blanc discs not recognised

wasp

Legendary member
Hi all,

If I put a film or audio disc into my e drive, happy days but if i put in a blank disc, it keeps asking me to insert a disc...

any ideas anyone?

i've suffered the same problem when trying to back up data - it's a windows bug apparently. You need to use a non-Microsoft program to transfer the files, assuming that's what you're trying to do, did your pc come with a 3rd party CD-writing program?

I can't even get that far at the moment, it won't even recognise the disc to load it up. If I put it in and then click on the e: drive icon, it tells me to put a disc in and, despite me telling it over and over again in a loud voice that I already have, it just won't believe me?!

are you trying to back-up data to it, or save something on to the disc?

If so, forget the 'My Computer' / Explorer screens and start up a 3rd party CD-writing program. My PC came with 'RecordNow DX' on it, which has a wizard for saving files to disc, I just follow the instructions and it works - it should ask you to insert a disc halfway through the process. I've found this works when I get the same 'Computer Says No' messages from the Windows software.

On the other hand your problem could be something completely different!

Thats a plan...

I copied some films a while back and the software automatically closed the drive draw for me and it worked fine. It (strangely) seems to not work when I close it manually.

Yes I'm backing up data so I shall have a butchers through download.com for some software as mine didn't come with any.

Cheers JOC