'Best' company for intraday Indexes

Thanks Adrian,

Yes that makes perfect sense, though you might want to make a note on your rate card (perhaps there is, I didnt go all the way to the bottom once I had seen my instruments of choice).

This is very interesting, I'm actually thinking it could be used quite effectively for a variety of things oustide regular 'trading' type activities. Can't help wondering if the governement are going to *&^% all over it if people start taking money out of traditional vehicles and placing it here.

I seem to remember in the UK they relaxed taxes after introducing a state run lottery (and with much lobbying from traditional gambling outfits)? Easily reversed I guess. As it stands now an attractive proposition (for 250+ 'traders').

Cheers.

Jack o'Clubs said:
Hi DCarrigan,

Yes, like you they started me off with 0.24 on the FTSE (ie 0.48 round-turn) for my first month trading, but my volumes are under the 250-lots/month so they've moved me down to 0.4 on the FTSE (0.8 R/T). I'm still using them as it remains better than the normal 2-pt FTSE spread from a S/B co. I did get a courtesy call from them explaining why they were moving me down and the vols I needed to be doing to be on the lower spread, and they also said that if my vol was normally over 250-lots, but fell below for something like a holiday, then they'd take that into account, so I'd imagine if you call them they would do something for you (particularly if the alternative was taking your business elsewhere).

I'll have a look at World Spreads, if only 1pt FTSE, but I really like the market-depth platform of TwoWayFutures - being able to put the order in the book and work it through, rather than take a price at a moment in time, I find hugely useful. As Arbitrageur says, you also have the reassurance of trading the underlying market rather than a s/b price which may be skewed, requoted, etc.

Arbitrageur - the way it works is that you trade on the market depth screen, but they automatically add your spread to the underlying quote - so for example if the FTSE future bid/offer is 6100.0/6100.5 you'll see 6099.6/6100.9 on your screen.
thanks for the reply. i have being doing a lot of trade on dow approx 150 lots a month have made over 50% of my deposit. but think the 4 spread is to much considering they have my money interest free. will be a lot harder to achive my target with 4 spread.

maybe so, but remember that worldspreads with their 1pts spread are making their money by betting against you - ie: they win when you lose, since they arent making money from a conventional "spread".

this means you will be subject to the usual games SB play to try and make sure you lose and they win: slewed prices, snapshot prices, requotes etc.

dont underestimate the value of trading the underlying as opposed to the synthetic market that an SB company makes.

Arbitrageur said:
maybe so, but remember that worldspreads with their 1pts spread are making their money by betting against you - ie: they win when you lose, since they arent making money from a conventional "spread".

this means you will be subject to the usual games SB play to try and make sure you lose and they win: slewed prices, snapshot prices, requotes etc.

dont underestimate the value of trading the underlying as opposed to the synthetic market that an SB company makes.
thanks for your comments. was happy with platform and spread as i mainly do the dow but 4points to 1 point is a lot. will watch w spreads to see any mark ups.