Binarybet update

kicking binaries in the nuts :)

sorry guys was waylaid by an inundation of PM chat plus my Sunday lunch and no, before you ask, lets get this straight from the off, it wasn't down any cafe with any chaps...ok!

Right, after rifling through various timeframes on the ftse daily, then comparing the trend there to the binary pricing tick by tick, it struck me that a strategy is indeed possible.

My original interest in binaries, which started a few weeks ago, was based on the premise that the binary pricing model may possibly be a sort of guide to direction on the daily, if you get my drift, anyway this area of interest drew me to reply to Split, as he appeared to be on a similar thought when asking what the binary prices were when the ftse daily traded sideways.

I've come to the tentative conclusion that the pricing model is shot to bits and cannot be relied on to give even the remote possibility of a decent guess as to the direction of the index, in fact it looks like its making it all up as it blunders along, so there lies the basis for a strategy in trading binaries, concentrate on what the daily is actually doing on a high time frame of say an hour, then when the binary engine can't make its mind up which way to go, when it heads the wrong way momentarily, kick em hard, where it hurts...oof! yeah, I like it!

I will endeavor to put my thoughts to paper with charts but I warn you all now I'm notoriously useless at this, get bored easily when the braincells hurt, so dont hold your breath for too long on this :)

Lightning

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck with my method? (Not looking for feedback, per se, as I know it can work; just that it's a lot of hassle.)

Re: kicking binaries in the nuts :)

I've come to the tentative conclusion that the pricing model is shot to bits and cannot be relied on to give even the remote possibility

There's nothing wrong with the pricing model. The problem is in thinking that there is predictive power in something that is a function of price and volatility. Binaries follow the price and not vice versa.

Last edited: