AUDJPY- ready to pop?

Cheers ODT, I'll look at the book sometime.
I'm lways ready to learn more.
But I also know there are successful traders who don't follow those methods, or don't rely on them as prime reasons for trade.

I've not seen any evidence of Virtuos good intentions you refer to.

Here is some free reading on CMS site.Just google around and you will find the info free, no need to buy a book

Lesson 5 Central Banks and Interest Rates - Interest Rates Importance to Forex - CMS Forex

No need to open an account at CMS

That's better than nothing, but still a grotesque over simplification, loosely predicated on the notion that all currency traders are fixated on the carry trade to the exclusion of all other factors, which is very much NOT the new paradign in 2009.......

Nevertheless it's better than just looking at a head and shoulders formation that would make Salvador Dali wince......

Glyder

That is incorrect.It is all about timing.The Aussie wasn't bullish , it was the dollar getting weaker.

The Aussie has only just turned bullish in October ,2009.

I thought I would pass in some of my knowledge to you guys,its called giving back.

I read one good book on currencies and it told me all I need to be a successful currency trader.

Trading currency cross rates by Gary Klopfenstein

Charts are often used incorrectly by traders.Next time look at the relative strength of the currency against the majors.

Best of luck

O D T

Thanks for the heads up, will look to buy that book. :) I'd never traded the AUS/USD before late September, came into my radar, some cracking trades...

If I seem clueless to you it's because you don't understand me. The interesting thing is that I haven't had a single newbie PM me asking for advice, the only people I've had PM me are experienced traders wanting to discuss issues or asking me to point out literature that might interest them. The people that need the advice the most are the least capable of seeing it.
Apologies that you think I act defensive, I'm just tired of fighting against the tide and I'm no longer going to do it.

V2O, perhaps it's just the methods you use to deliver your advice isn't that constructive. IMHO your posts are v. informative. Say what you see, don't pull your punches, keep on posting please. :)

Thanks for the heads up, will look to buy that book. :) I'd never traded the AUS/USD before late September, came into my radar, some cracking trades...

don't know your trading style , but euro/usd is best to trade either euro or usd,

Aud /usd is not as rewarding for trends and breakouts.Aud /yen longs mainly tend to be good with a carry benefit.

At present Usd can also be considered a carry opportunity vs Aud

The book is about 15 years old ,and covers ERM but the general principles of currency trading remain the same

Best of luck

O D T

don't know your trading style , but euro/usd is best to trade either euro or usd,

Aud /usd is not as rewarding for trends and breakouts.Aud /yen longs mainly tend to be good with a carry benefit.

At present Usd can also be considered a carry opportunity vs Aud

The book is about 15 years old ,and covers ERM but the general principles of currency trading remain the same

Best of luck

O D T

Cheers bud. :)

Oh I'm sure, but it's still a revealing chart even if you tinker with the chosen inflation measure right?......

Oh I'm sure, but it's still a revealing chart even if you tinker with the chosen inflation measure right?......
Thanks for that Gamma... I think the hard part about fundamentals is where the decent information is; Both in understanding and learning about it and actually recieving the information; For example i couldn't name any commonly accepted good economics/fundamental books, wheras i could list loads on other subjects;

For the purpose of progression of these ideas/fundamentals, would you recommend us all some websites and books as you deem appropraitely?
It would help me, i've always known the fundamentals and made rough decisions from them; but only on my own assumptions about what they mean and their influence, so anothers take would be great!
Or any websites you regularly use to get fundamental commentary etc etc :)

So this conversation can become much more constructive and helpful towards others understanding of studying not just the technical side of the market :) I think its totally under-discussed.

The inflation-adjusted Gold is very interesting, thanks for that.
Why isn't Gold in the headlines 'making new highs?' - Seems very untalked of, would seem like a bullish sign to me, the retail/public haven't even started opening their greedy positions!

Maybe we could make a thread to discuss all things fundamental; The stock market, commodities, forex, economic indiators, monetary policy, upcoming important news/fundamentals that should affect markets (Earnings atm for example) and it could be a really interesting discussion of fundamental analysis :) I'd certainty enjoy it and i'm sure an experienced guy like you could lead it proudly ;) x

Gammerjammer is right but its a shame Virtuos0 left because I think where he was going was the right direction.
As a retail trader I don't always (usually) have the information on what is driving the moves but I do have access to all the other charts. Trading any cross, like AUDJPY, there are a few other charts to keep an eye on and if you understand the correlations and how to assess strengths and weaknesses you can do a pretty good job without a lot of fundamental information because it is all there in the other charts.
If Virtuos0 does come back I wouldn't mind doing this exercise at all.

Count me in
If we can get some experienced fundamentalists in then that'd be great;
I don't think i should make the thread, i always get weird 'interest'; Either non-existant or off-topic.

I'm pretty knowledgable about earnings though i would like to think so atleast i can extensively talk about that :D Yey!

ha, AUDJPY sure did pop, im sure there was a good fundamental reason, nevertheless if it's as fundamentally strong as some of you folks say, i'll be glad to buy a pullback of this pop

Hi guys

No harm in starting a thread " Fundamental and technical triggers "

The purpose is to monitor all economic reports and form an opinion of when interest rates are likely to rise ,fall or go on hold.Once those decisions are confirmed ,monitor the charts and post the anylysis.

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Each thread will be named after each currency.For GBP , it would be titled "GBP - fundamental and technical triggers"

Each of you can make the effort to follow one currency pair , do a fundamental and technical anylysis.

It will benefit all of you ,and we will all make money.

I have started a thread for you guys to continue , and possibly do one for each currency.

GBP - fundamental and technical anylysis

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...undamental-technical-anylysis.html#post941644

ODT