Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spawny,

I am considering doing the same (moving to spain). My understanding is that if you pay taxes in Spain then any profit from SB will be treated as income in spain and taxed as such. I don't know if you are british - but if so it may be best to maintain your british tax status.

i´ve heard three things, one that you don´t pay, two that its CGT (18%) and now that its income tax. Either way if you live here more than half the year your a tax resident here, and it doesn´t legally mean you can trade from a UK account. Its all a bit of a grey area as far as i can see.

Remote Trading

Hi all, I am looking into a remote trading course with TCA Markets. I would really like to try this as a possible career but would obviously need the appropriate training to give me the fundamentals to start with. Does anyone know of this company and indeed this course? And does anyone have any advise on how I'd go about it? Thanks

I'm brand new to investing..I bought into 2 stocks and had the plan to hold them long term. However, I have heard of different techniques whereas traders buy on the dips and sell on the highs, I calculated I could make a substantial amount of money if I used this technique rather than waiting for the long term rise in this stock...can anyone explain if this is illegal or poses more risk.? Thanks everyone- Sabrina

Loafman - general consensus on this site is that they are not trustworthy, which may or may not be true. Other places you can look at are Schneider, Met Traders, Futex, Mako...There's a list on this forum somewhere.

Sabs - that is not illegal, that, in general, is what trading is all about. Figuring out where the tops and bottoms are, however, is not straightforward - look at the first steps subforum for an insight.

hi!

I am a newbie trading intraday futures in stocks. I was wondering if any one can please tell me

1.What is the difference between esignal and livecharts RT datafeeds?? i mean y esignal is more expensive than datafeed?
2.If I already have a RTcharting software do I need esignal package (datafeed & TAsoftware) or just livecharts datafeed.
3.Has any one used Omnitrader(OT) 2008 for charting purpose does its automated buy/sell signals works well on 5 min barcharts, i mean what is the success rate% ?

Thanking you all in advance.

I think my psyche is best suited to intraday scalping; in fact I am sure it is. Small losses (and regular) I can stomach, provided the market I am in is volatile enough for me to make it back and more if I assess the direction correctly. I also do not mind sitting at the screen for long periods. Placing my trade and then "forgetting" about it whilst having a game of golf or going off to walk the dogs just eats away at me! I must be a control freak

So now that I have decided on what I would like to do could anybody please direct me to websites, articles, books or forums which they have found useful for scalping? I particularly like forex but am open to other markets.

Thank you.

FTSE 100 equation

Hi Sharky,

Can you tell me some useful 'trading basics' equations. I feel I'll be able to get my head around it better if I can use some formulas

I'm particularly interested in the equation for calculating 'point' values for the vertical axis of the FTSE 100?? This baffling me a little.

What is a miNY contract ?

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

What is a miNY contract ?

Newbie Questions

Hi all,

Taking you up on your offer to post "any" question...

I'll try be brief - I would like to start trading e-mini's (me an dthe rest of teh world right?) - anyway, I am Syndey based and need to get all the bits lined up to get going - my questions are as follows:

1 - Being in Sydney, Australia, can anyone recommend a good trading platform to sign up with to process my trades. (I am assuming this is all I need to actually place trades and access the info I need, charting, etc., to make decisions. If this is not correct and I actually need to setup various things, please let me know. I point out that I am in Sydney in the hope there is an easy local provider which will make transfering Australian dollars easy - if not, so be it)
2 - I am also operating on the assumption that I will need to pay a monthly/Annual fee to get access to this trading platform as well as commission per trade ($2.5). Is this correct
3 - I guess then the final step is the toughest - I need to learn how to read the charts and make my decisions. Any tips on where to start, books to read, forums, training courses etc.

Many thanks to you all for your help in advance.
Kevin

Do any one know the truth about GSL end of day trading programe?

i think its is a scam. they claim they can help you trade starting with 2k and make 20k in 24 months. has anybody dealt with them b4? please help i think i have being scammed!

Dax 30 Information Please

I am new to trading have been day trading a couple a days a week with gft spreadbetting and Need some information on the german dax.

1. Where can I get independent up to the minute news on the German Dax.

2.Any pre market analysis on what is important to the market that day.

3.What is the best charting software available.

4.Does anyone know if there are any other markets that move first or trigger a move on the german 30 dax.

Any help with the above I would appreciate.

Hi everyone.
I've just joined this forum. I've got a question about long term trades with IG Index.

i've been using capital spreads for a while now. When you enter a trade with them, the trade doesn't close until it hits your stop loss or you manually close it-that could be for months. With IG Index, on their rolling daily ftse 100, it closes at the end of the day and opens a new position.
The question is- how do I trade with IG Index and leave my position open continually for at least a month or more? Do I use their FTSE 100 August/September products? If so, how do they work. Can I exit the trade before they expire? Do they close at the end of each day like the rolling daily?
I've emailed IG Index this question as well but any feedback and opinions would be great.

Thanks for your help.

I live in Columbia SC and need to learn the Technicals to trading and would like it to be someone close to me to teach me....You can call 803-319-7770 or email me [email protected] I have been trading for 3 years Thanks

Hello Traders,
Just wanted your expert advice on Omnitrader(07&08), as a newbie to TA and charting is it advicable to use OT to start with, as i have heard that it is just a blackbox only helpful for datamining or screening purpose, so for learning and my own system development process will it be useful?? if not why??OR This automated signals can also help me learn the reason behind it and in a way TA?? it also has inbuilt stimulator etc, does it works ok?
I am mainly looking to trade intraday using 1, 5, 20 min data. I am aware that no such blackbox can generate profits but still is it capable of generating 40%wins??

please also enlighten with me about the all the features which i have to look for while choosing a RT Streaming datafeed?
What actual difference will it really make if i purchase a esignal pro/premium or livecharts or any other lower version to go with my software (OmniTrader)??
what is the difference between level1 and level2 data and what is actually backfilling feature?
I am a newbei intraday trader not a scalper needs 5 trades a day, so to sum up will it be worth paying few extra bugs towards datafeed whilst my learning process.

Please excuse me if I am asking this question again as i couldnot find any relevant answers to this basic question. Thanks you for kind advice and your time.
Any advice or criticism would be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Ash

Last edited:
S90/Crossover

S90/Crossover

Has anyone tried trading this system, any experiences or sucess stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.