Best Economic & Fundamental Analysis books

Because most people don't understand the fundamentals and lack the patients and intelligence required to master the art of comprehending anything. Case of micro chip revolution where instant knowledge and digital gratification is an essential ingredient and anything that takes longer than 7 seconds is forgotten as people move on.

I look at peoples faces and they all look like dorks to me.

Rather than reading a book I'd recommend the Investors Chronicle and the Economist. Read these publications with a view to digesting the subject material. Don't just read.

Having said that fundamental analysis is pretty useless if you want to trade the markets. Technical analysis is far superior imo.

FA is only good if you want to trade company shares, read balance sheets and look at company earnings with market stats etc.

Finally, there is no such thing as best as there is no one FA. Life is not like the Matrix and I suspect you aren't exactly the one looking for the holy grail... There are 00s of FA. More a case of what will do. Suits you sir... :cheesy:

Just incase I'm wrong I'd be grateful if you let me know when you do find it... (y)

"Because most people don't understand the fundamentals and lack the patients and intelligence required to master the art of comprehending anything"

Yes ,and most of them can't spell worth a damn either ...spelling 101 for you petal ..here we go ..."Patience"

;)

I don't know about other browsers, but Firefox has a built-in spell-checker.

(but any of my spelling errors are not spelling errors, but typos :LOL: )

I don't know about other browsers, but Firefox has a built-in spell-checker.

(but any of my spelling errors are not spelling errors, but typos :LOL: )

My friend Chump is far superior to any built in spell checker. His words are far more eloquent and I am much less likely to make that mistake again. :eek:

Three sentences? I think I would require an entire forum dedicated to what I read in order to provide a summary that would be deserving of the message of the various authors.

Unluckily for me, I have no swimming pool to jump into - so I guess it means I will go back to reading - in an attempt to finish off the second half of the financial related books that Amazon has.

why don't you do an economics degree part time with open university or something.
Just look at one market , find a site which has all of the econ news on it, it think forex factory does and see how it reacts to those announcements.

That or that macro global thingy

Hi Rory,
I'd recommend Ben Graham's Intelligent Investor, Jim Slater's Zulu Principle, Peter Lynch's One Up On Wall Street, Malkiel's A Random Walk Down Wall Street.
If you want to read about market psychology and bubbles then JK Galbraith's Crash of 29 and Charles McKay's The Madness of Crowds.
They are all easy to read, but give you a very good understanding of equity markets.
Regards,
Umart

Three sentences? I think I would require an entire forum dedicated to what I read in order to provide a summary that would be deserving of the message of the various authors.

Unluckily for me, I have no swimming pool to jump into - so I guess it means I will go back to reading - in an attempt to finish off the second half of the financial related books that Amazon has.

If you were in the UK, I would have love to learn from you :)

Well clearly some are better than others, but just a few hours of researching the books on amazon will give you a better feel. Also, you can immediately eliminate some of the books if you have a preference for fixed income, derivatives, equity, etc. My goal was to gain an inter-connected view of the markets so I thought it made sense to read about everything.

Thank you for your suggestions, I have read a few of them. Was still pretty new to trading when I posted my question. I guess I was looking for information on economic indicators more than anything else and didn't quite know what to ask for. The thread took off a number of months after I had posted :LOL: