Best Place to Find out Important Data Release that would affect Forex

monkey180

Hi there,

I trade Forex, and when certain news comes out it pushes everything out of normal nice conditions.

Where is the best place to find out, where the most relevant releases are, the ones that would make the markets jump.

I know at the moment all the stuff in the Euro is pushing it about, but would like to know the regular releases, e.g No Farm Pay Rolls, and therefore know which days to avoid trading.

Thanks

You reckon just avoid the High Impact?

As trying to avoid all the news would mean that you never do any trading at all.

Also would you avoid trading in any day with a High Impact, or just around the time?

Thanks

You reckon just avoid the High Impact?

As trying to avoid all the news would mean that you never do any trading at all.

It's hard to give advice, you might trade in a very different way to me, so I think experience will teach you what you need to pay attention to and how to trade it/when not to.

Personally I have all except the yellow low impact ones for currencies that are relevant to me, which means I see all the US news, and EUR and GBP (not really interested in Aussie news for example, so I filter that out). The white ones may seem unnecessary, but they will also include things like bank Holidays in France or Germany or USA that it is good to be reminded of.

I wouldn't avoid trading during a day with high impact, because that would end up being most days, but I don't enter a position just before a big announcement or for a little while after, and if I was already in a position, I'd take some profit (or loss) off. It can really move some...