Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question Are assets small bottoms?
Thank you very little.

Not always CB. At times the assets, they are to have large wobbly ones, at others they simply are. Or not, depending. When you are more experienced I will understand. Hope this helps.

but my question has not been answered
Indeed omotade, one would think that after asking it 3 times in as many minutes an answer would have been forthcoming before now. I can assure you that in a decade of trading I for one have never tested asystem's waves _autotrendlines indicator, nor indeed even heard of it. Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Hello everyone,
First post on the forum. In fact my first post on any forum. I hope I am in the correct area to ask a question. I have been day trading the US stock market full time for 6 months. I make enough to survive but I feel that I could do a little bit better. Not trying to become rich or anything, but would like to make enough to not have to worry so much much about my obligations. I am a scalper by nature, and I seem to enter my trades well. My question is how do I know when to exit the trade. I always seem to leave alot of money on the table. The trade will blow past pivot points and resistance lines. When it does I get nervous and take my profit. Only to have the trade keep going. Then the trades I keep longer seem to reverse on me. Looking for any advise on exit strategies or a link to another thread that will help
Thanks

First post - Level 2 Data

Hello all,

This is my first post, I have been learning about trading for a while, done some paper trading and have recently put this into practise using t/a with support and resistance levels to identify trading ops. Using small spread betting stakes I have had some success. I am interested in level 2 data both for the LSE and NASDAQ. I have not used level 2 data before and would like some advice from experienced traders about how useful they find this data.

What I am really looking for is if traders can use this data to see if a fast approaching key trade point for example a resistance level will hold? I understand that some of the information is missing and misleading so does this prevent it being useful?

Thanks in advance,
DL

DL,

No experience of trading equities, but I do use the orderbook for trading futures.

The one thing I will say is that Spreadbetting and using L2 are totally at odds with each other - if you continue to SB, then your trades should be lasting long enough not to worry about L2 data or the spread (which your SB firm will adjust to their favour anyway). L2 data is useful if you are involved in making the market that SB's derive their prices from - where DMA is absolutely necessary, with a fast connection to the exchange, dedicated from end, and so on.

I guess the same is true for equities markets, both used in different ways for different types of trader.

Options:

How many days to expiration would you wait until (naked) shorting the hell out of OTM options? And how do you deal with brown pant situations arising thereafter?

hi im going to university soon in the UK and wondered which if any in particular offer me a good chance to go into a trading career. Im looking to study economics and just wondered what the propects are like.
thank you

Hello I just join as a member today

Hi
my name Tan Sze Shan
from Singapore
Male
39 year old
want to make a living through trading

I come to this forums hope to find a good broker that able to trade Fx Option

best platform

new to trading forex ..can you suggest a good platform i am currently using fxcm on a demo account

DL,

No experience of trading equities, but I do use the orderbook for trading futures.

The one thing I will say is that Spreadbetting and using L2 are totally at odds with each other - if you continue to SB, then your trades should be lasting long enough not to worry about L2 data or the spread (which your SB firm will adjust to their favour anyway). L2 data is useful if you are involved in making the market that SB's derive their prices from - where DMA is absolutely necessary, with a fast connection to the exchange, dedicated from end, and so on.

I guess the same is true for equities markets, both used in different ways for different types of trader.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand that spread betting is very different to DMA, SB works well for me because I do not have a large amount of capital and my trades are over a longer time frame focusing on bigger trend moves. The uses you describe for L2 are I suppose what most traders use it for- to make the market and scalp points, but I was wondering if any traders find L2 data useful to confirm trading opportunities.. such as if support or resistance will hold by looking at the different price and volume orders in the order book as the price is approaching the level, or does it all move to fast to do this or is there too much misleading information? If t/a suggested a trading op and I could use the order book as final (potential!) 'confimation' I could still enter the trade using my SB platform. Hope you understand what I mean, I will maybe rephrase the question and try posting under the L2 forum. Thanks again,

DL

new to trading forex ..can you suggest a good platform i am currently using fxcm on a demo account

Try these out , executions/spreads are good, they have basic charts from 5 seconds up, but a solid service, free demo's and flexi lot size . They offer drag and drop digital box options too (not used that ). Good forum too

Demo Practice Forex Trading with FXGame | OANDA FXTrade

Main OANDA, The Currency Site: Foreign Exchange Services and Trading

Forum Forex Forums - OANDA FXTrade.com

The charts might be ok for you just depends what bells and whistles you want (if not just use your favourate chart service and push orders through Oanda), if you fund an account set up a standing order option instead of Wire transfer, that way your bank will not charge you .

Seeking info re Ken Chow's EXPENSIVE trading course

I received a brochure written by Ken Chow who claims he has discovered a breakthrough methodology (related to Fibonacci retracements) and is offering a low-cost DVD to get one started, but via googling I discovered that subsequently he offers a complete course for $9,999.00 . The obvious question is to find someone who knows someone who has actually taken the course and is willing to comments [favorably or unfavorably] on it.

The obvious question is why spend £5k on a course like that! Jesus, if you want an easy system there are plenty of free ones out there, or very low budget ones with very good growth curves!

rahman, try to find a platform which has java real time data - java tends to be multiplatform (well it is multiplatform).

hi people,can someone advice me on what to do with eurjpy,should I hedge it or wait for it to go down.

Help me

Hi there has anyone heard of Anoli Capital International Inc they are trying to buy shares from me but something isn't right think they might be a bolier room ?

Also can anyone tell me anything about RVC sounds like a bolier room but not to sure something to do with a chap called Tomas G Wilmot sell share is TAJUK is this a BOILER ROOM ????? please help any news

Hey everyone, this looks like a great site and having glanced at the FAQ forum, I'm already glad to have found it. It's really the only forum I've found with this level of support for us newbies, and with a significant UK community (essential I reckon, if I'll be trading on the LSE).

The only problem I have is that I want to take a look into long-term value investing as well as the many forms of short- and medium-term trading I've seen covered here - I won't be doing much myself of course, given my definite lack of capital, but for the sake of my university's investment society I really need to get a broad view of all forms of investing.

Does anyone have any other websites of T2W's quality they could refer me to, especially ones with a UK value investing community?

Thanks

Hello every one,
I'm really newbie, i have got confused with the tons of info i have read and found.
Please i need your help to find the right track to start trading
i want to become Day trader or Scalping trarder for living
I will trade Stoks in europe Market
My problem is,
I need to open paper account but i dont know where?
I need to learn Technical analysis
I need to have a trading System and trading software, which i dont understand the different between both of them?[/COLOR
]
Can you please help me to put them in order.and recommend recommend the right place for opening
paper account, Thanks for all your time and effort you are puting on this great forum
Ihab, paris-France

Status
Not open for further replies.