Asian markets

vetten

G`day folks,

I would love to go long/short on the Asian markets like Japan, Hong Kong etc.

Would anybody know a reliable direct access discount broker?

Thanks heaps.........Johannes

Don't go there now. At the moment asian market is a bear market. May be next year it will be better.

Erics said:
Don't go there now. At the moment asian market is a bear market. May be next year it will be better.

Thanks Erics.......but I want to do an event driven strategy: just make 1 trade a day throughout all the stock markets on news that is really good or bad, get in at opening and put a lot of money on the line.........I just hope that it won`t open at the bottom and that it will go my way from the bell. Ofcourse I will put in a tight stop and a trailing stop before the bell too and then I can go fishing, `cos everything will look after itself. Simple aye......and here`s hoping it will work.

So if anybody knows of a discount broker for the Asian markets long/short please don`t hesitate to tell me...........

Johannes. :cheesy:

Erics said:

Hang Seng is 4% off its high in March and 23% above it base in May
TSE2 (Tokyo second section (mid cap stocks)) is about 40% up from January
Indian Sensex is near its highs

I would not call that a bear market by any means

Peter

If you watch CNBC, in their Far Eastern commentary they mention intermediaries from time to time. One of these mentioned may be of use to you, try it perhaps.

Again - Try Elitetrader.com in the USA..............loads of brokers offering direct access.