BIG FTSE 100 gamble.....

aqfro

Hi folks, I hope you're all well. As a newbie to Spreadbetting I have a question. If theoretically I was willing to risk getting the timing right and short the FTSE100 for £1000 per point with a 200 point guaranteed stop/loss would a broker accept the bet and what would I have to watch out for on the brokers side? Am I simplifying things too much by thinking that if I get the timing right, put on the bet and then the index fell between 100 and 300 points I'd be set to to the tune of £100-£300,0000? Obviously the risk would be huge but so would the possible gain. Anything except for risk that I'm missing out of the equation? All thoughts gratefully accepted. Take it easy. :cheesy:

Any decent spread betting company will happily take that for you given sufficient margin, no worries. That only corresponds to 100 lots, which although a bit for ftse future to absorb without slippage it really ain't that much - bear in mind it does 250k lots most days...

I know at least one trader on here who does 40 lot clips regularly, and I know plenty of traders who'll have much much bigger positions...

Basically, I don't think you realise what big is :)

IG Index were happy to take on a £300,000 per point bet from Mike Ashley on HBOS shares. (Think he lost in the region of £300 million!) So you won't have any probs with £1000 pp on the ftse.

What level are you considering shorting?
Or are you actually just a massive no0b to trading?
Tell us your plans because i just want to make sure your not making a massive mistake x x x

As for size, my dad trades £500pp sometimes on the FTSE100 so its cool dawg x

If you got the cash, they'll take the bet.

I could think of better things to do with the money though...

IG Index were happy to take on a £300,000 per point bet from Mike Ashley on HBOS shares. (Think he lost in the region of £300 million!) So you won't have any probs with £1000 pp on the ftse.

all went a bit quiet that...reckon a settlement of sorts was reached, really wanted to see that fat fooker buried along with that joke of a footy club he's now trying to flog for 100 mill...despite it owing him 250mil...:LOL:

Any decent spread betting company will happily take that for you given sufficient margin, no worries. That only corresponds to 100 lots, which although a bit for ftse future to absorb without slippage it really ain't that much - bear in mind it does 250k lots most days...

I know at least one trader on here who does 40 lot clips regularly, and I know plenty of traders who'll have much much bigger positions...

I once metioned to a trader contact that I was considering 'going big' with a bet of ten quid a pip on oil...:LOL:

What the in the world is a 40 lot clip ?
thank you