Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading quite a few posts I have a question about the nuts and bolts of spot trading...perhaps trading in general. Let say I buy 10 lots of EUR/USD @ 1.3043 with the sell price at 1.3040. If I was watching the tick chart, what would the effect of this be? Is every tick up equal to a certain amount of lots? Also I know that buyers drive and market up and sellers throw it down, but how does it really work? In the previous example does the sell price of 1.3040 become 1.3043 and the buy price become 1.3046? If so, if there was no resistance would this three pip gain equal someone buying 3 lots? Some clarity on this would be great.

You have hit on one of the key questions that needs to be understood consciously or unconsciously when trying to understand why markets with marketmaking features , i.e quotes available for bid and ask prices, move as they do.
The best theoretical explanation I have seen is given in Palgrave's Dictionary of Finance. Different markets will be moved to greater or lesser extent by different lot sizes, and when marketmakers try to second guess the market, they may diverge from theoretical expectations for periods of time.
There are various sites on the web which show the separate trades reported with prices agreed at each trade, and you can get a feel for how reality often diverges from theory in this sort of data.

The trading strategies must be followed in this market if want to win this market and make good profits here, the basic tools and rules must be followed.

I'm currently learning all about support, resistance, trends etc and I think I'm doing OK. However, I have a question: If these are the "rules" that minnows and sharks follow, how does it work as a market?

Let's say a price hits a support area and it's shown to be strong support, i.e. people see it as a bargain and start to buy at a greater rate than the sellers. This in turn pushes the price up until it reaches a resistance point and then depending on how everyone reacts to this, the price can go higher if the buyers continue to outweight the sellers, or if everyone bails out and strats selling, the price comes back down.

Surely this is madness, no? I'm obviously missing something quite important here, but I can't work out what...

So the market is made to move by the players of the market, yes? But if most of them are playing by roughly the same rules, why is there even a market at all? Or does the market simply exisit to exploit fear and greed?

I hope this makes sense(!)

Stephen

New Trader in the U.S.

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

New to spread betting. im in the U.S. How do i avoid the laws here that prevent me form Spread betting?

Pink Sheets

Hi
I bought some stock in the US a year ago and now want to sell this but am told that dealers in the UK cannot handle it as it is on Pink Sheets in the US. Could you please tell me how I can deal with this in the UK. I have searched on Google for OTC traders but as yet unsuccessful in finding one who can help me. Also I'm told by theTransfer Agent the 'Restriction' needs to be lifted and to fill in a form. This form asks for Method of Acquisition' What does this mean please.
QUOTE=Sharky;395491]This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.[/QUOTE]

Hi
I bought some stock in the US a year ago and now want to sell this but am told that dealers in the UK cannot handle it as it is on Pink Sheets in the US. Could you please tell me how I can deal with this in the UK. I have searched on Google for OTC traders but as yet unsuccessful in finding one who can help me. Also I'm told by theTransfer Agent the 'Restriction' needs to be lifted and to fill in a form. This form asks for Method of Acquisition' What does this mean please.
QUOTE=Sharky;395491]This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.
[/quote]

You have been sold Regulation-S shares which can't be sold here.

Firstly I would look up the names of your companies on the next with the words boiler-room. I think it is very likely you have been scammed by a boiler room operation. Particularly if they cold called you to sell them.

Look up the name of the broker on the net too who sold you those shares.

You can get the restriction lifted by paying a small fee - but I must warn you there are lots of scammers out there that offer to lift the restriction for a large fee (a few thousand) and in reality they then just run off with the money.

I'm sorry to say even with the restriction lifted you may find your share certificates are virtually worthless as you won't be able to find a buyer.

No disrespect but i find it amazing people wil buy shares in a company they never heard of from a 'broker' they dont know.

Hi all, what can youdo about sitting in front of the market for too long? Does it suck you in? It is a problem as the market doesn#t rspond in any ways...

Phil Hill

Regulation-S US shares.

Hi I'm new on here I hope someone can help me. I currently have restricted shares in a US Company the shares are currently worthless. I have been contacted by a Company based in China called Shanghai Wang Venture Inc. Shanghai Wang Venture Inc They say thay can sell the shares for me for a massive profit, so long as I pay a large fee to have the restrictions lifted. I smell a rat. I would be interested to hear if anybody knows anything of this Company. I have been sent copies of the Company business license etc. but of course these could be forged.
Thanking you in advance.
Phil

Regulation-S US shares.

Hi I'm new on here I hope someone can help me. I currently have restricted shares in a US Company the shares are currently worthless. I have been contacted by a Company based in China called Shanghai Wang Venture Inc. Shanghai Wang Venture Inc They say thay can sell the shares for me for a massive profit, so long as I pay a large fee to have the restrictions lifted. I smell a rat. I would be interested to hear if anybody knows anything of this Company. I have been sent copies of the Company business license etc. but of course these could be forged.
Thanking you in advance.
Phil

You already been ripped off dont let it happen again. If they can sell worthless shares for a massive profit, then tell them you will sell them direct to them and split the profit. Whatever you do don't give these guys any money.

hi guys,
is there any complet pdf book about stochastic and how to use it for best results?

thanx.
dashlat

Status
Not open for further replies.