best pair to trade in the evening (GMT)

price777999

Established member
which forex pair would you recomend to trade between about 5 and 11 pm GMT .

Im back working full time now so cant trade mornings :mad: .........oh well such is life.

obvious answer is to trade the most traded, EUR/USD. TBH if I was you I'd trade it of an evening (day trade) and swing it longer term. Could you keep a weather eye on it without it impacting your work..?

obvious answer is to trade the most traded, EUR/USD. TBH if I was you I'd trade it of an evening (day trade) and swing it longer term. Could you keep a weather eye on it without it impacting your work..?

cheers mate ......by longer term do you mean 4h charts ? that could be a posability ....i was also thinking USD/CHF and gold might be good options ?

checking charts at work is prety impossible ..........workin with steel & concrete (n)

cheers mate ......by longer term do you mean 4h charts ? that could be a posability ....i was also thinking USD/CHF and gold might be good options ?

checking charts at work is prety impossible ..........workin with steel & concrete (n)

Yep could be, although anywhere from 2-4 hr TFS works IMHO. You could set alarms etc to give you a nudge...as for gold and Swissys...

OK, I don't trade gold, used to buy the physical stuff, but not for a while. I'll only get excited again when Elizabeth Duke are out of Sovs...:LOL: Acutally there's a serious point in that attempt at humour...;)

As for the Swissy it can be a tw@t of a pair, accepted wisdom is "Oh look, when EUR/USD does one thing the Swissy does the other, fill your boots..." ...only takes the Swissy bank to step in (and they do at any time) to mess that plan up. Point is don't get to wedded to that pair's correlation with EU, if you're *wrong* on EU you could be wrong on Swissy...

Why not take a swing position on EU and try and play it off 5-15 mins in the evening. Have to say I'm fast approaching the opinion that scalping is a complete and utter cockin waste of time until the US markets kick in, so you may get a few good opps. late evening, It'll be a slower moving market but heh if the spread's OK that's not nec. a bad think when you've got to do a night shift after burying folk in concrete all day.

Good luck bud...

Try looking at basic trends on EURUSD on the Daily chart and place orders based on the perceived trend, using appropriate stoplosses. That's what I'd do if I had to go to a "work" (whatever that is). :D

when you've got to do a night shift after burying folk in concrete all day.

Black swan,
I knew you had underworld connections connections
I will just have to remember never to upset you

If you're intraday trading, I would avoid times after 9pm and 5-6pm is basically lunch so can be a bit choppy. Does it have to be forex? Why not trade the Dow? Easier than forex imho, and you often get a good move in the last hour and a half.

Last edited:
Black swan,
I knew you had underworld connections connections
I will just have to remember never to upset you

Lol not me mate, I'm a pussycat...one of those weird hybrid Savannahs or Bengals, (not really suitable to ever be domesticated), but a pussycat all the same...;) price777999 mentioned he worked with concrete and metal all day..thought I'd make a joke out of it...my humour is an epic fail on 'ere...:LOL: