Belflan's US stock swing trades

Did you short them to day ? if yes then may GOD help you as this is the worse time to open a short portfolio ,, you never ever ever short when market is weak you must short when every one is buying

Grey1

yes opened today based on above post

I have explained this so many times i am going to give up soon

Grey1

my understanding is that you are still 100% short, looking for a drop to the 11600 level to close 75% of your position

the only reason i am not already short is due to the software problems

Glen

sorry you mean they are day trade if yes then that is OK 100% as long as they are not swing trade

grey1

no, there still swing trades, just shorter term. (you must think it is wrong to do this, I'll look for an exit)

cheers
Glen

I guess the 10min turn didn't really work out as I thought. doh:rolleyes:

all trades exited at market close for loss of = $492

A'hole trading

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Did you short them to day ? if yes then may GOD help you as this is the worse time to open a short portfolio ,, you never ever ever short when market is weak you must short when every one is buying

I have explained this so many times i am going to give up soon

Grey1

Thanks for your post Grey1,

What you say above seems obvious to me now,

however I think it only seems obvious to me now, because you posted it.

maybe this is why traders struggle with your strategies, unless you mentor them

Also as you've said before trying to do this part-time will probibly not work (full time commitment is required)

cheers
Glen

Last edited:
weak list stocks showing weakness in relation to the market attached

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 15
''risk associated with NEW levels of volatility which is beyond historical cycle on the weekly , Monthly and daily chart. These levels could even further increase and the down ward reward no longer justifies to have an open position ,,''

''I am not going to take any position till the volatility reduces as well as the market mode turns into technical from purely a NEWS and DATA driven market,, ''

The above comments were written by Grey1,

Attached is the Daily and weekly charts for the INDU, with ATR showing 290 on daily chart and 571 on weakly chart. (i need to get more data to see how signficant this volatility is with regard to the history of the INDU, although it looks very high)

I also need to understand better what Grey1 means about ''downward reward no longer justifies to have an open position''

How is he measuring 'downward reward' (prices of stocks within his portfolio against his target prices?) does he think this could be the bottom (many of his targets already hit)

so Grey1 is sitting on the sidelines for the minute (for Swings) and who would argue / trade against Grey's view point?

in my inexperience I would be thinking that the MACCI daily is heading O/B and I would be looking for a short entry on its turn (but only a fool IMHO would go against Grey's take on US stocks,)

so for now i'm out

I've learnt a huge amount in a short period of time thanks to G1 and the members of this board

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Running total (Review)

Review of test

Total trades so far = 21

Winning trades = 15
Losing trades = 6

Account at start (30th Jan 2007) = $30,000

Account size today = $36,087

therefore profit to date = $6,087 (approx 20% increase on a/c size)

E-Curve

Largest peek to valley draw down = $3,248

Largest valley to peek rise = $8,492

lessons learnt / things to be worked on

1. I must be more patient when waiting for technicial market set up's / entries
2. I must continue to listen to Grey1's advice
3. must continue to develop my skills in reading market's fundamental direction (based on interest rates, housing etc)
4. Must continue to study and watch market cycles (and the role of volatility within cycles)
5. And when I get time will develop my stock section skills (based on FA, CAPM etc)

Glen

Last edited:
Another one/two day rise in the dow must look good for a short entry?????? loooking for market to make another bottom.

but i'll stick with Grey's advice

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
Another one/two day rise in the dow must look good for a short entry?????? loooking for market to make another bottom.

but i'll stick with Grey's advice

Glen

Volatility and the number of FED related news is huge and I personally have not seen any thing like it last past 8 years. I therefore only intra day trade with much smaller size than my swings.

Recession is not going away and cannot be deleted with interest rate cut OVER NIGHT . The steps taken by FED only increases MARKET VOLATILITY for short term traders like ourselves,, so perhaps it is best to stay out and be in CASH until we can tame the volatility or we have further evidence of credit crunch spillage across other sectors such as TECH which we still know very very little about ,,

Grey1

no trades, as Grey1 says

but I'll keep an eye on these top 14 weak stocks over the next few days/ weeks

indu macci day o/b at present =104 & at previous turn level

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 11
the only way is down, surely

que the rally!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi Paul,

i guess you have to make a call one way or the other, or you would never enter a trade

cheers
Glen

There are many times when you can't make a call because you don't have the kind of information you are looking for.

"I don't know" is a call.
Staying out is a position.
Waiting is a big part of trading.

Glenn

There are many times when you can't make a call because you don't have the kind of information you are looking for.

"I don't know" is a call.
Staying out is a position.
Waiting is a big part of trading.

Glenn

agree, i guess the waiting bit comes with experince, something i need to work on

cheers
Glen

no trades, as Grey1 says

but I'll keep an eye on these top 14 weak stocks over the next few days/ weeks

indu macci day o/b at present =104 & at previous turn level

Glen

These are not trades (not even paper trades)

if entered these 14 trades would be $2,013 up

just keeping on eye on them

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 4