Bad trading day

Will exercise and improved fitness make you a better trader? Difficult one that. I would suggest exercise and improving your physical fitness makes you feel better physically and also mentally. If you feel better mentally, your psychological disposition when trading must also improve, even if it's only feeling less wretched on a losing run.

I think being in at least decent physical condition will definitely help. Better circulation, better flow of oxygen to the brain, more focus.

Also definitely agree with the points about drinking plenty of water and eating sensibly. That said, though, I do wonder if trading very slightly tipsy to take the edge off nerves might work well...

rnicoll said:
the market just didn't want to work for me.

It never does, you work for/with it.

Ah yes. If the market wants to go up/down, it doesn't matter how much you're sure it should be going down/up, it's going to do it anyway :)

Trading is often (always?) about a process of discovery. The discovery process is unique to the individual concerned. This is your experience. Don't let anyone rob you of it. I see it as a rights of passage. Enjoy the trip!

CB. Still traveling. :)

Just my own views mate. all the best.

I think one of the most important rules I've learnt is that if it works for you, don't let anyone tell you to stop doing it because it doesn't work :-D I've had some of my best successes trading some mix of day trading and swing trading, and so far every book I've seen more or less goes "Nooo, don't do that!"

As it stands, I'm taking a break for other reasons; I'm doing a full time job, part time degree, and trying to code trading algorithms, exhausted does not even begin to describe my current state. I'll be back once I've had some time off though :)