Barred!

It's part of the FSA crackdown. New money laundering laws came into effect from April 08 to counteract funding of terrorism (yeah right!). The FSA guidelines state that ID is needed for basically everything now- normally a passport- but most people just aren't doing it. these tw@s seem to be abusing it and they should have asked you for it when you deposited the guineas.

This is all bull. FSA has regulations requiring firms to identify clients properly, but this should have been done when the account was opened. Once they have identified their client, there is neither obligation nor necessity to do it again every time a transfer is made. If the bank account, or card used, was different they could require evidence that it is in teh same name as the account holder, but that's it.

This is all bull. FSA has regulations requiring firms to identify clients properly, but this should have been done when the account was opened. Once they have identified their client, there is neither obligation nor necessity to do it again every time a transfer is made. If the bank account, or card used, was different they could require evidence that it is in teh same name as the account holder, but that's it.

The client has to update the info once per year by providing a picture ID with a recent pic and a recent utility bill or something to prove still at same address.

I dont understand why they dont think international terrorist wont be able to falsify these things but there you go

The point of all rules and regulations is just to make the lives of the law-abiding majority a bit more complicated, miserable and expensive, while making absolutely no difference to any criminals, terrorists or money-launderers.

I am not surprised , everytime i want to open an account they ask for ID and proof of address b4 they open the account for me , i am not a UK resident ofcourse ...

The point of all rules and regulations is just to make the lives of the law-abiding majority a bit more complicated, miserable and expensive, while making absolutely no difference to any criminals, terrorists or money-launderers.

Well said !!!