Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 2

someone shows up actually talking about trading, bat**** though he may be, and you ban him.

meanwhile the witchhunt club and 'omg I sold dow and am liyk stuck in a pusishun' retards are welcome to stay

I am totally committed to short DOW even put a market order at 16025, so far the bulls are reigning pretty well and I cannot do anything but to trade what I see.
By the way that market order is small with a hard SL at 16037, just in case.
At 15925 I will add to this short position and take profits around 6800.
Seriously, shorting Wall Street atm is not the best idea, the fact is that is is going up and having a different opinion, though possibly correct will not change this market direction for the time being. Even Bernanke himself not that long ago said that the equities have a "nominal" value, and as long as fresh money is printed it will be so for a long time to come. Crash will certainly come but before that happens there are likely to be substantial new highs.
Do not loose your shirt going against the market.
I will go short only after a good confirmation, including a divergence between the PA and RSI on Weekly TF/ Daily TF, and possibly assisted by some harmonic pattern, Fibs and so on.
As for now DOW converted into the fourth quarter, with 15000 just around the corner.
Happy trading to all.
2be

go ahead remember my name when i run your stop again

I am totally committed to short DOW even put a market order at 16025, so far the bulls are reigning pretty well and I cannot do anything but to trade what I see.
By the way that market order is small with a hard SL at 16037, just in case.
At 15925 I will add to this short position and take profits around 6800.
Seriously, shorting Wall Street atm is not the best idea, the fact is that is is going up and having a different opinion, though possibly correct will not change this market direction for the time being. Even Bernanke himself not that long ago said that the equities have a "nominal" value, and as long as fresh money is printed it will be so for a long time to come. Crash will certainly come but before that happens there are likely to be substantial new highs.
Do not loose your shirt going against the market.
I will go short only after a good confirmation, including a divergence between the PA and RSI on Weekly TF/ Daily TF, and possibly assisted by some harmonic pattern, Fibs and so on.
As for now DOW converted into the fourth quarter, with 15000 just around the corner.
Happy trading to all.
2be

forgot to note i actually dont care about your technicals charts dont mean **** to me actually

Its not really the time to be gloating

some have got it wrong this time, others will get wrong another time
that's trading, and anyone that says they win all the time is lying

aslong as one learns from ones mistakes or better still from others mistakes, its not a true loss

the bulls make tons of mistakes buying far too early everytime there's a downtrend
so what goes around comes around

there are always alternative ways to enter (just) after these uptrends
and if you cant tell how on the charts, you need other indicators that can

Last edited:
actually i am looking to short now but not yet will buyback on comming thursday and friday for new highs again then i might short or i play conservative aproach and wait for my thing to say so

It does seem incapable of having even 2 consecutive down days of more than (-1.0%) though regardless of how bad the macro news flow, data, and fundamentals has been, which makes me think this is either going to collapse like the 1999 tech bubble or just end the year at around 18,000!

Where is the TA to justify shorting the Dow? (not thinking about doing it, doing it)

Where was the TA to support shorting the Dow when we were 1200pts lower at the start of this thread?

Seasonals come for week months allwell my believe is that weh going much higher comming years even if intrest rates go up. It will temporirally. Give some panic and some selling but it will be another buyback 1 need to look at the components who are inside the dow now the components are different and not the same why it is more healthy.The easy money for now has been made thats why i am scaling back if people bought after the fiscal clif every 2 consective down days they made money 1 can build a posistion. If whe get the bigger correction according seasonals coming months i will do the same again. In the stronger months again. It doesnt make verry much sense for a lot of people with a weaker economy not really good earning for this thing to keep going mostly is because of the fed is all about the fed and there is 1 rule i learned pretty fast is do not fight the fed or any central bank. Now maybe whe will have a 1987 crash 1 day well you feel a champ if you catched and i am sure 1 qould catch it after lossing tons of money trying to pick that top. But my believe is its hard verry hard to time exact and maybe it wouldnt come and whe only see a 10% max correction. The markets are now great for traders i am not a investor not not buy and hold guy those are the guys who have to worry they could erase all there gains in 1 day. For a trader it is all most about getting direction right or 1 uses somekind of abitrage method and trades non directionial now if you look at that damm chart it is up. I know many love ta i dont really care only look sometimes at mayor support ressistances. but mostly buy 2 consective downdays or whatever. Now seasonals point to lower prices so i would expect whe gonna see some correction allwel the thingy i use hasnt flipped to the shortside yet so no intrest in shorting it but would be more going in to cash now and play bit more conservative because seasonals you know the good old sell in may thingy has been doing verry well from stats

Short (again) from 14847 stop 14903... will hold as long as it's going well, or until i'm stopped :clover:

What I and some folks here were talking about about the death of the last bear?
And then came the fall... :LOL:

I am surprised by the lack of discussion on shorting DJI given the past two days have generated the first technical and structural development that actually makes shorting this index a more realistic proposition rather than the hope for the best approach that had dominated before.

We now have a high which the market has created that can be used as a structural stop. The market now needs to demonstrate a swing that can take out the recent high or else we will get a lower high. We had just seen a significant outside bar suggesting strong supply at current levels.

14510 holding for now. If it breaks that level and carries on through 14450 then it could carry on all the way down to 14300 without much resistance.

These 'terrorist' news are dominating headlines at the moment. Haven't heard anything positive in days, as well as UK unemployment rising. Shorts could be a good call soon, especially if the Fed does ease up on its QE programme

FYI. I got taken out at my stop for slows of 400 points. Ouch.

Having now had a week of consectutive falls I am interested in shorting again as I believe the longer term issues are still there.

From looking at the chart I do wonder whether we have started a reversal.

It's currently standing at 14547.

I am considering placing an order for shorting at 14418

This will be confirmation of a breakout from the rise on the closing price of 14421 on the 20th of march after which a rise occurred.

Would look at placing a stop at 14599 (to prevent a rise from 14600). with a limit of 14100.

Any thoughts?

Possibly best to wait just a few more weeks

there really is nt any need to rush into shorting
my best advice is to go back to the charts and define a method to know 80-90% when the real downtrends are
only there will you find the real downtrends

at the moment price is trending then ranging,
the ranging can be a semi downtrend as with this week - but not a full downtrend

Pros only short FULL downtrends as its the safest way, and much more unlikely to be stopped out and make much easier money

Last edited: