Anyone use very tight stop losses successfully?

I've not got much experience of markets going limit up/down, so could be wrong on this.

Neither have I to be honest. But my analysis told me the market will make a strong move higher before the real fall....all the analysts on Bloomberg are confused :LOL:

it was your lucky day. you couldnt have placed a stop on that trade as it would have been beyond the lock limit and could have been trapped in the position until open. for a few ticks, the risk was huge.

No. I already explained. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Time to unsubscribe...I know the ethos of this forum and what is about to come. I talk about tight stops and I am a liar/fraud/demo trader. I make two trades in a row to prove it and I am lucky....whatever helps you sleep at night.

Actually I think luck has everything to do with it in this trade. Regardless of your analysis, you were buying WITHOUT a stop (and yet you preach the attributes of having tight ones - LOL)

If you buy at limit down you cannot put a stop beneath the market and if it had not come off limit down you would have suffered a crippling loss.

We had a team talk before the open today and the head of our firm told us all not to even think about trying to buy the limit down as it was probably one of the most foolish things to do....

Glad it worked for you and obviously you followed your analysis and your analysis was CORRECT but that doesn't alter the fact that you had no stop and were taking undue risk.

Actually I think luck has everything to do with it in this trade. Regardless of your analysis, you were buying WITHOUT a stop (and yet you preach the attributes of having tight ones - LOL)

If you buy at limit down you cannot put a stop beneath the market and if it had not come off limit down you would have suffered a crippling loss.

We had a team talk before the open today and the head of our firm told us all not to even think about trying to buy the limit down as it was probably one of the most foolish things to do....

Glad it worked for you and obviously you followed your analysis and your analysis was CORRECT but that doesn't alter the fact that you had no stop and were taking undue risk.

I had a stop :rolleyes:

How did I manage to exit?

Glad I don't work at your firm too.

I had a stop :rolleyes:

Well, I'd be interested to know who you trade with because it was as close as you are going to get to free money if you could have had a stop. And if it was free money it makes you wonder where the skill lies...

And if it was free money it makes you wonder where the skill lies...

Well, let's think about this. YOU, the experts at your firm and most people in this thread are telling me that they couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't do exactly what I did. Perhaps you should switch off from what everyone is telling you, including the TV analysts, and let the market tell you what you should or shouldn't do :idea:

Perhaps you should just stick to your own threads where you teach people how to make money. If I need any lessons I'll come and see you.

I talk about tight stops .

lol dont you think it ironic that on a thread about tight stops u have posted a trade that you couldnt have placed a stop on if u went 1 tick offside..............it really was your lucky day

lol dont you think it ironic that on a thread about tight stops u have posted a trade that you couldnt have placed a stop on if u went 1 tick offside..............it really was your lucky day

Are you READING this thread at all? Go back and read again :rolleyes:

So much for serious discussions about trading :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apologies to the all the lurkers, plodders and thinkers who want to progress with their trading. Time to find a new forum me thinks..I might take the advice of SOOCRATES and go over to TL.

Unsubscribed.

Mate, what you're doing isn't trading, it's fartassing around wanting to be right, not make money.

And buying into a limit down is just about as dumb as it gets.

I'm sure Socrates would like some company, he couldn''t have traded his way out of a paper bag either if his life dependend on that.

Oh, tell him my offer, open an account at Oanda, tell us the account number before he starts trading, fund that with 50K - if he even has that much, and trade that for one year, and lest see what your wizard is actually capable of.

He loves an audience, so should jump at that chance to prove his prowess.

NEVER see that, lemme tell ya.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So much for serious discussions about trading :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apologies to the all the lurkers, plodders and thinkers who want to progress with their trading. Time to find a new forum me thinks..I might take the advice of SOOCRATES and go over to TL.

Unsubscribed.

Oh no !!

Do you realise that a great many members visit T2W just to read your posts !

Highlight of their day.

Oh no !!

Do you realise that a great many members visit T2W just to read your posts !

Highlight of their day.

That was me the other way round. Well, not concerning NT, but Socrates.

I found this site when I was googling for sthg, found it, also found lotsa good, no-nonsense real traders here too, BUT there was also Socrates, and all that never-ending, content free nonsense of his which was nothing but substanceless woulda-coulda-shoulda paper tiger pretense that only the most gullible of total newbies could have fallen for totally kept me from posting, which is why I was registered here way before I started participating, I mean such voluptuous explosions of total and utter BS, and ALL OVER the place at that, from just one individual, was simply too much for my state of mind and serenity.

:LOL:

LOL !

Oh dear, what have i started?!

Congrats on your pip-snatching, remarkable that you managed to find even one pip going long today. All credit to you for that- it must have been scary.

As for me, i'm sticking on the short side for now. Managed to catch light oil on the way down and made massive profit.

I dare you to try and catch a few more long pips, go on, you know you want to (y) :D:cheesy: !!

Oh dear, what have i started?!

nomonkey.gif

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

All part of the local fun here :)

But we're really harmless here, if you want a read on what went on during the days when locals traded on floors, have a look at this
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-arcades/16898-arcade-traders-pit-stories-thread.html

Or read:

51S6QH8VJHL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Leg the Spread: A Woman's Adventures Inside the Trillion-Dollar Boys Club of Commodities Trading: Cari Lynn: Books

Highly recommended !!!

Or that all out classic,

41WCRQCZKSL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_AA219_PIsitb-sticker-dp-arrow,TopRight,-24,-23_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Amazon.com: Liar's Poker: Rising Through the Wreckage on Wall Street: Michael Lewis: Books

ABSOLUTELY superb, insightful, highly entertaining, just all around fantastic.

BUT RUDE and IRREVERENT TIMES those were, NOT for the fain-hearted haha, boards are regular benchmarks of Victorian decorum and manners by comparison.

:D