Automatic Pivot Points

johnk49

I'm looking for a charting software that automatically calculates and draws the pivot lines for F/X .Any ideas?

Theres quite a few apps (not too sure for FX), AGET gives pivotal points, Dynamic Trader as well.

Like most things its YOU determining when a pivotal point is a pivotal point

you can input forex into quotetracker.the qt will draw the charts from the data which is available from iq.data supplied from barclays/live.you can the input pivots in the prefences.i have not tried it myeself,i like qt as a charting package for us stocks$20 a month fro data feed.qt is free

pivot calculator

there used to be a great program from tradersoftware.biz that used to calculate pivot points for dax, dow ftse etc but I cant seem to find it anymore under that webname . It cost about 20.00 which was exceptional good value - so can anyone help me find it again ?

regards

liam fitz :(

if you paid one penny for a pivot point calculator - you would have overpaid!

now, knowing how to trade off pivot points - thats a whole different ball game!

Hi Liamfitz,
the Pivot Points for Mondays Dow ( 6th Sept ) are 10,239.676 support and 10,301.246 resistance
regards twiglet

Sierra charts can be set up to draw pivot points automatically on a daily basis.

RogerM said:
Sierra charts can be set up to draw pivot points automatically on a daily basis.

many thanks for that - but can i use sierra for dax and ftse stocks :LOL:

Sierra is just a good charting package. If you pay for the data (usually either thru IB or MyTrack), you can chart anything you like.

Pivot Lines

I use TradeStation 8 and I have an analysis indicator loaded on some of my charts which automatically draws colored pivot lines. Will try to post a chart.

Another try. File must have been to big. Nope it wasn't too big, I didn't hit the upload button,lol
Ok - here ya go

Attachments

• Euro.gif
    Euro.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 328
gus said:
Another try. File must have been to big. Nope it wasn't too big, I didn't hit the upload button,lol
Ok - here ya go

many thanks fort all those comments - will look at tradestation 8 and sierra .

once agin ta

:LOL:

Hi gus
I hope you see this post:)
I understand that R1 & S1 lines are but what about those CPR1 and CPS1 .....lines? Do you have any Idea about that?

another Question:
I've read an E-book about pivot-points that claims many traders in FX market using pivots everyday(!) and this is why prices accept those pivots as resistance and price action is faster near those prices.
I'm a little bit suspicious about this issue?! I think those Giant MarketMakers and BOLD brothers are making the big moves and i doubt that they use pivots in their market . what do you think?

regards
------------------
yaser

thanks Gammajammers.
I think my original question was a little odd. ;)

does anyone knows who started the pivot points idea first? I saw some different views on pivots. specially on their use.
I read somewhere the price action is faster near pivots. I mean this as: the battle between buyers and sellers is harder near pivots(if i'm wrong please tell me). is this a good reason why this points is safer to enter trades?? I don't think so but this is I've read on an e-book!

any note/article about using the pivots welcomed:)

Hi GJ
I know what you mean by WHY prices change. it's not my concern too.
the dilemma for me is why "when the price action is faster is safer to get in the trade"?!(it's quite strange, for me it increases risk!)
I know it's quite hidden to all why fibo ratios work for financial markets, and i'm not looking for that though:)
the important part is that it works!
and as i saw(with my little knowledge) pivots and fibos always confirming each other.IMHO theres one fact and many perceptions.

(ps: i'm a civil engineer and so practical. no matter what instrument or device you use, the important part is to make the things work!)

regards
--------------------------
yaser

I mean the speed. I haven't see this on any article(it's an own created concept i think :p).
you know sometimes price is falling and rising really speedy.and sometimes calmer(specially in calmer sessions). -exclude gaps-
it's always ignored. and this is exactly why some traders close their positions frightened of price speed(it has a very strong psychological affect).
my understanding from the e-book i've read about pivots is "price action" (what i mean as price speed-more battle on price) is faster near pivot points.
I attached the pdf ebook i have to this post. i'm not related to this guy, just found this article and read it. he offers a 99$ software in his website. I don't liked it. :confused:

Attachments

• pivotpoints.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 12,326
and to be more realated to original reason of this topic ;) :
to be honest i found a good tip on the book attached to the previous post:
try to calculate pivots for this period:
(no of hours of previous market session+the hours past from current session)

i thought may this is a good idea for day traders.

----------------------------
yaser