Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fsa exams

hi, i would like to know what fsa exams involve and can anyone outside banking sit them?

Hi Ya Sharky,

I am new on this forum and i was wondering weather or not i could get some assistance.

I would like to be a trader and was recomended by a x-trader to do do my FSA exams.
I would be very grateful if you could advise on which particular exams to take.

Thanks for the help.

Kaz

hi Kaz, i am interested in FSA exams also, so if you find out anything pls let me know, and I will return the same.

thanks
sadie

Hi,

I just signed up today and am interested in Elliott Wave trading. Are there any threads here that discuss counts for Dow, Gold / Silver, currencies, etc.?

Thanks,

Louph

Hi hope this hasn't been answered before but i am trying 3 ducks system and want to make sure i have my set up right.

On MT4 if i set up my 60 SMA on a 4 hour chart do i have to open a new chart to have a 60 SMA on a 1 hour chart or can i just switch times and the SMA line is correct?

I have done seperate charts and switched them about and they look OK.I'm sure i heard somewhere you had to set the moving average you want, in the timeframe you want it.

Forex

Hello

I have started trading Forex ,but like the idea of using daily signals.

Does anyone reccomend any particular Forex alert services which have good performance and a low price?

Thanks for your help

intajake

Man, let me tell you. I know a great / fantastic website, and I was once a subscriber, but did not, at the time, understand how to gauge what they were doing, so I quit.

The site is Forex-SuperTrend.com. The only problem now is, they last updated their Track Record Feb. 2008. I KEEP sending them messages, asking if they are still active. I have never received a response of any kind. What a drag. They had a good track record.

If you want, email them via their contact, and ask them if they are still active.

Good luck! They also have a sister site that does Forex day trading. Their last track record was posted April 2008. They also do not reply to my emails.

Charles700:mad:

Time frames for charts were mentioned frequently in FTSE's thread on Trading Basics.

What are the different time frames used?
When are those different time frame charts used in the analysis?

limit order book - data

I am interested in agent based modeling, and my market models have morphed more and more into those of micro market structure. Where can I get (free) limit order book data (for any exchange or ECN)? It does not have to be real time, but I would be new to the file formats and would need an SDK or help...

Thanks,

jc

I have 3 questions if its alright?

1. Whats the best platform for a FOREX beginner looking at no more than 500 US in startup? Im using forex.com but their spreads are ridiculous - 12pips on AUD/JPN?!

2. Is it wrong of me to think i can make large amounts of money from being a FOREX trader, providing Im not a moron and wear protection to avoid getting raped?

3. What are the most important chart indicators that will help me figure out where a currency will move so i can go short or long?

Tanks heaps.

Z

Hey Zildog,

I have a couple answers for you. One, I wouldn't focus on how much you could make, but how much you can lose. You can lose alot and you can lose it a lot faster than you can make it. The main difference between succesful and failed traders, is that the former were focused on how much they could lose and the later, how much they could make. Really smart people can lose their shirt in the market, and a moron with a good strategy, discipline, and risk and money mangement can make a boatload. No one is smart enough to figure out what the markets will do, no one knows.

Also, there are no indicators that will help you figure out where a price will move, you will never figure it out. Buy by using price action, indicators, and other strategies you can gauge not where the market will move to, but where it is currently moving. Once you know how to read what's currently happening, you can make some trades around that.

I hope that didn't sound negative. These are some of the things I've learned that have helped me. I'm a newbie trader who's yet to make a dollar on the markets, so don't pay too much attetion to me.

Last edited:
Sounds fair enough to me, F4. I can understand the viewpoint of seeing where a pair are heading based on the indicators but its still risky because even the indicators are wrong too.

Is forex a gamble or is there really method to the madness? Im of the opinion that the really good traders gamble a little on being right even when they dont know 100%...or at least they have the tools to make the "educated" guess as it would seem...

Too far fetched perhaps?

Theres so much to learn...

Well, there's always risk involved, but the point is that you don't know what's going to happen. That's why you have very precise risk and money management. Through experience and knowledge you can determine what's likely to happen, and build a trade around that. Here's a quick example of the aud/can. I drew a fib line from the major high to the current bottom of the bear rally. I only use the 50% and 61% fib lines. I would also use a variety of market internals to confirm selling it when price hits the 50%, but in this example it was confirmed by the rising wedge hitting the fifty.

Looks like you can't post photos into here. Well, open up the aud/can on your chart software on a daily , and you can see what I'm talking about.

You can see my trading plan on my blog here: fantastic4esdaytrades.blogspot.com

Well, there's always risk involved, but the point is that you don't know what's going to happen. That's why you have very precise risk and money management. Through experience and knowledge you can determine what's likely to happen, and build a trade around that. Here's a quick example of the aud/can. I drew a fib line from the major high to the current bottom of the bear rally. I only use the 50% and 61% fib lines. I would also use a variety of market internals to confirm selling it when price hits the 50%, but in this example it was confirmed by the rising wedge hitting the fifty.

Looks like you can't post photos into here. Well, open up the aud/can on your chart software on a daily , and you can see what I'm talking about.

You can see my trading plan on my blog here: fantastic4esdaytrades.blogspot.com

Hi,

I am very interested by your point of view.
Can you precise the market internals you use:)

You can insert a pic with the "insert image" button on the top of the palette.

Just had a look : your blog is REALLY GOOD - knowing that
I'll be looking to trade the S&P quiet soon.
How many lots are you trading?

Hi

I am a pattern day trader, I want to open an account in another broker to see if it's better than my current broker. I won't day trade on the old account if the new account goes well. Do I need to keep both accounts above 25k? Can I transfer most funds from the old account to the new account, leaving the old account balance fall under 25k and gets frozen, and day trade on the new account?

If the new broker isn't as good as I expected, can I close it and transfer funds back to my old account, and since it will have over 25k balance, I can continue day trade on the old account one day after the fund is settled?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.