Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What trading platform is recommended for day trading. I need one that has live charts right?

Hi all.
I was wondering if I could get any help.
I am looking for a trading platform that I can download to my desktop, pref for free.
I have found a few already (MT4, ToS) I loved the layout of MT4 - but I can't seem to access anything - for example, it keeps asking me to register - but then wants me to deposite a mim of $3000 before I can proceed, and until that, I can not use it!
And ToS (Think or Swim) can't even find something as simple as HSBC.
Would be grateful for any help I can get.

Thanks, Holly

i wanna know many things about trading!!

Hello
As you know my name is Demo.İ have no experence in trading,but i wanna learn it very much.İ wanna learn from the 1 st step.Please teach me all about that including trading tricks.
Bless you all well!!!:rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering whether someone could explain the advantages of a trading arcade/prop shop vs trading from home using spreadbetting. Ive been trading for a while but really getting into fx of late and turned 500 quid into 15 grand on igindex in the last 2 months - what would be the advantage of an arcade?

cheers

help..
Can any1 recommend a back testing software or point me in the right direction? I have tried pro real time but find it inadequate. I'm mainly interested in EOD data in SP equities, SP future, Commodities, FTSE350 stocks

thanks
greedo

Auction period

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

How does the auction period work at the beginning and end of trading? Is this accessable to retail investors and how does it affect positions on CFD/FST? Thanks

Ask ANY trading related question!

Will do.

Does anyone know of a book/site/article/paper that discusses the dynamics of auction markets in depth? I've focused on price action but only via charts, i.e. OHLC bars that record actual trades. I haven't got a good feel for how price moves up & down bid/ask ladders - what the interaction is between limit orders posted in the ladder and market orders that eat them up in real time.

Anything that discussed that sort of thing would be helpful.
It's ok, I'll find it myself, ta.:smart:

Fab turbo

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Does anyone tried this autopilot? is it true or scam. Please inform me before I make adecision to commit.:confused:

How do brokers make money (apart from the spreads)?

I am new to the spreadbetting world. And I am wondering that if they are hedging all the bets, then isn't there a slightest possibility that we are unable to enter or exit a trade because there's no other bets to be hedged against?

I'm particularly curious about the brokers like CMC, IG, ODL and Alpari... and so on, how do they make money? and Do they cheat?

I'm using oanda game to learn, seems ok as a web based application and I think there is a desktop app as well.

There is a lot of software out there, all with their own unique bells and whistles. Is something like oanda considered to basic to trade with? I'm not gonna ask which software is the best at this stage as I expect I would get conflicting opinions and information paralysis would follow!

Does anyone tried this autopilot? is it true or scam. Please inform me before I make adecision to commit.:confused:

I wouldn`t trade it, some friends of mine had very mixed results with the scalping system and I think it is not a scam, but needs readjusting.

A good summary of EA`s that work and those that are simply hype can be found by signing up to Cinthyia at Forex Trading: The Day Trade Forex System: The ULTIMATE Step-by-Step Online Currency Trading Course to Make Your Online Forex Trading Successful, she regularly reports about EA`s. I personally do not trade with EA`s, maybe at some time later. Good luck.

Hi, I am looking at a few market makers to apply to work as a trader and I know they require you complete a few tests to weed out dead beats.

As i am probably a dead beat does anyone have any first hand information on what the tests are based on and structured about?? Dont particularly want to be wasting time studying unnecessary math...

After reading quite a few posts I have a question about the nuts and bolts of spot trading...perhaps trading in general. Let say I buy 10 lots of EUR/USD @ 1.3043 with the sell price at 1.3040. If I was watching the tick chart, what would the effect of this be? Is every tick up equal to a certain amount of lots? Also I know that buyers drive and market up and sellers throw it down, but how does it really work? In the previous example does the sell price of 1.3040 become 1.3043 and the buy price become 1.3046? If so, if there was no resistance would this three pip gain equal someone buying 3 lots? Some clarity on this would be great.

help

I have day traded in the past (about 9 years ago) with losses. I am now wanting to trade again. Maybe, options or the forex. I have been looking into A.J. Brown which is options, Masters 'O' Equity which is options, and also Russel Sands which is Forex...

Help, any ideas on any of these as far as whether good, bad, or scam?

thanks,

dc

Hello.

I just opened an account with Tradefair and I there are a few things I don't understand:

- why the Bid-Ask margin for DAX or FTSE is 1 and for NIKKEI is 30 ?!

- why I can't bet on DOW ?

- I see that I can bet on markets even when markets are closed. What is that ? How is the level of market calculated ?

I have a lot more questions and I hope I will find some answers here.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.