Becoming a successful forex trader

Zupcon

U hang around with the competition so I am gonna have to pass , cause that is all the competition needs

I will give u a clue...it uses 20 of the USEFUL working indicators and calculates

OILFXPRO

Everyone I hang around with could answer the question in a heartbeat. Lets hear your take on this. There's no trade secrets being disclosed here, its a simple question.

Lets not get into the intricacies of combining 20 indicators, lets just stick to 2 for the time being. People are going to start to think that you cant answer because you simply don't have the first clue, come on, prove us all wrong.

==============================================================

fundamentals, at its simplest, can alter market direction, although it will always happen at a technical go/no go point and tends then to be a longer lasting situation, as one could see from a multi year chart of eurusd, for instance, BUT one cannot tradeit to its next "change" without using technicals.

Knowledge of fundamentals is hindsight weapon and prearms the technical trader

as far as your EA is concerned, although i am not privy to EXACTLY how you trade and therefore have no visulization, trading the technicals simply doesnt require fundamentals, because the technicals will encompass whatever the moves are !

Knowledge of fundamentals helps, if 10 year yield in U S are rising and your short term charts hit a resistence point prematurely, look at your 10 year treasuries

HOW DO YOU ARRIVE AT AN EXIT POINT, KNOW WHEN THE CURRENCY WILL REVERSE INTRADAY, OR THE SLEW OF OTHER THINGS A CURRENCY DOES --

I have several exit methods ......if minimum profit target is achieved the OILFXPRO pro stop loss (coded in the EA) waits for a reversal.It is like a trailing stop loss but different., Then I have an exit manager which uses exit manager analysis using t/a and f/a plus s/r plus atr.There is a profit manager which uses random ATR

mp

OILFXPRO

Everyone I hang around with could answer the question in a heartbeat. Lets hear your take on this. There's no trade secrets being disclosed here, its a simple question.

Lets not get into the intricacies of combining 20 indicators, lets just stick to 2 for the time being. People are going to start to think that you cant answer because you simply don't have the first clue, come on, prove us all wrong.

Never give the competition an inch cause the inch is all they need

OILFXPRO:devilish:

Never give the competition an inch cause the inch is all they need

OILFXPRO:devilish:

Even Steintz could probably take a reasonable shot at coming up with an answerer, we are not discussing anything thats not covered extensively in standard texts. So answer the question. What's the problem, did you fall asleep at school ?

Regarding the combination of fundamentals and technicals, it makes absolutely no sense at all unless you apply this to the correct time frames, and if your looking at anything intra day, the trends generated by fundamentals have no significant bearing on technical trades. If you'd done 2 minutes of actual research for yourself rather than reading opinion in half baked text books you'd be well aware of that fact.

In simple terms that you might understand, you can quite happily trade technically against the long term fundamentals with absolutely no detriment whatsoever. If you'd actually spend 2 minutes doing a bit of basic research you'd know that.

Regarding the combination of fundamentals and technicals, it makes absolutely no sense at all unless you apply this to the correct time frames, and if your looking at anything intra day, the trends generated by fundamentals have no significant bearing on technical trades.
In simple terms that you might understand, you can quite happily trade technically against the long term fundamentals with absolutely no detriment whatsoever. If you'd actually spend 2 minutes doing a bit of basic research you'd know that.

NOT MUCH ONE CAN ADD TO THAT BY GOLLY !

enjoy

mp

Even Steintz could probably take a reasonable shot at coming up with an answerer, we are not discussing anything thats not covered extensively in standard texts. So answer the question. What's the problem, did you fall asleep at school ?

Regarding the combination of fundamentals and technicals, it makes absolutely no sense at all unless you apply this to the correct time frames, and if your looking at anything intra day, the trends generated by fundamentals have no significant bearing on technical trades. If you'd done 2 minutes of actual research for yourself rather than reading opinion in half baked text books you'd be well aware of that fact.

