Average monthly pips profit

What is your average monthly pips profit?

• Less than 100 pips

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Less than 200 pips greater than 100 pips

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Less than 300 pips greater than 200 pips

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Less than 400 pips greater than 300 pips

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Less than 500 pips greater than 400 pips

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Less than 600 pips greater than 500 pips

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • More than 600 pips

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

leverage

I have also read that professionals and firms make 400+ pips monthly while intermediate level players produce less than that.

I just want to know what others are making out there. So please share, or if you agree/disagree let me know.

thanks in advance :D

Pips made per month is meaning less.

A swing trader can make a lot more pips than a day trader. But still make less $ profit (due to $ per pip traded).

A trader that trades all of EUR,GBP,CAD,JPY is probably going to make a lot more pips
than a trader who only trades EUR.

Whats important is how much risk you took and how much reward you got for your risk, how many oppurtunties you got, and how much of your account you bet on each trade.

Average monthly pips on majors

Well I guess I should restate the question poll and say "Average monthly pips profit on MAJORS"
But probab;ly doesn't mater much because most people trade majors anyways.

The majors include Eur/Usd, Usd/Jpy, Gbp/Usd, Usd/Chf, Usd/Cad, Aud/Usd, Eur/Jpy, Eur/Gbp, Eur/Chf, Gbp/Jpy.

:)

Long Euro/Usd from here

Its presently 1.3260 Eur/Usd and I'm long. I'm expecting for 1.3390-1.34

You've missed 1.34+ ... that was yesterday! :)

I am short from 1.3450 hoping for 1.3150 and half-wishing I'd closed at 1.3192 when I had the chance about 3 hours ago ... I think you must be expecting a longer-term trade than mine ...

Have you never encountered the term 'negative profit'?

I believe it was pioneered by Pan Am.

Ha! I snorted soda through my nose, because I laughed so hard at the title of this thread. Ouch - Ouch! (As though I had any 'average profitable' pips to count......) LOL
JO

Well I'm still holding onto those longs, and expecting it to rise to 1.3400 level. Eur/Usd. Are you still holding on short to it Roberto?

leverage said:
Well I'm still holding onto those longs, and expecting it to rise to 1.3400 level.
I think you're probably right.

leverage said:
Are you still holding on short to it Roberto?
No, I closed at 1.3280, still wishing I'd taken the chance to close earlier in the day at 1.3192 as I said :(

I'm not at all proud of the way I handled this trade, but I'd rather screw up for + 170 pips than get stopped out on a loser. Looks like we both end up with a decent profit, anyway :)

Hopefully a retracement back to 1.34 is going to happen soon. but with more real market moving data tomorrow well have to wait and see.

I'm still waiting for that 1.3390 or about to be printed. Oh well, with market news coming in several hours we'll see if 1.3200 can really hold and onward the Euro heads higher.

response

I'm wondering if anyone else wanted to contribute to this thread and the poll at this time.

thanks

Well, I worked out my total pips for 2004 yesterday after reading this thread. It was just over 3500 (after spreads as I use an SB firm).
I trade mainly UK shares but have done a few indices as well so you have to take into account that shares like, say, Barclays only produced 20 or so pips and the S&P was only around 5 or so (the SB company deals in whole points on S&P).
I'm looking into Forex for this year as well so hopefully the pip count will increase.
*fingers crossed*

Edster

revival.jpg