April '04 Forex

bit of a bonkers day so far on £/$ today eh?

currently sitting on the sidelines at the moment, not sure how it is going to react to the US data. we have had the initial spikes etc. lets see what trends develops for the afternoon session.

on the euro though, im currently long from 1.1856 , but the move seems to be stalling somewhat.

puzzling day at the moment. got me stumped. any views on intermediate direction?

FC

I'll see you at the crossroads

right, on the 1 min chart it looks like we are homing in on a triangle..

possiblity of a strong move north methinks.

FC

Attachments

• 1min chart.jpg
    1min chart.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 273
but on the longer term chart we seem to have a bit of an obstacle to overcome.

hmm, sitting out is probably for the best at the moment.

FC

Attachments

• 15min chart.jpg
    15min chart.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 266
Interesting charts, FC - would agree that standing aside for the moment is probably best on £/$.

Buy signal triggered for me on the Eurodollar at 1.860. See how it goes.

Ben

Hi FC

I went long at 1.1859 (breakout of 01:00 to 08:00 high). Long entry confirmed by RSI and CCI divergence.

Like you say, the market is difficult to trade a.t.m.

yes mate im still long.. gone cautiously at £4 a point on that. and out of boredom ive tried a wee scalp on cable.

gonna close that out soon though..

euro looking good though.

:)

Hi guys
Long june euro from 18117, stop at b/e
just went long cable 17684

Fc do you use a spread betting for your fx?

Mpj

Anyone tempted to go long on £/$ - looking for 1720ish to be breached and that might inspire a rise. Any thoughts?

Ben

Hi Fc
Can I ask which co u use? What the spread is and what time the spot market closes. I'm using city index and they close at 4 pm. If u want to trade later you can use the futures but the spread is 16 points.
Mpj

gawd, what a day..

got out of my scalp for +16 on cable, EURO is now looking tired..:(

i agree, im looking for a bigger position on £/$ if we breach 1.775 convincingly.(round number resistance etc )

FC

right im out of here.. tightened my stop on Eur/$ and letting it run til 9pm..

in the meantime im off to play 5-a-side football. we lost 21-4 last week. and the team we are playing tonight beat our conquerers by 20-odd goals respectively.

it could well be a cricket score tonight, or maybe even a forex market lol :)

FC

Haha, you just can't stay away from big numbers.

Paper long on Euro at 1860 looking a little shakey, but made 157 pips from a paper sell on the 20th.

Sooner the testing is out the way the better!

Ben