Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Not fussed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trendie

Legendary member
New readers coming fresh to an established thread can sometimes request info on ideas etc.
These ideas have usually been posted as pdfs or attachments.
Mature threads of hundreds / thousands of posts can be difficult to trawl through to find the attachment.
( will also clear up "repeating" posts for help )

Can we have a filter facility to see all posts within a thread that have an attachment, pdf, doc etc ?
Or
Can we have a facility to post attachments to a "library" to each thread, such that over the lifetime of a thread, a library of pdfs and docs pertinent to the particular thread is accumulated ?

hmm see what your getting at trendie couple of buts, if they want it, they will find it, and the other but... im sure it would be well used,

so if its easy to do, i'd say do it...

maybe a take me to attachments in this thread option, and it drops, shuffles them in... sort posts/threads by attachments or something for those who might need it for researching ??

To some extent, this is already done. Last in Miscellaneous in the User Control Panel is a list of all the user's attachments. The list is not accessible to anyone other than the user, but the list is there. If the contents were copied to the pertinent threads and the list made searchable by type (e.g., *.pdf or *.doc), then perhaps you'd have what you want.

Another option is to make file extensions searchable using Advanced Search. There are going to be thousands of jpgs and gifs, but probably not many pdfs, docs, and xlses.

--Db

looks good, Sharky.
(its always frustrating knowing there is a good document somewhere, but not knowing exactly where )

as per dbs suggestion, I didnt think of that ! I was being typically fussy in wanting a "library", similar to NakedTrader website.

thanks again, guys.

I guess thats a RESULT. :)

You're right the attachment browser is not linked from anywhere currently - so if you hadn't come across this thread, you wouldn't know of it's existance - I'll add it to the Miscellaneous section on the Quick Links menu now.