Are you trading with real money?

Are you trading with real money?

• Yes

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
Thanks for the advice, but i'm sticking to my original plan of £400k in 2 years. Someone's got to do it, so it might as well be me. Anyway, great banter Barjon, will be in touch.

Oh, and no offence about the Reliant Robin pic - you should be proud of that car! :LOL::LOL:

ok look forward to a post from you in July 2014 with a pic of your Lambo - good luck!! I'll sell you the Reliant Robin if all else fails.

Did you never use demo account or not using currently?

A girl on a trading board?? Haha.

No i never used a virtual account, and im not going to either. There's no point making money in virtual and then saying great, time to go and trade for real, guess what, you lose and then you lose confidence also. Pointless.

No i never used a virtual account, and im not going to either. There's no point making money in virtual and then saying great, time to go and trade for real, guess what, you lose and then you lose confidence also. Pointless.

Say that after you've turned $5000 into $200 and you think the losers were mistakes.
A bit of caution never hurt anyone.

Hi Benj,

It is pointless for you to replying in forum if not making money here. Open trade and start trading.

It is very easy to criticize other. But criticize self is like brain storming job.

Do you know? Why only few people are successful in the world like Bill Gates, waren buffet. They don't waste time to criticize others.

Hi Benj,

It is pointless for you to replying in forum if not making money here. Open trade and start trading.

It is very easy to criticize other. But criticize self is like brain storming job.

Do you know? Why only few people are successful in the world like Bill Gates, waren buffet. They don't waste time to criticize others.

I might be the next Buffet though - how do you know (that i'm not) ??

I am start forex trading since 7 months. I have started trading with real money after 2 months of practice in demo. My first broker was instaforex. I am trading with UWCfx, FBS and Roboforex.

I'm a live options trader and also have a virtual account, the virtual account is priceless for trying different scenarios of trading, it's also a cheaper way to work on losing trades trying to make them back into profit or less loss.

I have years of virtual experience as I have live trading and I can tell you I have learnt some expensive lessons in my live account that I could have learnt in virtual and just when you think you know enough to survive or it all (depending on your ego size) you learn something new.

It can't be that difficult, otherwise no one would be doing it!? Surely?

Don't kid yourself trading is difficult and it's not about everyone doing it it's about the few that actually make a living from it. Anyone can trade make a profit, anyone... but not many can withstand the losers both on a monitory scale as well as the very important psychological scale.

I wonder how your trading or learning is going so far Benj?
If you ever want to chat about it I am willing to be there. I like how you are positive about it though. I wonder what you will trade, or how... what strategies and so forth.

I trade now with real money and also on the demo account. I think, I will always use demo for testing, at specially because I want to try writing my own EA, hence I will observe a lot of others EA. I suppose there is no trader, who just started successfully trading with real money. It's so thoughtless.

I trade now with real money and also on the demo account. I think, I will always use demo for testing.
I suppose there is no trader, who just started successfully trading with real money. It's so thoughtless.
(y)

I also still am a very active Virtual trader when I have spare moments as I will always be looking to improve my losers. I tried improving them in my live account and that was costly :D
Sometimes they (my virtual trades) get neglected as expected when the need arises for my live trades to take precedence.

I would say any trader that starts with real money quickly ends with no money.

I came across an Options Education company that said Virtual trading was a waste of time, there sure are some idiots out there.

When you are learning to trade you should Virtual Virtual Virtual, then Virtual some more.

When you are learning to trade you should Virtual Virtual Virtual, then Virtual some more.

And what do you think about cents account? Some people think that is quite convenient step between virtual and real money. Have you tried this one?

And what do you think about cents account?
When transitioning from Virtual to live, trading is not or should not be about the amount of money you might potentially make. It should be about the consistency and number of wins vs. loses and trying to maintain positive expectant with your account and so it's irrelevant as to the $ value of the profit. Profit is profit and that's what matters.

Some people think that is quite convenient step between virtual and real money.
Of course, and staying within your financial means is a must, there's no point trading like a big fish when your a small fish, that just won't end well. Better to learn in small steps or trades than big ones, after all a trade is a trade the only difference is the amount of capital at risk.

Have you tried this one?
Personally, no I have not. For me FX trading is nothing more than an odd speculative trade for ego boosting (to be honest) or simple time passing.

When transitioning from Virtual to live, trading is not or should not be about the amount of money you might potentially make. It should be about the consistency and number of wins vs. loses and trying to maintain positive expectant with your account and so it's irrelevant as to the $ value of the profit. Profit is profit and that's what matters.

great post Lloybee. I get tired of reading that you need 10000 or 250000 etc to start trading. What a load of rubbish. You need a few hundred. your strategy should already allow drawdown but your losses should already be small enough and the wins consistent enough or you shouldnt be trading live anyway. If you cant turn around a few hundred, what good will 25000 do you? Once you can turn a few hundred around, then scale up. when you can turn that over..put in a little more. All the time your account is growing, and your strategy is showing that you have something. Number of wins vs losses etc first gives you the confidence to start, and then any losses you can mentally handle so much better as it is just a statistic.