Bloomberg Terminal

Seems very cheap (maybe too cheap.) They also look to be connected with RAN seeing as RAN advertises that service on their site.

Talking Forex is good if you trade indices or forex. Just scheduled news and news that has macro-economic impact.

Fly on the Wall is good if you trade stocks. It will drive you crazy if you are trading indices as they talk all the time.

I thought it looked cheap but watch the vids on services and i bet you will sign up.. It's £1 for a months trial and it's returned if you cancel, why the hell not :)

Talking Forex is good if you trade indices or forex. Just scheduled news and news that has macro-economic impact.

Fly on the Wall is good if you trade stocks. It will drive you crazy if you are trading indices as they talk all the time.

Thats just made my day as 75% of my trades are Indicies, it says forex but does it have an Indicies section or is it just basically if it said something like "Important USA news" it would obviously have meaning for Indicies as well as forex, do you use them?

Live news feed....One more complexity to mess up yer mind.
It's already hard enough.
Back in my early days, the news broke that an Aussie bank had made some obscene profit and I thought my options would scream into the money.
Well by midday the shares had tanked substantially enough that my options were worthless.
But I learn't...... boy oh boy, you learn.

I'm concerned that i'd be too lazy to cancel and constantly paying £20 every month. I'll try find out more about it in the next few days.

I'm concerned that i'd be too lazy to cancel and constantly paying £20 every month. I'll try find out more about it in the next few days.

I've just signed and it looks good, it even has this type of alerts on all pairs:

AUD/NZD trades in close proximity to it's 20DMA line of 1.3165

I've just signed and it looks good, it even has this type of alerts on all pairs:

AUD/NZD trades in close proximity to it's 20DMA line of 1.3165

Oh I don't care about that stuff. Can you filter out FX only news so you don't get the indices stuff?

If you have an capitalspreads account this services is free of charge,(y) Trading tools | Capital Spreads

I learnt my lesson with them, but I do still have an account I think.

I'd be wary of any info given to me by a SB company tbh, especially when they win from your losses

Talking-forex.com is owned by ransquawk.com not capitalspreads,I have an account with capitalspread but I don't trade with them.

Last edited:
Think i'll be using Talking Forex in the new year.

I don't try and predict fundamentals unless it's obvious and even then would enter cautiously. An example the last round of QE by the BOE was a give away with all the rhetoric prior to the event.

I like to know what the fundamental prints though to gauge how far it will move price in a direction. And with a paid service you get to hear everything in one place when it happens without searching for it on the internet.

Anyone use Talking Forex?

Talking-forex.com is owned by ransquawk.com not capitalspreads,I have an account with capitalspread but I don't trade with them.

I didn't once sat Talking Forex was owned by CS, i said that i wouldn't use CS's own data that someone mentioned

Think i'll be using Talking Forex in the new year.

I don't try and predict fundamentals unless it's obvious and even then would enter cautiously. An example the last round of QE by the BOE was a give away with all the rhetoric prior to the event.

I like to know what the fundamental prints though to gauge how far it will move price in a direction. And with a paid service you get to hear everything in one place when it happens without searching for it on the internet.

Anyone use Talking Forex?

I have a Ransquawk and a Talking-Forex account. The voice is the same person, but there are more headlines on Ransquawk (it contains the same headlines as TF plus additional ones).

I'll have more time for trading in the New Year and i'm looking for the best option on getting up to date news etc. Currently i just have the times of any important news releases that may effect the markets i trade and set alarms so i know to be out of the market at these time. What would a Bloomberg terminal offer to a day trader, and what benefits would it have?

Hi,

I am canceling my account at Bloomberg (which I have from 2007). According to my agreement with Bloomberg, I have an obligation to continue paying Bloomberg till the end of the agreement. They told me that if I Bring someone that will replace me, I will not have to pay them till the end of agreement. So, If you need Bloomberg Terminal, I will be happy to make a financial arrangement with you.

My mail: [email protected]
Kind regards,
Dov