkippedTrade.png
    2013_02_06_EURJPY_SkippedTrade.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 158
Hello evreybody,

I want test Volman's setups but I don't find a broker or datafeed with pips instead of pippettes, can somebody help me?
At now I use jforex platform on Dukascopy and ProRealTime on IGgroup and both of them have tick charts but with a precision of 1 pipettes and, you know, it is very hard to recognize Volman's patterns this way. Thank u and sorry for my terrible eng.

Did u guys find something today? Huge movement but I just couldnt find a spot to enter until the very end, I saw a DD. At least I didn't enter just because the overall pressure was incredibly clear, I did wait on the sidelines for a setup.

Attachments

• USD Spot45.png
    USD Spot45.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 232
Did u guys find something today? Huge movement but I just couldnt find a spot to enter until the very end, I saw a DD. At least I didn't enter just because the overall pressure was incredibly clear, I did wait on the sidelines for a setup.

I almost took that one but I decided to skip it. It looks a bit better on your chart but on my chart the dojis weren't very small compared to the pullback. The preceeding move down was also two legged, which I didn't like. In hindsight, it was the wrong decision. I was being too cautious. I need to be less fussy when the market is moving so well.

Luckily, another DD formed in EURJPY about 15 minutes later. I took that one and got 11.9 pips from it.

Attachments

• 78.png
    78.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 210
I almost took that one but I decided to skip it. It looks a bit better on your chart but on my chart the dojis weren't very small compared to the pullback. The preceeding move down was also two legged, which I didn't like. In hindsight, it was the wrong decision. I was being too cautious. I need to be less fussy when the market is moving so well.

Luckily, another DD formed in EURJPY about 15 minutes later. I took that one and got 11.9 pips from it.

Market was moving very well, but the lack of clear setups to enter was also there.
When I see a lack of setups b4 on a good movement, sometimes I find it hard to deem the good setup as valid when it finally arrives, especially because good movements move fast. Il be honest, It wasnt easy to take that DD but in hindsight it was the proper thing to do. it wasnt neither easy to see such movement and not being able to enter b4 but there lays the discipline and trust in our method. Im courious to hear from Giorgi and BLS regarding that trend, or form anyone else, to see if we missed any withtrend setup b4 in that big move.

Last edited:
Market was moving very well, but the lack of clear setups to enter was also there.
When I see a lack of setups b4 on a good movement, sometimes I find it hard to deem the good setup as valid when it finally arrives, especially because good movements move fast. Il be honest, It wasnt easy to take that DD but in hindsight it was the proper thing to do. it wasnt neither easy to see such movement and not being able to enter b4 but there lies the discipline and trust in our method. Im courious to hear from Giorgi and BLS regarding that trend, or form anyone else, to see if we missed any withtrend setup b4 in that big move.

I tend to lose focus on ECB rate decision days because I usually end up watching the ECB press conference. I noticed two possible setups (I skipped that DD for the same reasons virtuesoft did) but only right before they broke out. I wasn't really focused on the charts and I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to risk trading into possible 20 or 00 support so I just let them go. Given the overall bearish pressure though (and hindsight bias) I think these two were tradeable.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    23 KB · Views: 216
I tend to lose focus on ECB rate decision days because I usually end up watching the ECB press conference. I noticed two possible setups (I skipped that DD for the same reasons virtuesoft did) but only right before they broke out. I wasn't really focused on the charts and I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to risk trading into possible 20 or 00 support so I just let them go. Given the overall bearish pressure though (and hindsight bias) I think these two were tradeable.

I like the 1st one, well spotted, good amount of bottom touches, ok squeeze, not easy for me to spot that, need to restudy BB, also an M pattern next to it, def good quality, now I know what to look for on those above the ema pullbacks, thx.
2nd has a weird squeeze.

Hey guys, was there a way to trade that break of 1,34? I know u guys like BBs and IRBs,, so maybe u see something I missed.

Attachments

• USD Spot.png
    USD Spot.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 208
Hey guys, was there a way to trade that break of 1,34? I know u guys like BBs and IRBs,, so maybe u see something I missed.

Hi Ptsnu

Is this the BB you are referring to.

Attachments

• $EURUSD (70 Tick)  08_02_2013.jpg
    $EURUSD (70 Tick) 08_02_2013.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 177
Hi all
I I'm thinking of subscribing to ProReal time charts and using Armada Markets as my broker, and was wondering if anyone on the tread
could compare ProReal time's data price feed with the order book on Armada's home page when the market reopens.

Many thanks.