Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totaly new to trading and am just trying to get a feel for it. I recently got some bumph about something called "Foolproof Earlybird Forex Trading System". Has anyone heard of it? Is it worth going down a route like this, or is it just a mug's game to extract wealth from noob's like me?

Ha

Been reading the forums -- don't think anyone here is too fond of Foolproof...

Forex trading

Hi

I'm only two weeks into discovering trading so am only practicing with demo accounts and still waiting for my books to come from the library, and wouldn’t dream of trading until I have a good understanding. Most of the technical lingo is still over my head.

The question i want to ask is are the demo accounts deliberately programmed to make you money so that you sign up???Don't thing this is the case as it follows the real currencies but im a complete novice making thousands with a demo account and just seems a bit to good to be true!

The most important questions i have are What are their usual trading commisions,and withdrawal commissions? Also whets an options payout and the fee for this??Why do they charge a management fee and whats the performance fee? Asp commission???

Was going to put up a copy of my statement to help but seems the screenshot is to big but could send it in a e-mail i suppose.Put it up a zip file so not sure if it will work.
Don't mean to sound like a muppet but read the pdf user guide for my trading programme and doesnt cover the account statements and have no books!!Any help would be greatly appreciated as this trading game is more addictive than crack but want ot practice good habits not engrain bad ones!!!!

Attachments

• receiptpaint.jpg
    receiptpaint.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
hi im am just starting to trade eurex futures primarily the Bund, i was wondering which indicators anyone can advise me to use on a intra day basis, i currently use bollinger bands, trends. and s& r levels etc but i want to use a more complex system that may offer more confirmation

what do you mean by performing well?

Hi Very new to trading, which sectors are performing well at the moment?

performing well is relative to the trader. Same goes for finding divergences. Trading is a relativistic nightmare. Worse than politics. Which sectors are you talking about or have in mind? What market are they in: stocks, bonds, commodities or forex? If forex, forex doesn't have sectors, just currencies at the root. If you want to get into interconnectedness of markets well that's an entirely different topic.

And the usd-cad pair, a commodity currency, can diverge from commodity prices such as gold and oil. Worked out with correlation studies you can quantify divergence. There are many other facets to divergence with different indicators and markets.

dig deeper, find more.

management fee, performace fee, other parts

Hi

The question i want to ask is are the demo accounts deliberately programmed to make you money so that you sign up???Don't thing this is the case as it follows the real currencies but im a complete novice making thousands with a demo account and just seems a bit to good to be true!

The most important questions i have are What are their usual trading commisions,and withdrawal commissions? Also whets an options payout and the fee for this??Why do they charge a management fee and whats the performance fee? Asp commission???

Was going to put up a copy of my statement to help but seems the screenshot is to big but could send it in a e-mail i suppose.Put it up a zip file so not sure if it will work.
Don't mean to sound like a muppet but read the pdf user guide for my trading programme and doesnt cover the account statements and have no books!!Any help would be greatly appreciated as this trading game is more addictive than crack but want ot practice good habits not engrain bad ones!!!!

Trading commissions in forex are called pips spread. The difference between bid and ask. Most places let place any orders for free that they offer. When you buy/sell a currency you get the bid or the ask, the broker collects a spread fee.

Now the management fee and performance fee sound more like a fund they are offering to trade for you. If that floats your boat, great, but you sound like you just want to trade for your own account.

Crack kills, also bears make money, bulls make money, hogs get slaughtered.

A divergence occurs when two things do something different. So the classic examples of standard divergence are:

Price rises to a new high but OBV doesn't make one (not valid if you don't have a volume surrogate for your forex market).

Price rises to a new high but a momentum measure like RSI or MACD doesn't make one.

In both cases it is becoming increasingly likely that price would reverse. Its important to remember thought that it is only "increasingly likely."

both cases it is becoming increasingly likely that price would reverse. Its important to remember thought that it is only "increasingly likely."
"Increasingly likely".
Only 6/10 for that answer nine, I'm afraid. To score a higher mark, you're gonna have to come up with a handful of rock solid, 100% cast iron guarantees! :cheesy:
Tim.

Hi,

I've got an fx options-related question, and would really appreciate any help?!

I'm trying to find the most efficient way of buying a series of forward starting fx options at monthly intervals. ie. buying now, a series of options that can be exercised at monthly intervals, with a constant notional at each interval. It would effectively work as protection against future movements in FX rates for a constant cash stream.

I hope that makes sense and any help will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks
Simon

Dumb newbie question

I'm looking to trade a mechanical system on the LSE. As sch I need to subscribe to a reliable service that can provide me with clean EOD data on a timely basis.

I've asked this question in the EOD data forum but there isn't much activity there and the 2 answers I did get were pointing me in the direction of free data (which doesn't meet my timely or clean criteria).

Can someone who actively trades LSE stocks or CFDs, is a MetaStock or AmiBroker user (I use both) and who understands the closing price issue and the need for their data provider to handle corporate actions (splits, mergers, de-mergers, etc ...) seamlessly please reply letting me know who you use and describing your experience with them. I'm happy to povide equivalent inforation on the Australian market (ASX).

Cheers,
Pete.

Pete

I don't have the data (what about CSI for very clean eod) but was curious why you would trade LSE. Don't you have to pay stamp duty and such that would make trading the US market much more attractive?

I'm looking to trade a mechanical system on the LSE. As sch I need to subscribe to a reliable service that can provide me with clean EOD data on a timely basis.

I've asked this question in the EOD data forum but there isn't much activity there and the 2 answers I did get were pointing me in the direction of free data (which doesn't meet my timely or clean criteria).

Can someone who actively trades LSE stocks or CFDs, is a MetaStock or AmiBroker user (I use both) and who understands the closing price issue and the need for their data provider to handle corporate actions (splits, mergers, de-mergers, etc ...) seamlessly please reply letting me know who you use and describing your experience with them. I'm happy to povide equivalent inforation on the Australian market (ASX).

Cheers,
Pete.
===========================================================

believe ADVFN does just about anything and comes from your neck of the woods.

Free stock prices, quotes, stock charts, market news and streaming real-time stock quotes.

mp

Pete

I don't have the data (what about CSI for very clean eod) but was curious why you would trade LSE. Don't you have to pay stamp duty and such that would make trading the US market much more attractive?

Nine,

I have a couple of brothers that live in the UK so am trying to set them up to trade my systems.

Do you acually use CSI for LSE EOD data?

Cheers,
Pete.

Do you actually use ADVFN for LSE EOD data? If so can you tell me about how they handle the closing price issue?

Thanks,
Pete.
====================================================================

i no longer trade equities, as forex and the indices give one a lot more bang for the buck, and i used custom intraday feeds for the markets, but from everything ive ever seen, theyre really good for the brit market and euro zone !

worse comes to worse, give em a call

come to think of it, for EOD data, yahoo britain does a fine job also !

mp

Status
Not open for further replies.