applying TS execution

giladbi

to other software by using API or anything alike?
is that a possible?
i want TS to generate and execute my system to other mkts which TS doesn't support

sure
that instead of sending buy order to their brokerage system, it will send an order to an outeren system that will execute that signal

if you can progam within TS ( i am assuming that is Trade Station) in a programming language that your prospective other broker has set up for its own api - then you are on your way

though i suspect ( but dont know) that tradestation uses its own language - and i guess the last thing they are going to offer is a language that would allow you to communicate outside their system via an api to another broker

but i guess some tradestation experts can help you out more - but if tradestation does not allow api connectivity to itself or allow you to use C or Visual Basic to communicate from inside tradestation to another API - then you are screwed!

my experiences with tradestation since they became brokers is that they knew very little about their own system - let alone anything else - so wish you luck

If your broker has an API that can be used by Visual Basic and similar software then it is possible to get TS2000i to do what you want. This is not an easy task and would require someone to write the code allowing this to be done. This would also require whoever did so to be familiar with your brokers API which just adds another complication to the whole subject.

Paul

if you are talking about TradeStation v8 then you can automate strategies using TradeBolt, hypertrader or a couple of other programs that run alongside TS and that capture the strategy orders and send them to another broker that supports the market you trade, rather than using the conventional execution process into TradeStation Securities own accounts.

TradeStation does not have an API for receiving or sending orders elsewhere.

if you can program you could write a DLL to do this yourself, program your easylanguage to send the signal data to the dll and from the dll off to the API of your chosen broker.

A really useful place to start for writing an API interface is at: http://www.trademagic.net

Presumably you have already cracked the problem of getting the data for non-supported markets INTO tradestation v8? if not, take a look at OwnData for tradestation 8 and also hypertrader i seem to recall have something similar.

Let me add my two pence worth to this thread as I've worked on projects such as you describe.

Whether you are using TS2000i or TS8 (you don't specify) you can call DLL's from within Easy Language which can then call a trading platform API. This means that you can automatically execute on these platforms using TS to control it all. Having said that, this is not an easy task and I would not undertake this yourself unless you have pretty good programming abilities. There are all sorts of problems which you need to consider such as what to do if TS thinks you are filled on a limit order but in reality you are not etc..

As mentioned in this thread there are some off-the-shelf solutions out there already:
If you are using JTrader or IB's TWS then you can use Investment Labs Trade Bolt
for example. MartinD has mentioned some others as well. I would probably recommend that you start by investigating these rather than developing a new solution from scratch.

Hope this helps

another fairly simple solution i forgot to mention is ninjatrader - they will give you an easylanguage snippet to add to your easylanguage to send your orders to the ninjatrader platform. NT supports patsystems, interactive brokers and MB trading accounts. www.ninjatrader.com

thanks for all the comments, in the isareli mkt, there just 2 systems for execution, and they don't give you API so i in anycase i will take a good programer to do that and the TS (i think i will get the 8th ver.)
i allso need to get the data from someone else (sorry, the mkt here is just to small to have pro. systems) into TS
i will keep you uptodate how it's going and i appriciate your help!