Bleedin' Septic Tanks

american_flag_babe.jpg

jack_daniels.jpg

4845_M_W_300.png

1) Positive mentality (the American dream etc) - tell someone you trade in this country and they'll say, "Oooooh, that's just gambling." Tell someone in America and they'll want to know how you do it. I expect.
2) Great films (as someone said above). Most films from other countries are plain crap.
3) Cheap petrol. Which means cheap everything else.

Remember though - there's a flipside to all three points you made;

1) They also have a positive attitude towards a lot of undesirable stuff. Like Gun ownership.

2) They have to sanitise and Americanise stuff. Examples? I could say Braveheart / Robin Hood prince of tw@ts, but I actually prefer High Fidelity as an example. Is there a book more rooted in the UK (and particularly in a little corner of North London) than that book. So who ends up in it? Joh Cusack and Jack Black (who, to be fair, was pretty good). And they set it in Chicago for gods sake. I mean, WHY? They kept pretty much the exact same plot, and Nick Hornby is far more widely known over here than over there. Just chuck Colin Firth / Simon Pegg and, I dunno, Anna Friel / Kiera Knightley in it and film on the Holloway Road and it would be a cool movie.
3) Cheap Petrol means fume spewing 4X4s and 'driving season'. No-one over there owns anything smaller than a pickup as soon as you get 100 miles from either coast nowadays. If someone drove a G-Wiz through the streets of Birmingham or Albequerque they'd be burned at the stake. Then shot (legally, with a well maintained high caliber rifle of course).

Name me 3 good things about America;

1:
2:
3:

I can't think of one yet!

1: Unlike England, they don't have the Scottish Mafia running their country.
2: Unlike many Brits, they're prepared to get off their arses and work for what they want.
3: Unlike UK, they don't have our working-class jealousy syndrome: in America you'd be proud to have a moat.

Last edited: