Bloomberg Terminal

A more detailed look - this is really excellent , exactly what I was looking for, I think - Id like to see what the disclaimers are on the data that is provided particularly the financial reporting stuff. I've enquired about the pricing.

Gamma - cheers for that - its got RNS which is what I was specifically looking for.

Skills I cant do that as if you think that I need to look at say 10-12 sectors, place trades in respect of timings and look at other opportunities - I am out of time. At the moment I work from 8.00am to around 7 - 9 pm everyday 5 days a week and then some over the weekend.

I reckon an assistant would be more cost-effective than Reuters, but good luck with whatever you go for. 8am eh, now there's a luxurious lie-in ;)

A more detailed look - this is really excellent , exactly what I was looking for, I think - Id like to see what the disclaimers are on the data that is provided particularly the financial reporting stuff. I've enquired about the pricing.

Textbook definition of serendipity methinks (or maybe I'm just fantastic at Google searches).

It was pretty much there straight away when I searched. Glad it seems helpful. No idea on costings but I'd be really surprised if it isn't pitched very very competitively compared to Reuters / Bloomberg. And seems far more focused on your own specific needs.

I need mainly economic news + company results data.

I dont agree with your point on the tip of the day at all. It was bloomberg that caused the share drop in the FTSE and S&P index to fall last week . It collapses and then its back to normal.

I think even if you dont trade using Bloomberg, what they say on there has a huge impact on the markets.

I've made huge amounts using the news on there. You only need to hear about the stress tests earlier. Check the Citibank trade. This was put on after they announced that the max capital injection was for Bank of America therefore Citi was less impacted.

I've also made a bit on FX which I dont normally trade using tips from Bloomberg.

Obviously this is not my entire strategy but it enhances my returns.

I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I am convinced that you are full of crap and you ought to keep your mouth shut. You will just confuse and misdirect newbies who are serious about trading :mad:

You do not understand what you are talking about, at all. But what is worse is that you do not understand that you do not understand!:mad::mad:

philly Fed number-that's the service you pay for on bloomberg. -22, no +49, oh no its 22. oops -22. i think it's ok now lads.

Yeah - shocking, but also quite funny. Wouldn't be as funny if I paid the bill for mine directly though that's for sure. Is it me, or is this kinda thing getting more common right now as well?

You are paying for an awful lot of functionality you'll never use if you get Bloomberg. Honestly. Even leaving aside the fact that it's betetr for bond analysis then equities, it's still above your level. And I genuinely don't mean that in a condescending way.

Btw - I just did a quick google search and found this....

Had never heard of it before. Any use?

Alpha | alpha

I took a look at this 2/3 years ago.

Tailored towards the Equity markets and no US data was a showstopper for me. And it was all Java based which just pissed me off at the time.

OTOH, it was about 200 notes a month.

200 sterling? Much more realistic then. Not institutional quality necessarily, but not institutionally priced either. I reckon it could be a good middle ground.

btw, before the inevitable question gets asked, let me just say - I don't work for on behalf of these guys - never even met them, just googled across it.

200 sterling? Much more realistic then. Not institutional quality necessarily, but not institutionally priced either. I reckon it could be a good middle ground.

Basically the 200 GBP is to save you doing some donkey work and getting the information that is aleady in the public domain, and to put it all in a nice wrapper.
Few bells and Whitles like alerts, RNS and there you go.

Apologies folks, I think I have got my wires crossed.

The system I looked at was similar (looked at Alpha too but unsure about the trial... maybe I didn't bother because they were same UK equities focused, can't remember tbh).

I looked at something called KTS market terminal, and they don;t seem to exist anymore.

Sorry for any confusion.

UK's been downgraded lads, everyone cr@p out... oh wait no, sorry there's a 1 in 3 chance they'll get downgraded, which is actually quite positive... cheers RAN et al.

not quite correct. bloomberg said S&P had downgraded the OUTLOOK from stbale to negative. Key is the wording.

not quite correct. bloomberg said S&P had downgraded the OUTLOOK from stbale to negative. Key is the wording.

True, but the way it was said on the squawk it sounded far worse. Either that or I wasn't listening properly. Either way I wasn't in a position so I don't know why I'm moaning.

Anyway Costings are 1900 USD per month -bloomberg - 2 year contract 60 days notice for exit an exit charge of 50% of the remainder of the 2 year contract. There is also VAT on top.

For Reuters 3000 it was around 1000 - 1200 GBP per month. 12 month contract - no exit. + VAT on top.

i use the reuters terminal, its brilliant with news data, absolutely crap with charting but i use esignal for that..

For anyone here that works at Reuters, please could you put auction results in the real-time economic data section, so that the b/c (or o/c), amount and tail pop up instantly... having to scan through the red text in the top right before RAN comes out with it is massively inefficient.

Thanks awfully.

For anyone here that works at Reuters, please could you put auction results in the real-time economic data section, so that the b/c (or o/c), amount and tail pop up instantly... having to scan through the red text in the top right before RAN comes out with it is massively inefficient.

Thanks awfully.

try [DMO]

You don't have to thank me :)

I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I am convinced that you are full of crap and you ought to keep your mouth shut. You will just confuse and misdirect newbies who are serious about trading :mad:

You do not understand what you are talking about, at all. But what is worse is that you do not understand that you do not understand!:mad::mad:

There seems to be quite a lot of people on this board who ;

a) Have big attitudes but can't add up or compute a basic bond duration
b) Think they know everything about trading and can give better advice than everyone else........if anyone was that good they would be probably on a boat or their own island, certainly not posting on this board
c) Trade beer money
d) Think they everyone else trades beer money
e) Think that they trade more beer money than everyone else