Fundamentals in simple terms, only matter over long time frames - p/e ratios, balance sheets, insiders/outsiders, what the directors had for breakfast..none of its any use for a short term trading decision. The stock buying public - or at least the " clued up " ones have well realised that as far as the stock market is concerned - where " buy and hope " is the prevailing strategy - well thats why theyre all seeking better ROR thru vehicles like CFDs and spreadbetting etc etc -
By its inherent nature when you buy something " first " - you can only make money when the price goes UP - no wonder everyone is so keen on learning to trade these days -and its just great..!!
Funny how those " bastions of proberty called Banks and stockbrokers " all used to " knock " SB etc etc as somehow " second rate or cheap " to the services they provide - now they all have platforms and are getting in on the act - Barclays, TD Waterhouse, all of em..!! :-0

Zupcon

My expert advisor uses a combination of time frames from 1.5.15,30 ,60 and 1440 time frames.It trades both with and against fundamentals, some of the shorter time frame contrarian settings use lower ratings for fundamental bias

OILFXPRO

Zupcon

My expert advisor uses a combination of time frames from 1.5.15,30 ,60 and 1440 time frames.It trades both with and against fundamentals, some of the shorter time frame contrarian settings use lower ratings for fundamental bias

OILFXPRO

Fundamentals have have no effect on technical signals on a 1 or 5 minute chart. Trading with or against is statistically insignificant, and as such the concept of trading with or against is totally pointless.

There is therefore no need to apply any bias, because what you are doing has no statistical significance at all, bit I'm starting to suspect you don't actually understand what that means :LOL:

Here's a tip for you, time frames are related by the square root of their ratio, so why you'd deliberately go out of your way to make life additionally harder by analyzing information in time frames some bucket shop broker wishes to see is absolutely beyond me.

You claim your design is statistically based, so come on, prove to us all you at least understand the basics. Answer the original question. How do you combine the probabilities in the example I gave you. Come on we are waiting, its not rocket science.

Fundamentals have have no effect on technical signals on a 1 or 5 minute chart. Trading with or against is statistically insignificant, and as such the concept of trading with or against is totally pointless.

There is therefore no need to apply any bias, because what you are doing has no statistical significance at all, bit I'm starting to suspect you don't actually understand what that means :LOL:

Here's a tip for you, time frames are related by the square root of their ratio, so why you'd deliberately go out of your way to make life additionally harder by analyzing information in time frames some bucket shop broker wishes to see is absolutely beyond me.

You claim your design is statistically based, so come on, prove to us all you at least understand the basics. Answer the original question. How do you combine the probabilities in the example I gave you. Come on we are waiting, its not rocket science.

If u are entering a position against a major trend /channel AT A RESISTANCE LEVEL , on the 1 m chart your F/A bias is lower wheras if u are entering a position in the direction of the trend your F/A bias is higher

OILFXPRO

Mp -- Now Wait A Minute -- Its All Coming Back !

SOMEONE DO A CHECK ON OILY ON THE OTHER SITES --- I REMEMBER THIS NONSENSE ABOUT HIS EA AND SOME WILD EXCHANGES OVER ON THE OTHERS.

I BELIEVE ONE WILL FIND THE RESEARCH RATHER INTERESTING, AND VERY MUCH FUN.

i dont know this sites policy about other sites, so i shall not name it (actually two, which are tied together)

seek and yee shall find LOTS of fun !

MP

SOMEONE DO A CHECK ON OILY ON THE OTHER SITES --- I REMEMBER THIS NONSENSE ABOUT HIS EA AND SOME WILD EXCHANGES OVER ON THE OTHERS.

i dont know this sites policy about other sites, so i shall not name it (actually two, which are tied together)

MP

LOAD OF NONSENSE IN THIS POST

oilfxpro

Zupcon

With all due respect to u and I would like to share this trade secret with u.

We made an indicator called pro-trader , it calculates all the anylysis and combines the two different types of anylysis and triggers a trade.The indicator alone cost 800 euros to code

It is all a trade secret at the moment.IT IS THE NEXT GENERATION OF EXPERT ADVISORS PRO-EXPERT-ADVISORS

OILFXPRO

WTF? Next Generation? LOL!!!

Hint on the problem that zupcon set you: use a venn diagram if you need to . . .

MP

It is ok to post other sites as long as its done in moderation and we don't think that you are advertising etc.

Argument is ok too as long as it doesn't get down to personal insults (I have nearly edited a couple of posts in this thread) or get boring. Once the same argument has been said 3 different ways it gets boring and invites removal to get the conversation back on track.

One side of the line is "this post is a load of nonsense" ... the other is "the poster is a moron." Not that either is much of an argument of course.

=-==================================================================

I have shown you charts which INCLUDE all types of fundamental situations --- news releases, downside moves on the dollar, fed presidents wearing the wrong ties, etc ---- what you see before you is a roadmap --- it shows trend and it shows "normal" support and resistance points for the currency pairs and pretty much spells out how one can trade these currencies, in two different timeframes.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Maybe u should look at the correct data ie CPI,UNEMPLOYMENT,10 YEAR YIELDS,UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AND NEW JOBS

Bloomberg.com: Market Data

If one had their fundamental anylysis correctly many months ago they would not have to look at charts .If u looked at us 10 year yields which were at 5.75% and are now at 3.32% =2.4% reduction*10 year = 24 %,Add that 24 % to euro usd at 1.30/1.36 ,u arrive at 1.61 for euro usd but that figure is normally discounted.

The predictable and expected interest rate differential is your road map , and sets your chart patterns and trends.It is nice to know your chart patterns before they happen and fundamental anylysis will pre-arm u,well before the historical charts tell u anything

It is all about interest rate differentials .Go listen to bloomberg ....why is dollar dropping ...cause some smart technical witchdoctor is playing vodoo science on forex .In the real world it is "U S interest rates are expected to drop further or rise in the future"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...oming-successful-forex-trader.html#post403347

OILFXPRO

==============================================

someone check forex tsd and see what they find -- i would but in middle of trading at this second

mp

This is from TSD, and a good indication of how operates. Says it all really.

"El Cid was banned permanently from the forum. Reason?
I deleted many his commercial threads where he was trying to collect 200,000 dollars from forum members trying to sell EAs based on backtesting results only.
When professional commercial scammer is warning members about scam so it is nonsense."

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from TSD, and a good indication of how this clown operates. Says it all really.

"El Cid was banned permanently from the forum. Reason?
I deleted many his commercial threads where he was trying to collect 200,000 dollars from forum members trying to sell EAs based on backtesting results only.
When professional commercial scammer is warning members about scam so it is nonsense."

Who posted these lies?Who did get $200,000 from readers in kickbacks?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ing-forex-tsd-forex-factory-4.html#post403653

Where is the evidence ?

No evidence .Where is the evidence .No evidence

Why are some trying to ruin this thread?Other people want to read this thread without people posting?

OILFXPRO

Last edited by a moderator:
Mp -- I Thought I Remembered Him !

Who posted these lies?Who did get $200,000 from readers in kickbacks?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ing-forex-tsd-forex-factory-4.html#post403653

Where is the evidence ?

No evidence .Where is the evidence .No evidence

Why are some trying to ruin this thread?Other people want to read this thread without people posting?

OILFXPRO

From somewhere I remember running into Oily, and while i didnt remember exactly what it was, i did remember it was "something" ------ therefore this whole silly arguement appears as a underside to the sale of his MIGHTY EA, which has not yet ever proven it works in real life.

Sorry folks for the garbage --- I should have realized what was going on and simply forgot !

but at least it shows which side of the scales I sit on
!

enjoy and trade well my friends

mp

Hi folks

This morning US yields are up to 3.37% from 3.32% and Usd gains 70 pips vs Euro

OILFXPRO

Attachments

• YIEDS 3.37% CHART.jpg
    YIEDS 3.37% CHART.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 178
  • YIELDS.jpg
    YIELDS.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 181
Hi folks

This morning US yields are up to 3.37% from 3.32% and Usd gains 70 pips vs Euro

OILFXPRO

tell you what, oilfxpro, why don't you cut to the chase and tell us how much you charge for this, notwithstanding of course that you don't have the foggiest about summing the probabilities of two independent events.