Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true in many cases, especially for backtesters with poor or no fill simulation and lack of certain features, including being able to simulate 5+ years back. However, it is much better than starting to use your strategy in live mode. Moreover, if you develop your models in an "adjustable" manner, you can always test them first and then keep adjusting "parameters" while trading live.

Where can I find basic information on modifying a trade on Matatrader 4?
The help pages say how to make the alteration and I can do that, then it says hit the 'modify' button. I cannot find anything on the pop-up form that would instigate the actioning of my alteration.

That's true in many cases, especially for backtesters with poor or no fill simulation and lack of certain features, including being able to simulate 5+ years back. However, it is much better than starting to use your strategy in live mode. Moreover, if you develop your models in an "adjustable" manner, you can always test them first and then keep adjusting "parameters" while trading live.

That's why I always forward test a strategy before I go live, I think it's the best option to get a feel on how your live account would grow.

That's true, it's always best to do some testing against real-time data as well beforehand. The problem is that you can only wait so much. Also, with today's volatility, you can get a false perception of any strategy.

Where can I find basic information on modifying a trade on Matatrader 4?
The help pages say how to make the alteration and I can do that, then it says hit the 'modify' button. I cannot find anything on the pop-up form that would instigate the actioning of my alteration.

Not to worry, sorted it out.

Jack Crooks any feed back

Does anyone know anything about Jack Crooks?
This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Basic advice

Hi,

I've been buying and selling shares with an execution-only broker for a year or so with reasonable success and now I'm wondering about brokers/dealers who offer advice.

Does anyone have any experience of MontaguePitman and Blue Index?
I'll be grateful for any advice; thanks.

So much information in this thread...

Thanks guys...

img1.jpg
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
img4.jpg
img9.jpg
img10.jpg

:)

That's true, it's always best to do some testing against real-time data as well beforehand. The problem is that you can only wait so much. Also, with today's volatility, you can get a false perception of any strategy.

That's why so many people lose their money quickly, patience is also a verry important thing in the forex bussines.
It isn't easy testing out a system, but it's worth the effort believe me:)

Net Picks Utm - Relaunch

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience NETPICKS UTM, they seem to be re-marketing it again.

Hi All.
I am new to this site and am interested in spreadbetting the FTSE 100.
Can anyone tell me how I can get Email alerts from T2W on possible FTSE futures.
Thanks.

is it easy to withdraw our funds with FXCM?

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Hi Bro,
I am a newbie in Forex trading. I intend to start my trades with FXCM but I wonder how easy it is to withdraw my funds. Are there many problems with fund withdraw from FXCM?
I am afraid that depositing fund is warmly welcomed but withdrawing is mission impossible
Thanks a lot
Quang

Hi Bro,
I am a newbie in Forex trading. I intend to start my trades with FXCM but I wonder how easy it is to withdraw my funds. Are there many problems with fund withdraw from FXCM?
I am afraid that depositing fund is warmly welcomed but withdrawing is mission impossible
Thanks a lot
Quang

You should not have any problem withdrawing funds from your account under any circumstances as long as you leave 2-3 business days for the money to come through. Just make sure you leave sufficent funds in your account to trade comfortably, there is nothing worse than a margin call or trading scared because your account is too small...

Rare historical info on Copper trading needed

Well, it might look weird, but I really tried hard to find the answer to this:

When Copper has been first time ever traded (date & time)? I found that it was on LME in 1877 but was not able to find anything more specific regarding date and time?

Could anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance.

Value Area trading

Hi all. Just registered, first post. My question is: What/where can I learn about Value Trading? Is there a system that allows the 70% volume area to be obtained easily?
Thanks.

You should not have any problem withdrawing funds from your account under any circumstances as long as you leave 2-3 business days for the money to come through. Just make sure you leave sufficent funds in your account to trade comfortably, there is nothing worse than a margin call or trading scared because your account is too small...

Thank you for your kind reply, Bro.
Good luck man!

Quang

identifay the trend

i am trying to find my way and get to the basic of trading . i am day trading (paper ) and i wanted to ask about "the trend". trader say the trend is your friend and i think trading with the direction of the trend is one of the basic rulls one can make but how do you identifay the direction in the first place, do you have to wait x muinutes /hours before you can see the directuon ? is the trend in 5 m chart similar to that in 30 m chart , what are the tools for finding the direction of the market as soon as possible , what rulles we need to make and how we can become better trader by following the trend.
btw i am using tradestation 8.3.

elis58

Im New

hi there all thanks for letting me regester on this site without sites like these we would not learn so much can any one help plz what is the best time to trade forex?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.