Automated spreadbetting

Automate as in using a mechanical approach to spreadbetting or as in using a software programme to do the spreadbetting?

Anonymous said:
Automate as in using a mechanical approach to spreadbetting or as in using a software programme to do the spreadbetting?

Using a software program to do the spreadbetting, i seem to remember from a few years back that someone was playing with sreenscraper software to automate the placing of trades.

Just curious if anyone had been able to do this succesfully since i would imagine that the screenscraper software would by now be more advanced than it was then. :idea:

I don't know any screenscraper software, but if there are those who use software programmes on betting exchanges to do their trading for them it must be very profitable to manually take the opposite position against them when their programme makes a calculation error, which can mean a few thousand pounds return on about two hundred pounds capital in 5 minutes.

Anonymous said:
I don't know any screenscraper software, but if there are those who use software programmes on betting exchanges to do their trading for them it must be very profitable to manually take the opposite position against them when their programme makes a calculation error, which can mean a few thousand pounds return on about two hundred pounds capital in 5 minutes.

LOL Anon, havnt looked into betting exchanges, didnt realise they had progressed into trading stocks etc.

Im assuming from your comments that you have some experience in this area. Not quite sure how a program makes a calculation error unless the data that it relies on for computing the output has been delayed by internet latency or similar.

Anyway i was looking for a method to automaticaly place a spreadbet based on a signal from my charting software. :|

in this area

From the same company in about 3 months, yes, about two occurences. From another company a few years back, starting with 25 pounds deposit to 100 pounds (75 pounds profit) in less than 6 months, continually profiting, have stopped using that company, problem with compounding profits beyond maximum capacity.

method to automaticaly place a spreadbet

I simply place a limit order far away with a stop if executed for the perceived high probability of retracement or reversal positions. I don't know any automatic method for arbitrage though.

Anonymous said:
From the same company in about 3 months, yes, about two occurences. From another company a few years back, starting with 25 pounds deposit to 100 pounds (75 pounds profit) in less than 6 months, continually profiting, have stopped using that company, problem with compounding profits beyond maximum capacity.

I simply place a limit order far away with a stop if executed for the perceived high probability of retracement or reversal positions. I don't know any automatic method for arbitrage though.

Thanks Anon,

looks like i will have to delve deeper into Limit orders etc :cheesy: